HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2008, 05:32 AM
Joined Mar 2008
8 Posts
Discussion
Elektronize 43??

Hi guys(no girls??)
I have bought two ELECTRONIZE 43 HX from a friend for about £10. I have a 20 years old SMIT ROTTERDAM that´s I am rebuilding to Dutch Coast Guard WAKER. I probably will have two SPEED 600 in here and I wonder if the 43 HX works with these motors. Its simple as that!
I have tryed to make some comunication with the company ELECTRONIZE, but it is not going very well. I want to know the specification of Electronize 43 HX. A guy name David suggested that I should buy a new speed regulator, and now my mail keep coming back. ELECTRONIZE does not want help me, but I hope that there is someone out there who is more helpfull.
The last letter to ELECTRONIZE is this.
Regards.
Thomas HAGBARD Nyberg

Sir.
"Now more than two weeks have passed.
I understand that you work day and night to “deal” with all strange questions
about your products.
I would be glad if you could answer my question, ore you could at least tell me where I should turn.
If you don’t want to deal with “no customers”, pleas feel free to say so.
I’m a big boy.
Very big!
Regards.
Thomas Nyberg
hagbard is offline Find More Posts by hagbard
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2008, 07:30 AM
Maltese sparrow
Leicester, UK
Joined Oct 2004
536 Posts
Thomas,

Don't know why you are getting no good answers from Electronize - we have a healthy respect for large Vikings

I had a quick look for the model 43, and came up with this;

http://www.formbymodelshop.com/ez43h...-bec-314-p.asp

which seems to suggest 15 amp max. I wopuld expect two S600s to take more than this, but it would depend on the props etc. I only know them in aircraft use and would assume 20 Amps each.
I know that boats don't usually hit them this hard!

Hope this is a little helpful

andrew
andrewhalst is offline Find More Posts by andrewhalst
Old May 09, 2008, 12:38 PM
Joined Mar 2008
8 Posts
Electronize 43 HX

Andrewholst.

Thank´s for your fast reply.
I understand that the ELECTRONIZE 43 HX is still i production.
Stranged that ELECTRONIZE sayd "that it propably is an old speed regulator". Of course they want to sell new things but I don´t like lies.
I have two ELECTRONIZE 43 HX and I will buy two SPEED 600, and I understand that if I drive carefully it´s going to work. Yes?

Regards.

Thomas Nyberg
Old May 09, 2008, 03:56 PM
RTF only for now!!!
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Mar 2007
332 Posts
Actually, the 43HX and similar models line are no longer listed on their website, www.electronize.com, so I think these have indeed been phased out by the manufacturer. However that is not an excuse for Electronize not to offer any support of their older product, especially since these were very durable ESCs.

There may be other retailers who have some in stock and are selling them.
Greg_Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Greg_Vincent
Old May 09, 2008, 06:10 PM
1855-1921 Naval Fan
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Sep 2006
577 Posts
Firstly; I never had a problem with Electronize support be it for older or new products. The wording of your email is bit wierd by all accounts, it may have put them off.

Secondly; A 43HX would not be a safe idea to drive a 600 type motor in a boat. A 600 motor draws 2-2.8 amps unloaded depending on your voltage and will easily draw 14-24 amps will result in lots of popped fuses, stranded boat and the ESC might lose it's 'magic smoke'.

Thirdly; Electronize speed controllers are designed with scale model boaters in mind and normally scale RC boats use 5 pole motors; e.g. 385s, 545s, 555s, etc. Two Speed 600 motors in a SMIT Rotterdam seems like the wrong kind of power, the model will have the wrong scale speed, using direct drive the motors will on run at 73-75% of their efficiency and you get them near 100% you'll need gear boxes in your setup. You'll have short run times dues to the amp draw of the motors and the motors will run fairly warm so you'll have to cool them as well. And the shape of the hull isn't designed for that kind of speed and that will add to your inefficiency.
To over come this I'd replace the 600s with a pair of 545 motors, she won't be a speed demon but the SMIT tugs/Dutch CG boats aren't really speed demons in reality. This way you can still use the 43HXs, you can use a direct drive (no gears) and you'll have a longer run time with your batteries and it's the cheaper option as motors cost less them ESCs. If you really MUST use 600 motors, replace the 43HXs with Proboat ESCs and install 2:1 or 3:1 gear boxes and have a rescue boat standing by.

Stu
Stu :) is offline Find More Posts by Stu :)
Old May 12, 2008, 06:43 AM
Joined Mar 2008
8 Posts
Electronize 43 HX

Stu.

Thank´s for your reply.
I´ll skip the 600 motors and go for something smaller.
The "Deal-word" was just a "copy" from "little David" at the ELECTRONIZE- answer on my first letter.
My second mail has still not get any answer(3 weeks).
Let this ELECTRONIZE 43-projekt get to rest!!

Thomas N.
Old May 12, 2008, 06:54 AM
Is life for real?
Almere The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
1,324 Posts
Thomas, we've got girls, don't mess for example with Umi, she's very dear to us and she has more than earned her mark. I must agree with Stu, I haven't dealt with Electronize before however the wording in your mail might have put them off. Don't forget that a lot can get lost in translation. BTW welcome to the forum and good luck with your built Boo
pkboo is offline Find More Posts by pkboo
Old May 12, 2008, 10:54 AM
Maltese sparrow
Leicester, UK
Joined Oct 2004
536 Posts
Thomas,

Just found this thread - in case it helps you

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/for...p?topic=9114.0

I notice that some other people also seem to have had slow replies

andrew
andrewhalst is offline Find More Posts by andrewhalst
Old May 12, 2008, 03:03 PM
abingdon england
Joined Feb 2008
498 Posts
thomas i have built and used electronize speed controlers in the past. I never had a problem with them . I now use mtronics as the are cheeper than electronize while still maintaining quality .
As for motors i go for graunper 720bb torque. I use a version of these ( protech 720 bb no longer available ) in my car ferry. She is about 1.6m long and is powered by 2 55mm 5 bladed props giving me a 3 to 4amp current draw at full speed and about 13 amp at stall .

john
cos918 is offline Find More Posts by cos918
Old Jun 03, 2008, 12:13 PM
Joined Mar 2008
8 Posts
Hi, I am the one with the ELECTRONIZE 43, he he!!
I just wonder what a 545 motor is compared to one of Graupner SPEED motors.
Is it a good idé to have a gearbox?
I will put everything in a 1 meter scaleboat.

hagbard
Old Jun 03, 2008, 03:01 PM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
5,062 Posts
Hi Hagbard,

Your older ESC's are on the edge if you go for 'speed'motors, What you'll want is a pair of motors that will turn your props in direct drive, which is quieter.

The 545 sound like a good idea, as they'll give you more torque and less rpm. (it's a five-pole armature instead of three in the speed versions)
You'll most likely end up with the 12V version.
Check if the motors you'll purchase have neutral timimg, so you can use counter rotating props.

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is offline Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Jun 03, 2008, 03:07 PM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
i think an speed xxx E motor is neutral. I have a speed 500E in a sydney star and it takes LESS THAN 1 AMP with a 5 blade 35mm prop
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501