HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:42 PM
United States, PA, Schellsburg
Joined Jan 2013
56 Posts
Help!
phoenix sim w/ dx5e (2.5v) question( updated problem)

hi, have another question please.

about ready to install the 2.5v to my comp. i have the included dx5e tx too.
does this included tx. have to have the batteries put into the back of the tx. in order for it to power up? or does the tx. get its power from the usb port? and if it does, do you have to turn on the power on the tx. or does it come on automatically?

thanks!
hi again, got the sim working well, so to speak. but the updates are not. when the program opens up, it initializes and says checking for updates and then pauses and goes straight to the default flying field. it should give me some updates since this is ver.2.5. so i started the program and clicked the system tab and then the get updates tab. when i did, i hear a little "ting" and then a white box opens up and says "connection failed" check your internet connection. my connection is perfectly fine. my dsl modem and router are a combined unit from my home phone provider Century Link. any ideas why the sim cant find my internet connection? im not a computer geek so if you have some help, please make it easy for me to understand. thanks!
lx2008 is offline Find More Posts by lx2008
Last edited by lx2008; Feb 10, 2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: UPDATE
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:01 AM
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
London, UK
Joined Jul 2009
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lx2008 View Post
hi, have another question please.

about ready to install the 2.5v to my comp. i have the included dx5e tx too.
does this included tx. have to have the batteries put into the back of the tx. in order for it to power up? or does the tx. get its power from the usb port? and if it does, do you have to turn on the power on the tx. or does it come on automatically?

thanks!
hi again, got the sim working well, so to speak. but the updates are not. when the program opens up, it initializes and says checking for updates and then pauses and goes straight to the default flying field. it should give me some updates since this is ver.2.5. so i started the program and clicked the system tab and then the get updates tab. when i did, i hear a little "ting" and then a white box opens up and says "connection failed" check your internet connection. my connection is perfectly fine. my dsl modem and router are a combined unit from my home phone provider Century Link. any ideas why the sim cant find my internet connection? im not a computer geek so if you have some help, please make it easy for me to understand. thanks!
Check the website for downloads, they should have a file to update any version to 4.0
AD. is offline Find More Posts by AD.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:56 PM
Joined Jan 2013
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD. View Post
Check the website for downloads, they should have a file to update any version to 4.0
thanks for the info but that does not tell me why the auto updater can`t find my net connection. its like it wants to, but its telling me i dont have a internet connection. which i do.

would like an explanation why it would do that. another forum said it may be because my version is lagging so far behind the newer vers. that the server cant return a ping so it thinks i dont have a connection. i guess i could do it from the phoenix site but im curious to find out why.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:11 PM
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
London, UK
Joined Jul 2009
236 Posts
Could just be your firewall or security software blocking it.
AD. is offline Find More Posts by AD.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:51 PM
Joined Jan 2013
56 Posts
downloading the "any to 4.0 ver. now. thats a big one! hoping when i get it finished the new version will recognize their server.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:33 PM
Joined Jan 2013
56 Posts
well, the download finished when i awoke this morning. said the download failed.
message said something to the effect of, could not find user files.

any other suggestions? another forum said this was possible because of the traffic on the server. and to try to do it at 3-5 in the a.m. and i will eventually get it all.

does this mean that when i try do the download again it will pick up where the download failed, or will it do the whole thing all over again?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:35 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,374 Posts
I just reinstalled my computer and have v2.5 as well. The download page says:
"If you have version 3.0 or above, please use your System > Check for Updates"

So v2.5 must look to the wrong location for updates.

However I seriously think I'm going to sell my Phoenix and just stick to RF. I've had it with this slow download crap. 24KBps download speed, over 9 hrs left on the download of the update. Why they can't have a US download mirror at this point is beyond me. The fact that the only download location for the whole world is in the UK is just sad. Half the time when I try and get updates inside Phoenix they fail to download.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:42 AM
Joined Jan 2013
56 Posts
hey guys, tried about everything. still nothing. anyhow, got good news! called horizon hobby and told them what kind of trouble i was having and they are sending me the newest version the phoenix sim at no cost to me Excellent customer service if you ask me!!!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:23 PM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Same problem here!... PLEASE somebody help share alternate download sites...
mhelim is offline Find More Posts by mhelim
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:39 PM
Joined Jan 2013
56 Posts
got the v4.0 the other day. needed it mainly to practice for my new 120sr i bought a few weeks ago. updates work great now! have had no issues with it so far.

if your using the 120sr in the sim, go to model in the set up, click edit , physical model set up and then 100%. it is the closest thing to the real thing i have found. if you don`t, when spooling up real slow it will start to hop up and down all the time. and then when you give it just a tad more throttle, it will shoot straight up.

now you can hover pretty stable in one place and then set your trim levels. i am now starting to learn to fly this thing a little bit. simple forward flight and turns. will try it on the real thing this weekend.