HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:42 AM
Joined Oct 2010
18 Posts
Guys since the 0.58 firmware is buggy would it be safe to overwrite it with the 0.49 firmware? What I mean is sometimes replacing a later firmware with an earlier one can lead to disaster!
Lordlucan is offline Find More Posts by Lordlucan
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:53 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.aluffi View Post
Here are there are the settings. Now it's starting to let the yellow light off even in the case of short recordings.
Reset button seems to do nothing: am I supposed to let the sd card in while I press it or do I have to pull it off?
To me, your symptoms sound typical of a flat battery!
Are you sure your battery is fully charged? The green LED should be on while charging. Charging takes from 2 to 2.5 hours.

If the green LED doesn't come on, then you most likely have a defective USB cable or power supply. This is common problem. The first step is to ensure your battery is fully charged. Try a different USB cable, they are standard. If it still doesn't work, try yet another cable!

Once fully charged, you can do further testing by starting a recording and then connecting your camera to your computer or an external power supply. The recording should continue.

It doesn't matter if the card is in or out when you press the reset button. The reset button basically "shorts" the processor which forces the firmware to start running from scratch. It does not affect the real-time clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordlucan View Post
Guys since the 0.58 firmware is buggy would it be safe to overwrite it with the 0.49 firmware? What I mean is sometimes replacing a later firmware with an earlier one can lead to disaster!
No disaster here! You can even install the very first firmware version that existed!
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:27 AM
Joined Jul 2012
161 Posts
Ty Bill
I have to go back to 0,49 and now , everything is ok.

Now, il will try it in Fpv ^^
ziggy95 is online now Find More Posts by ziggy95
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:52 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdlcar View Post
Can someone tell me which is the same plug as the battery plug?

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Micro-J...item27cd2556f1

2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Micro-J...item2a25933cb6

3. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Micro-J...item2a25933cb3

Which link if none can you point me to it.

Jack
only the middle one fits. the camera has 1.25mm connector, not 1.0mm or 1.5mm as in your other links.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Oct 2011
31 Posts
Dear Tom

Please clarify on below.

If i turn on the motion detection "on", how long the camera will be turned on without recording (if no motion detected) or in other words what will be the battery life of the camera when turned on after enabling motion detection.
Ajithkumarc is offline Find More Posts by Ajithkumarc
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:45 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajithkumarc View Post
Dear Tom

Please clarify on below.

If i turn on the motion detection "on", how long the camera will be turned on without recording (if no motion detected) or in other words what will be the battery life of the camera when turned on after enabling motion detection.
I don't know for sure (haven't tested this). The camera is in a mode similar to "standby"... maybe identical to standby, but I don't know that. There could be some extra power drain while it's waiting to detect motion since it has to have the CMOS imager activated to do this (but no recording will be taking place). In true "standby mode" the imager could be shut down into a power saving mode, so the battery life could be slightly less in Motion Detect mode.

Perhaps someone has already tested this and can comment here? Or if you have the camera, do a test and see (post your results back here if you do, please).
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:19 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,877 Posts
This video is from my 808 #16 V2 Keychain camera with the D lens 120* -- simply love it. I made a mount to put it out front of my 30" custom made MantaStinger -- FPV plane.

It was early this morning so the poor light. It is running the 0.58 firmware.

808 #16 V2 Keychain Cam Looking Back (9 min 2 sec)
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
What can be wrong if the camera updates firmware: yellow blink and after 8sec (approx) it stays on solid red.
It gives signs of life when attached to the PC, but only a green LED.
PC doesn't recognize it, and it stays at red LED when powered on..
Vanhoucke is offline Find More Posts by Vanhoucke
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:51 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,663 Posts
Press and hold the button until the led goes yellow and then release, with it connected to USB.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:58 PM
Davison, MI
Joined Sep 2007
1,221 Posts
Hey Guys,

I just found these altimeters that read peak altitude. They also read the current altitude in real time.

They are so small you can add them anywhere including in your field of view of the Keyfob Cams to see altitude real time as you fly and of course it registers your peak altitude.

Might be a cool addition to your vids !!

Thought I'd pass it along.

http://www.jollylogic.com/products/altimeterone/

http://www.amazon.com/Jolly-Logic-JL.../dp/B0069ZD53E

Joe
Joespeeder is offline Find More Posts by Joespeeder
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Sep 2012
19 Posts
If anyone is interested in connecting the external battery with modification I have made I give you some simple solution.

You can easily use internal battery with jumper ON white/black wire. The external battery can be connected using servo cable connecting red/black wire. I use 3.7V Li-ion cell phone battery and it works well.

JP
jurepu is offline Find More Posts by jurepu
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:43 PM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
Awesome, thanks for that!
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:03 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurepu View Post
If anyone is interested in connecting the external battery with modification I have made I give you some simple solution.

You can easily use internal battery with jumper ON white/black wire. The external battery can be connected using servo cable connecting red/black wire. I use 3.7V Li-ion cell phone battery and it works well.
JP
Not bad. +1
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:33 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurepu View Post

JP
This is a clever way of connecting an external lipo (or li-ion) cell to the battery terminals on the circuit board to power the camera while preventing a simultaneous parallel connection to the camera's internal battery with an external cell at significantly different voltage (the internal battery does not like that!). A large external cell normally needs to be charged with an external dedicated lipo charger if you want the charge to be completed in less than a month!

ALSO, there is a risk of connecting the jumper to the wrong pair of wires... which will produce a direct short across the internal battery charging circuit. I doubt the camera will like that!

Also, there is a risk of connecting the external battery incorrectly if a non-gendered connector is used. This would connect the battery with reverse polarity with the camera charging circuit! I doubt that either the battery or camera charging circuit will like that!

As a minimum, I'd use a gendered "Futaba-style" servo plug (with the tab) (or other gendered plug) for the external battery circuit AND the jumper.

If done correctly, this is a better way to directly power the camera with an external lithium cell! Thanks for the post, jurepu!

p.s. My warnings may be over-stated, but I can't tell you how many times I've reversed servo plugs in a non-gendered RX, even after a cross check! In those cases, nothing bad happens. This is different, so be careful and take heed!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:56 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Wouldn't this also reset the internal clock every time you changed from one battery source to the other? clever idea though
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly