HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2012, 07:07 PM
Mile High EDF
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2011
940 Posts
Flew my habu today on my new jet fan 80mm 9 blade fan, using an arc 2080kv motor and 100amp Hv esc. It was wonderful , can't wait for tomorrow, great weather all week for flying. I'll get a video up this week, the sound is turbine like and plenty of power.
420flyboy is offline Find More Posts by 420flyboy
Last edited by 420flyboy; Jan 02, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2012, 08:05 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,061 Posts
sounds great cant wait for the video, did you find the jetfan 6s set up better than stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420flyboy View Post
Flew my habu today on my new jet fan 80mm 11 blade fan, using an arc 2080kv motor and 100amp Hv esc. It was wonderful , can't wait for tomorrow, great weather all week for flying. I'll get a video up this week, the sound is turbine like and plenty of power.
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Old Jan 02, 2012, 08:09 PM
Mile High EDF
Joined Jul 2011
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyda00 View Post
sounds great cant wait for the video, did you find the jetfan 6s set up better than stock?
Yes, better climb and speed, the sound is amazing.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 08:43 PM
United States, TX, Sugar Land
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
HABU 32 Crash

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share this video as a learning lesson for my self and for hobbyists that want to buy the jet...unfortunately i joined this forum too late to learn that i should never try to execute a steep turn at 50% throttle...
all helpful comments, tips, and observations are welcome..... this was my 4rth flight on the Habu 32, the first three flights i flew around at no less then 75% throttle....had great landings.....this last flight i decided i wanted to back down and fly slower....big mistake!

I am defintely building another one and taking this as a hard learned lesson

flying experience: Funtana 90 (20 +flights), Showtime 90 (30+ flights), sundowner 50 (30+ flights), Habu (parkzone foamy), 20+ flights, Habu 32=4 flights total

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I6AY...r9UgRHu9qh_A_y
leansixblack is offline Find More Posts by leansixblack
Last edited by leansixblack; Jan 02, 2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: forgot to write comments
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:06 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leansixblack View Post
Hello everyone,

I wanted to share this video as a learning lesson for my self and for hobbyists that want to buy the jet...unfortunately i joined this forum too late to learn that i should never try to execute a steep turn at 50% throttle...
all helpful comments, tips, and observations are welcome..... this was my 4rth flight on the Habu 32, the first three flights i flew around at no less then 75% throttle....had great landings.....this last flight i decided i wanted to back down and fly slower....big mistake!

flying experience: Funtana 90 (20 +flights), Showtime 90 (30+ flights), sundowner 50 (30+ flights), Habu (parkzone foamy), 20+ flights, Habu 32=4 flights total

It was a rather short flight but did you check your CG prior to your flight? If your not comfortable flying the Habu maybe get a Buddy with the same TX as yourself and Buddy Box a flight or two?? I first learned to Fly these EDF Jets by purchasing a Foam Habu...but then again, the composites are a different animal. Anything I can do to try to help..PMME..I have a few extra parts for the Habu32 kicking around...Sorry about your loss.
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:13 PM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,256 Posts
OUCH! Sorry to see your Habu go in...seems like you already know what you need to do next time...keep the speed up! Flying something without a prop means no airflow over the control surfaces at slow speeds and an accelerated stall like that mean the nose will drop right away. good luck on your next one!
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:43 PM
Keith Thomas
United States, NM, Portales
Joined Feb 2010
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Hello everyone,

It look tail heavy to me. What was your cg set at? I lost one a month or so ago at about half throttle on base to final. I was in a right turn and it snapped left and into a fence.....a metal fence

I'm really still not sure what happened. My cg was at 115mm, it should have been ok. I wonder if wing fences would help?
keithtsr is offline Find More Posts by keithtsr
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:44 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,238 Posts
It looked twitchy on elevator in your flat and level pass...

did you have to much elevator throw? any expo?
could be tail heavy...

Then as you said you were too slow and pulled to much elevator

It will turn that slow if the bank isn't so steep

sorry to see that.. hope you get back out there soon
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:50 PM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,262 Posts
115 cg is no problem, mix in some crow/ aileron reflex, it will help alot with tip stalls. No need for wing fences on the habu.
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:57 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,061 Posts
high angle of attack can create a stall aswell thats what it looked like to me but i could be wrong
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:18 AM
So Paulo - Brazil
Joined Nov 2008
154 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just bought my Habu 32. I have the parkzone habu but the E-flite Habu 32 looks really awesome. I hope he flys faster than the parkzone.

Can you guys tell me if Im doing the right thing ? I never used a separate bec and a lipo to power the servos and receiver, so I should ask.

My ESC will be an ICE Lite 100 and BEC just like the pic bellow.Also I would like to use a switch to turn ON and OFF the BEC.

A picture to you guys see if Im doing the right thing :

best regards
Denadai is offline Find More Posts by Denadai
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:24 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,291 Posts
You are fine, but you can always omit the Rx Lipo and use your 6S to power the Rx.
Takis
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:42 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Hello everyone,

That look very nose heavy. I can see you pull elevator and it drop back as soon you let goes.
Your mistake turning without enough air speed and been nose heavy. I can see as soon you bank. The nose already drop.
Next one check the C.G and set up your radio with 30-40% expo for less sensitive.
I fly all my jets with expo and adjusted until feel smooth.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:46 AM
Mile High EDF
Joined Jul 2011
940 Posts
I'm using a 1100mah life 2s to power the rec and servos, no bec .
Battery weighs 60grams , sits up in the nose of the plane. It's a fail safe, even if esc quits , I still have power to servos.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20646

Hope this helps someone.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,927 Posts
LSB, don't give up! This is how I lost my first Habu 32: half throttle, left bank from about 75 ft, bang in the dirt!! My high rates were on, and I tip stalled (accelerated). This will happen with a bird that has a high wing load like the Habu 32, and no wing twist.

Put in some relflex like previously posted (1.5 deg aileron up, 1.5 deg flap down), make sure you CG is within the range, and use lower rates during cruise. I set my rates to match the flap switch: High rates for full flaps (lower speed), Med rates for half flap, and low rates for no flap (cruise).

Now I have no issues with tip stall and over a dozen good flights.
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge