SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 03, 2014, 03:38 AM
Registered User
Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2009
409 Posts
The Cessna finally took to the air yesterday. Two flights in less than ideal conditions, very overcast and strong gusty winds. We did have a 1000m full size runway at our disposal that made it easier. I think I told you earlier how one of my flying mates gave it to my daughter for her first birthday. I look forward to teaching her to fly with the big Cessna in a few years time. I cant wait for next w/end so I can take it for a few more flights. It was too dark for any decent In air photos but here a some of the better ones.
Arkx400 is offline Find More Posts by Arkx400
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2014, 01:56 AM
Nasir Khan
Australia, NSW, Fairfield
Joined Feb 2009
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkx400 View Post
The Cessna finally took to the air yesterday. Two flights in less than ideal conditions, very overcast and strong gusty winds. We did have a 1000m full size runway at our disposal that made it easier. I think I told you earlier how one of my flying mates gave it to my daughter for her first birthday. I look forward to teaching her to fly with the big Cessna in a few years time. I cant wait for next w/end so I can take it for a few more flights. It was too dark for any decent In air photos but here a some of the better ones.
Nice one dude. Where abouts in Aus?

Nas
subhan.nasir is offline Find More Posts by subhan.nasir
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2014, 11:02 PM
Registered User
Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2009
409 Posts
Sydney
Arkx400 is offline Find More Posts by Arkx400
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2014, 05:31 AM
Nasir Khan
Australia, NSW, Fairfield
Joined Feb 2009
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkx400 View Post
Sydney
Where abouts in syd you fly?

Nas
subhan.nasir is offline Find More Posts by subhan.nasir
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2014, 10:07 PM
Registered User
Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2009
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subhan.nasir View Post
Where abouts in syd you fly?

Nas
Out near Penrith
Arkx400 is offline Find More Posts by Arkx400
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:41 PM
Nasir Khan
Australia, NSW, Fairfield
Joined Feb 2009
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkx400 View Post
Out near Penrith
Awesome. I lived in Penrith for a long time and did lots of flying there.. fly together sometime?

Nas
subhan.nasir is offline Find More Posts by subhan.nasir
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:02 AM
Registered User
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Hey everyone,

I haven't been active on the board in a while and haven't really done any flying either. I've had this plane for over a year and last thing I did was pull the firewall out completely. I'm drafting some parts in CAD for it, mainly a completely new firewall with motor box to accommodate a power 60. I'm also redesigning the battery tray and would like to incorporate the wing strut mounts into. The plans for this plane are to be a float plane but also a glider tow which is why I'm sticking a power 60 in there and also because I've got one on hand, batteries are going to be 6s4000. If there's interest in seeing the progress speak up and I'll post pics, I may also potentially be able to make a few kits (internal wood frame) to sell but I'll post the files for free so if anyone wants to cut their own they can. Once I'm done drawing up the motor box for my power 60 I could draw up a few for some other motors, I would just need the measurments for that particular model.

Cheers,

MiniMog
Minimog is offline Find More Posts by Minimog
Last edited by Minimog; Mar 17, 2014 at 09:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 04:16 PM
Vanadu
Heavy Chevy's Avatar
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Sounds great!

Maybe start its own thread and post us the link?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimog View Post
Hey everyone,

I haven't been active on the board in a while and haven't really done any flying either. I've had this plane for over a year and last thing I did was pull the firewall out completely. I'm drafting some parts in CAD for it, mainly a completely new firewall with motor box to accommodate a power 60. I'm also redesigning the battery tray and would like to incorporate the wing strut mounts into. The plans for this plane are to be a float plane but also a glider tow which is why I'm sticking a power 60 in there and also because I've got one on hand, batteries are going to be 6s4000. If there's interest in seeing the progress speak up and I'll post pics, I may also potentially be able to make a few kits (internal wood frame) to sell but I'll post the files for free so if anyone wants to cut their own they can. Once I'm done drawing up the motor box for my power 60 I could draw up a few for some other motors, I would just need the measurments for that particular model.

Cheers,

MiniMog
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 02:51 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2006
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy View Post
Sounds great!

Maybe start its own thread and post us the link?
A very good idea!
delperena is online now Find More Posts by delperena
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 06:01 AM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,767 Posts
It appears this model has disappeared from everyone's site including the manufacturer. Glad I got one before that happened.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 06:13 AM
No bounce, No play.
davidmc36's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
It appears this model has disappeared from everyone's site including the manufacturer. Glad I got one before that happened.
Same way I feel about the H9 Twin Otter!
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 07:08 AM
Registered User
Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2009
409 Posts
That is a shame, this is a really good plane.
Arkx400 is offline Find More Posts by Arkx400
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2014, 11:22 PM
dbc
Registered User
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,738 Posts
I'm still seeing this model on the manufacturer's site:

http://www.tiansheng-model.com/product_view.asp?id=169
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2014, 09:43 PM
Registered User
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimog View Post
Hey everyone,

I haven't been active on the board in a while and haven't really done any flying either. I've had this plane for over a year and last thing I did was pull the firewall out completely. I'm drafting some parts in CAD for it, mainly a completely new firewall with motor box to accommodate a power 60. I'm also redesigning the battery tray and would like to incorporate the wing strut mounts into. The plans for this plane are to be a float plane but also a glider tow which is why I'm sticking a power 60 in there and also because I've got one on hand, batteries are going to be 6s4000. If there's interest in seeing the progress speak up and I'll post pics, I may also potentially be able to make a few kits (internal wood frame) to sell but I'll post the files for free so if anyone wants to cut their own they can. Once I'm done drawing up the motor box for my power 60 I could draw up a few for some other motors, I would just need the measurments for that particular model.

Cheers,

MiniMog
I'm still planning on doing this but I've got a project to finish before I start on this. I'll post a link to the thread once I get started.
Minimog is offline Find More Posts by Minimog
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2014, 04:46 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimog View Post
I'm still planning on doing this but I've got a project to finish before I start on this. I'll post a link to the thread once I get started.
If you are good at cad, you might want to consider 3d printing parts.
On the last 2 planes I built, I needed to fabricate different items and did them on a 3D printer instead of ply or balsa. The results are a lighter, stronger part than ply and you can do so much more.
I did aileron and flap servo mounts that I glue into the wing and then bolt in the servo. I did the holes and nut recesses in the CAD drawing so the nuts are captive in the printed part. This is really not necessary as the ABS printed part holds a screw better than plywood.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Cessna 182 (980 mm, EPO) Art-Tech karosi Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 3 Apr 27, 2010 02:38 PM
Discussion Bae Hawk Red Arrow,Flying Illusion by Tian Sheng 990mm hypstar Foamy EDFs 1 Feb 14, 2010 08:49 PM
Discussion 5ch EPO Cessna 182 with flaps RxR, incredible price BaracW Hot Online Deals 8 Feb 23, 2009 10:29 PM
Discussion Hobbycity's New Cessna 182 RTF 5Ch with Lighting & Flaps EPO anthodenn Parkflyers 1 Oct 22, 2008 02:09 PM