SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:24 PM
KJ6RCJ
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Thank you guys! So much fun flying in that kind of wind, lol.
gent96 is offline Find More Posts by gent96
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:26 PM
Joined Jun 2010
531 Posts
Video of that little rocket ship Fox glider with the microjet v3 on it...oh ya...you guys actually managed to follow it a little with the camera, thanks!

XXX - MicroJet v3 powered Fox glider, 80+ mph RC airplane (4 min 5 sec)
squishy654 is offline Find More Posts by squishy654
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:19 PM
Joined Sep 2011
9 Posts
Hello, New to the site and located in orangevale.

I currently fly micros for the most part, ease of quick and dirty flyin for me. I have um p-51, um polecat, and a umx sbach 342.

Im really itching for a bigger plane like the t-28 of parkzone and even an extra 300 from parkzone..

Anywho. I'm currently located in the orangevale area, and fly mostly at the community center located off hazel ave and greenback. Great place to fly, there are two baseball diamonds, grass cut field, and soccer posts.. I have not personally seen people there at all. The diamonds dirt is too soft for my planes, but I imagine a plane like the t-28 having the right wheels for that spot.

I have flown at several parks in Folsom, Coventry park for the most. Great big field, and a nice spot for the kids to play (play ground). Folsom seems to be pretty busy at the nice big parks or the sportsfields. I must have bad timing lol.

Hope to meet and fly with some soon... Who will be going out to the airfield Saturday??
Nize is offline Find More Posts by Nize
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:40 PM
New Beeeeee
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
1,079 Posts
Hello and welcome Nize!

If u look at the video above by squishy654 that is where some of us fly. Tons of room and no ppl around all day long. It's in Elk Grove right off hwy99.

I got the UM Beast and love it! The wind beats it up though.

Are u gonna make a plane or buy one? Save some cash and make extra 300 Free PDF plan online. (samples) Parts are super cheap and all you got to do is ask for help.

Ruben
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Old Sep 13, 2011, 08:15 AM
Joined Sep 2011
9 Posts
Yea that's a huge spot where he was flying. Its definitely a drive from where I'm located, but weekends would be do able to check it out.

I'd like to have one of those also, what is that cAlled how it's just thin foam? How much wind can that handle?

I really like the details of parkzone planes, so I'll end up picking up the extra 300 or t-28. What would be a dream is a big sbach, I'd love that
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:18 AM
New Beeeeee
Joined Apr 2011
1,079 Posts
Oh yeah, parkzone planes are clean!

The pink foam is at home depot on sunrise and Folsom blvd is the main cross road. Blue foam board is at the greenback Lowe's. Both are the same and seem stronger then alot of materials, light weight too.

If u got time come on down and there is plenty of room for you!
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:58 AM
I wanna fly like this
Joined Jan 2011
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nize View Post
Yea that's a huge spot where he was flying. Its definitely a drive from where I'm located, but weekends would be do able to check it out.

I'd like to have one of those also, what is that cAlled how it's just thin foam? How much wind can that handle?

I really like the details of parkzone planes, so I'll end up picking up the extra 300 or t-28. What would be a dream is a big sbach, I'd love that
Big sbach? Check this out.
http://www.pilot-rc.com/ProductShow.aspx?id=84
HighLife is offline Find More Posts by HighLife
Old Sep 13, 2011, 02:17 PM
Joined Sep 2011
9 Posts
Wow.. That is beautiful, I could just imagine what that would be like to have. Thanks for posting that, it's now a screen shot

Is there anyone locally who can cut the foam, with some precision, Cnc or something? I'd really like to make one of those extrA300.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 02:19 PM
Joined Jun 2010
531 Posts
So who's bringing the beer?

We should try some foamie combat some day as well...
squishy654 is offline Find More Posts by squishy654
Old Sep 16, 2011, 01:32 AM
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfsac View Post
MR OOSTUOO,

Nice video, you should sell T-shirts. Hey, are those electric planes.
hey thanks. I thought of that too. We have so many people that come and check us out at night, it would work. Yes, these are electric. We have couple of guy that will fly nitro here, but only in the day (chickens..lol) jk.
MrOOSTUOO is offline Find More Posts by MrOOSTUOO
Old Sep 16, 2011, 01:36 AM
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Scheffler View Post
Im new to flying and also in the rio linda/elverta area locally been flying the 2x4 in parks and fields looking forward to meeting up with some of you! good to know there are others out here ..
You are the closest to us. How big is your park. Could I fly a great planes rifle there (in your opinion)? That thing needs space, and no people around ( like soccer practice people)
Old Sep 16, 2011, 03:03 PM
I wanna fly like this
Joined Jan 2011
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Scheffler View Post
Im new to flying and also in the rio linda/elverta area locally been flying the 2x4 in parks and fields looking forward to meeting up with some of you! good to know there are others out here ..
Just wondering if your 2x4 is a Martin. Got any pics?
HighLife is offline Find More Posts by HighLife
Old Sep 16, 2011, 03:57 PM
Joined Jan 2010
3,035 Posts
Just to let you all know the AMOS flying field is having the annual electric fly in and swap meet tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 17, 2011). You need $10 and an AMA or Park Pilot membership card to fly, spectating is free. Swap space is free. Night fly is free, but you do need the card.

Field is located just north of West Roseville on the corner of Fiddyment Rd and E. Cattlett Rd.

Everyone except MrOOSTUOO is invited!

(Just kidding, Dan's the MAN!!)
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Sep 16, 2011, 04:35 PM
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessswind View Post
Just to let you all know the AMOS flying field is having the annual electric fly in and swap meet tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 17, 2011). You need $10 and an AMA or Park Pilot membership card to fly, spectating is free. Swap space is free. Night fly is free, but you do need the card.

Field is located just north of West Roseville on the corner of Fiddyment Rd and E. Cattlett Rd.

Everyone except MrOOSTUOO is invited!

(Just kidding, Dan's the MAN!!)

HA HA. hey make sure you bring that mini hornet, I'll make sure to include that mini F-22 with the planes and jets I'm bringing. What time are you going to be out there?

Old Sep 16, 2011, 05:28 PM
Joined Sep 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBNorris View Post
Hello and welcome Nize!

If u look at the video above by squishy654 that is where some of us fly. Tons of room and no ppl around all day long. It's in Elk Grove right off hwy99.

I got the UM Beast and love it! The wind beats it up though.

Are u gonna make a plane or buy one? Save some cash and make extra 300 Free PDF plan online. (samples) Parts are super cheap and all you got to do is ask for help.

Ruben
Ok I need help lol, PM me please.

Id like to make one.. Thanks!