HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:45 AM
Joined Mar 2013
7 Posts
Discussion
wasp x3v

Hi, I have recently bought a wasp x3v. I have it set up according to the manuals instructions, it hovers well but when I pirouette left, the tail drops and it starts to loose control, if I pirouette right the nose dives??? It doesnt pirouette flat. It was very tail heavy and I have added about 45g to the nose to balance out but it still does the same thing, is there something I am missing? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated
waspyelsew is offline Find More Posts by waspyelsew
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2013, 01:09 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Wasp X3v

Quote:
Originally Posted by waspyelsew View Post
Hi, I have recently bought a wasp x3v. I have it set up according to the manuals instructions, it hovers well but when I pirouette left, the tail drops and it starts to loose control, if I pirouette right the nose dives??? It doesnt pirouette flat. It was very tail heavy and I have added about 45g to the nose to balance out but it still does the same thing, is there something I am missing? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated
Did you make any adjustments, changes or modifications to any of the connector lengths, Transmitter settings or other changes? The helicopter comes perfectly setup from the factory; should pirouette flat if all of the settings are as there were set at the factory REGARDLESS of what the manual says as there are many errors in the measurement and suggested setups. - thus no changes should be made to the helicopter from it's shipped configuration

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 06, 2013, 08:40 AM
Joined Mar 2013
7 Posts
pirouette problems

Oh... Oops, in an effort to track the blades I had adjusted push rods A and B as per instructions, should I not have? I don't know how much adjustment I made on either rod, is there a way to set them back to the factory settings, a correct length for each rod? I thought it may have been something abit more sinister, but if thats all it is, hopefully I can get it remedied soon,
Old Mar 07, 2013, 12:58 AM
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Oh... Oops, in an effort to track the blades I had adjusted push rods A and B as per instructions, should I not have? I don't know how much adjustment I made on either rod, is there a way to set them back to the factory settings, a correct length for each rod? I thought it may have been something abit more sinister, but if thats all it is, hopefully I can get it remedied soon,
connector rod starting lengths discussed in our X3V review posting elsewhere. the helicopter was test flown at the factory and no adjustments should have been necessary

Here is a link to that Post

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 07, 2013, 08:44 AM
Joined Mar 2013
7 Posts
Hi
Thats great, I will adjust all rods to those lengths and try it out, i'll let you know how it works out, thanks again Max, appreciate the help
Old Mar 07, 2013, 04:51 PM
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
update to measurements

Quote:
Hi
Thats great, I will adjust all rods to those lengths and try it out, i'll let you know how it works out, thanks again Max, appreciate the help
Checking some latest versions with the black frame and the NASA701 Transmitter. I am seeing the measurement for "D" at about 30-31 mm and the measurement for "E" at about 35-37 mm - hope that helps.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 08, 2013, 08:18 AM
Joined Mar 2013
7 Posts
Oh ok, I do have the black framed version so i'll try those length. I have another query, I did notice the the rx was not sitting flat on the heli frame, the top was away from the heli frame while the bottom edge was tight against it (if that makes sense???) I have since secured it tightly against the frame but could that have an adverse effect on how the heli may piro? Just a thought
Old Jan 09, 2014, 09:34 AM
Ireland, Dublin, Dublin City
Joined May 2013
74 Posts
x3v

Quote:
i have 2 of these helis and both of out the box will not piro flat one of them is worse than the other if i turn the nose to the right i will dive forward and if i turn the nose to the left it dives backwards i was asking a couple of guys at the flying field and they put it down to a bad fbl unit i have made no adjustments to any of the links
robert trebor is offline Find More Posts by robert trebor