HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:34 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,545 Posts
Over 130 flights with original tail gears. Simple solution to not trashing them is just do not crash. I do not understand wht so many think the 130 X is good for crashing. If you want crash and fly get a mCPX not a 130X.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:49 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,187 Posts
I've been using the Lectron 450mAh 45C that can charge at 8C and I get 5 min. flights with mild 3D landing with 3.8V/Cell.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:55 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,720 Posts
The nanos are good so Far and cheap the glacier from epbuddy are good also
I got a 6 minute flight on a Glacier not trying to forgot to land when timer went off LOL.

I really think some do plan to crash, I myself have only "crashed" 130X when tail blew out.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Last edited by epoweredrc; Sep 27, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:01 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
Good to hear.

I don't plan on crashing the 130x. But then again, I don't think anyone plans on crashing
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:29 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,187 Posts
I try my new stunts with the brushless mcpx knowing that I'll probably crash, hoping I won't. LOL But it's much easier to repair IF something breaks. I LOVE the way my 130X fly's. I crashed it once tail first (of course). Nobody locally has the tail hub, so I spent a long time straightening my bent one. Finally got it right and with new gears and tail blade grips, it's better than ever. TOTALLY ROCK SOLID> YAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:04 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,961 Posts
I had something happen that I'm sure no one else has had. The tail started drifting and then CENTER then drift then CENTER. It was flyable... just a little weird. Turns out two screws had fallen out of the tail servo... two of the four that hold the plastic housing onto the circuit board. The screw holes had stripped. They wouldn't take new screws. How weird is that? So I just CA'd the housing in place. I figure if the glue job becomes an issue, then is when I'll buy a new servo.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:40 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssobol View Post
Don't know what radio you have, but there are various ways to get a back lit display on Spektrum radios that don't have them. There are turn key solutions as well as DIY. In one case the cost is ~10 bucks.
I thought about that but I don't want to void the warranty, hh is awesome about warranty work even after the product is out of warranty but I doubt they would warranty anything if I had a back light installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Nobody wants the stock batteries. Once you get past the batteries there's absolutely no use for the stock chargers. They tell you nothing about voltage, balance numbers and most importantly nothing about how many mAh goes back into the battery. Oh... and they're slow!
The stock batteries aren't bad at all, mine pull pretty hard through the whole flight.

I only really do sport flying with some loops, flips and rolls, I hover inverted a little but no real hard 3d.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:52 AM
Joined Dec 2010
6,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post

The stock batteries aren't bad at all, mine pull pretty hard through the whole flight.

I agree they're not bad. The one stock battery it came with is all I have right now and it flies very well on it. But I have some $12 Turnigy 45-90C's on order and I expect more powah! While E-flight batteries have become more serviceable lately almost anything else out-performs them at 1/2 to 1/3 the cost.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:02 AM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Mar 2011
172 Posts
Loctite for Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
I destroyed a bunch of stock parts by putting loctitie on the screws. it made the plastic crumble apart.
It's spendy but worth it! I've been usin it on rc cars for years.

http://www.henkelna.com/us/content_d...king_Guide.pdf

http://www.shoplet.com/Loctite-425-A...S44242540/spdv
NorCal is offline Find More Posts by NorCal
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:22 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
I agree they're not bad. The one stock battery it came with is all I have right now and it flies very well on it. But I have some $12 Turnigy 45-90C's on order and I expect more powah! While E-flight batteries have become more serviceable lately almost anything else out-performs them at 1/2 to 1/3 the cost.
I hear the hyperions are supposed to be awesome.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:02 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,545 Posts
Overall E Flite LiPolys suck. The 130 X ones are not 300 mAh closer to 360 but noy 25C either.

Best inexpenive LiPoly 2S 370 Nanotech. Less tha $5 ea. if 6X purchaeged .

Yes you need to change the connector.

Glacier 450 are now avai;. with UMX connector for $4.50. Great for sports flying a light 3D as they are heavier.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...91&postcount=7
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
Good old CA works great as a "Loctite" for plastic.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:24 AM
Joined Dec 2010
6,961 Posts
Quote:
Oops, wrong thread. I thought I was in the 300x thread. But same point holds. I got the GensAce for this one.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:12 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
The nanos are good so Far and cheap the glacier from epbuddy are good also
I got a 6 minute flight on a Glacier not trying to forgot to land when timer went off LOL.

I really think some do plan to crash, I myself have only "crashed" 130X when tail blew out.
I see the Glacier's are 450mah. Does the heli fly differently with these batts?
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:13 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssobol View Post
Don't know what radio you have, but there are various ways to get a back lit display on Spektrum radios that don't have them. There are turn key solutions as well as DIY. In one case the cost is ~10 bucks.
Also, I've had a radio with a backlight for a couple years now, and its not actually very useful except for running the battery down. I mean, how much radio programming do you do in the dark?
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501