Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:44 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxman500 View Post
How is the wing actually attached? is it only the nylon bolt? How far back on the wing should that be mounted?
It may differ between models, but the two I have built, EA and EAII, the center of the leading edge of the wing, has a piece of ply that goes under the top of the fuse in front.

Not all the way back to the trailing edge, you will see a piece of ply where a nylon bolt that goes through the wing and into a ply box that contains a blind nut.

If you look at the 5th picture in the first post, you can see this box I am talking about. The 6th picture you can see towards the back of the wing where the nylon bolt would pass through a piece of ply.

If you are looking for a measurement, I will try and remember to do that tomorrow or maybe others will chime in, but it will help if you say which plan you are using.
helicow is online now Find More Posts by helicow
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:23 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,387 Posts
Anyone going to SEFF this year - I am considering it - be my first time.

May only be 1 or 2 days.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1834562
Old Mar 02, 2013, 07:21 AM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,383 Posts
Not the SEFF. I hoping to make e-week at the Triple Tree. http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/eweek-fly-in.php
kid at 55 is online now Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:25 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,387 Posts
I will have to add that to my list.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:26 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,237 Posts
I'm hoping to make SEFF this year. I missed last year for the first time in many years.

I hope they will still have eweek. Attendance was way down last year and talk of cancelling the event. The Frosty Dog had a larger turn out, with a good size crowd, just cooler weather.
DaDesign is online now Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:20 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,387 Posts
The plans are to get there for the 27/28 just because of other commitments.

Not sure I will fly - may not have any planes with me this time. Dalton. you normally bring something to fly?
Old Mar 05, 2013, 06:03 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
The plans are to get there for the 27/28 just because of other commitments.

Not sure I will fly - may not have any planes with me this time. Dalton. you normally bring something to fly?
Hey Bob,
Sorry for the slow reply. We rented a cabin in the mountains and it was so far out of civilization we had no cell phone signals, computers, TV's. Only a huge wood burning fireplace and lots of firewood.

No, I never take anything to fly. I did one year but found I needed that space to bring back stuff I buy at a bargain. We always go down on Wednesday and come back on Saturday morning. My traveling SEFF companion likes to get back in time to rest before work on Monday. What time will you get there on the 27th?

BTW The guy we rented the cabin from is an airplane nut. I took the Ellipsocub and flew it over a lake for them. I think I made a new friend.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 06:25 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,237 Posts
Here is a picture or two of the cabin with the fishing lake and believe it or not but nowhere else to shop but Dalton's General Grocery.

Sorry, but I had to photograph that!
Old Mar 05, 2013, 06:53 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,387 Posts
Interesting name on that place - I am sure it had nothing to do where you stayed :-).

I may bring one plane. I am not sure what time I will be there, plans are changing all the time. When I get it nailed down, will let you know.
The cabin idea sounds great.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:57 AM
Rouen - Normandie France
Joined May 2008
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefish11 View Post
Your Bipe looks really nice, did you do a kerf cut on the inside of the foam to get your fuse bend?
I had some problems getting the right prop for that Jumbo plane. The motor is suppose to be a 1700kv and I did try the reccomended size for the motor but it just didnt have enough thrust to fly the plane. The motor is a
EMP Outrunner BL Motor N3530/07 1700KV
EMP N Series Motor and calls for a 7*6 or 8*4 with a 3 cell.
I ended up with a 10*6 prop and my batt was bad thats why I had very short flights. I used my 1600 batt. with a 30amp esc and get 6 min flights. Which is Great!! But
I'm still confused about the motor it's really big but a high kv. Should I use a higher amp esc for more kv And then use the 7*6 or 8*4?
There's no plans of this so nice looking EA?

Pierre
FlyAirport is offline Find More Posts by FlyAirport
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:11 AM
Rouen - Normandie France
Joined May 2008
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefish11 View Post
Your Bipe looks really nice, did you do a kerf cut on the inside of the foam to get your fuse bend?
I had some problems getting the right prop for that Jumbo plane. The motor is suppose to be a 1700kv and I did try the reccomended size for the motor but it just didnt have enough thrust to fly the plane. The motor is a
EMP Outrunner BL Motor N3530/07 1700KV
EMP N Series Motor and calls for a 7*6 or 8*4 with a 3 cell.
I ended up with a 10*6 prop and my batt was bad thats why I had very short flights. I used my 1600 batt. with a 30amp esc and get 6 min flights. Which is Great!! But
I'm still confused about the motor it's really big but a high kv. Should I use a higher amp esc for more kv And then use the 7*6 or 8*4?
No more plans about this Chubby EA (posts 3751/3752)?
hey Davinci, you have told you should make them

Best regards
pierre
FlyAirport is offline Find More Posts by FlyAirport
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:43 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,237 Posts
Quote:
Interesting name on that place - I am sure it had nothing to do where you stayed :-).

I may bring one plane. I am not sure what time I will be there, plans are changing all the time. When I get it nailed down, will let you know.
The cabin idea sounds great.
We'll change our plans to going down on Thursday and staying until Sunday morning the 28th. It will be great to meet you and see you fly!!!
We stay at the local hotels in Americus. You may want to call ahead and reserve a room, they get gone fairly quick. Unless you're bring something to camp in.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:51 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyAirport View Post
No more plans about this Chubby EA (posts 3751/3752)?
hey Davinci, you have told you should make them

Best regards
pierre
Hi pierre,
The plans are on post #2 at the bottom of the list. If you need them converted to A4 paper printout let me know and I will try to convert them, however it may take a while, I'm really busy at the time.
Thanks for your positive comments.
Dalton
Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:03 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
We'll change our plans to going down on Thursday and staying until Sunday morning the 28th. It will be great to meet you and see you fly!!!
We stay at the local hotels in Americus. You may want to call ahead and reserve a room, they get gone fairly quick. Unless you're bring something to camp in.
Good to know - will see about making reservations - otherwise will need to sleep in truck.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:09 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,237 Posts
Quote:
I was telling a friend about this and how far quadcopters have come along in development. This was amazing and when I was at the Frosty Dog the guy turned off his radio in flight and when the quad lost signal it used the GPS to fly (on it's own) back to the take off spot and softly landed. With all the gyro's, GPS and such that these things have and how simple they have become to fly, how long will it take to have a full size that we can fly right out of our yards? This may very well be the future of private pilot flying. No airport or runways needed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=L75ESD9PBOw#

It would need one of these in full size for sure.
http://www.marsparachutes.com/
Last edited by DaDesign; Mar 06, 2013 at 06:57 PM.