HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2014, 04:12 AM
Singapore
Joined Jan 2014
82 Posts
Discussion
Does anyone know RC Yacht Bright Sun tom Reely?

Hello everyone,

I recently came across this scale yacht, Bright Sun from Reely.

Here's a link to German side: click

Does anyone know this and/ or has experience with this boat - so far I couldn't find anything on the internet.

Very curious about it and whether it is worth the price.

Thanks a lot,

Dirk
derdirk is offline Find More Posts by derdirk
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2014, 10:22 AM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,624 Posts
Don't know it but to me it has the looks of a toy. Flexible shaft, two bladed plastic prop, no detail other than tugboat type mast lights. $523 US, whoa. IMHO.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Sep 03, 2014, 11:32 AM
Singapore
Joined Jan 2014
82 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

In the description is written it comes with a brushless 3660 motor, rated at 2726kv which looks like the one they sell on HK - plus a 60A brushless ESC which seems to be the Turnigy/Seaking Marine 60 based on the description.
Prop is a 45mm alu-cnc prop and yes, with a flex shaft - isn't a flex shaft better?

Hull is GFK - so it sounds quite solid.

Not sure but Dragon Hobby has a similar gas/nitro version of it (same design), but bigger - so they might be the one producing it at the end.

Maybe someone knows a bit more or has experience with it?
derdirk is offline Find More Posts by derdirk