HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:36 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,713 Posts
Hi A,
Except for the flight controller board(FCB), they are identical.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
The V2 uses the same motors as the v1 right? Is the v2 just as fast? I saw a video of one of you guys flying a v1 and that little thing is fast! I think I am finally going to take the plunge and buy the v2.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joined Mar 2006
781 Posts
i bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/200818860016

They work great. I wanted something with a bit higher mah.
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:03 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,713 Posts
M,
Way too pricey for me at $11ea for 1s 350mh 25c lipos...
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
i bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/200818860016

They work great. I wanted something with a bit higher mah.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:44 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,332 Posts
I picked up the 300mah 5 pack for $11 from banggood and they work great!
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:09 PM
Joined Mar 2006
781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
M,
Way too pricey for me at $11ea for 1s 350mh 25c lipos...
Cheers,
Jim
i agree if i wasn't wanting something faster than overseas at that time.
Before i bought these i was looking at BG, HK, and 2 other sources that all where overseas. Prices were obviously better but by the time i paid faster shipping they where more and i didn't want to be stuck using the stock lipo for 2 weeks. It took 2 days for these and i was happy as a lark.. still am LOL.. I'm used to spending $90 on lipos for my Losi...

Now that i know Tmart has the U816 lipos for $3.69 and ships from the US, i may grab a couple more LOL
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:14 PM
Australia, NSW, Lake Macquarie
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
Initially I had two reasons to buy the V2:
1) learn to fly a quad;
2) get into arduino based quads (building and programming).
For both of these reasons (as I found out by reading the forums AFTER I purchased it) the V2 was the wrong choice... however, by searching the RC Groups forums I have been enthused, fascinated at the other activities possible with quads and generally sucked right in into the whole culture.
My first flight lasted all of 7-8 seconds when the thing took off in my kitchen, hit the ceiling when the ground effect (that I had no clue about) let go... I then overcorrected left and down and drilled the fridge with the V2 damaging my first CW motor and two propellors. It was at this stage that I started looking for and reading the forums...
G Man V2 is offline Find More Posts by G Man V2
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:26 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man V2 View Post
1) learn to fly a quad;
For both of these reasons (as I found out by reading the forums AFTER I purchased it) the V2 was the wrong choice... however, by searching the RC Groups forums I have been enthused, fascinated at the other activities possible with quads and generally sucked right in into the whole culture.
My first flight lasted all of 7-8 seconds when the thing took off in my kitchen, hit the ceiling when the ground effect (that I had no clue about) let go... I then overcorrected left and down and drilled the fridge with the V2 damaging my first CW motor and two propellors. It was at this stage that I started looking for and reading the forums...
Yes, this forum is great for rockies, and for chairing quad thoughts.

Thanks folks for all useful information!
Stenkryparen is online now Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
I would be lost without this forum and its members!
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:04 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
As soon as the helimax lid is out I may get one.
I thought about this too muck but I don't think it will work...the LB measures
3-3/8" c/o motor to c/o motor and I've read the 1SQ measures 5.7" c/o motor to c/o motor. My guess is the canopy might fit but would impede the props. I do like the looks of it though.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Mar 2006
781 Posts
I'll try to stop to the LHS this week and see what the measurement is between the blades. They have 2 of the HM there.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:58 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
1) learn to fly a quad;

My first heli was the big Lama 400D (650mm!).
I couldn't use it indoors obviously so I waited for a nice calm sunny day (the wait can be one year here in Paris!) to fly her. I never touched an RC model before nor a simulator. I just trusted the "for beginners" mention on the box...
I was so excited...! After travelling an hour or so I arrived into a nice park, I opened the case, prepared the heli for her maiden flight, surrounded by a bunch of kids and mums impressed by this big flying thing. I was very proud to be "the" pilot of this beautiful aircraft.
Well, the Lama took off, yes... and after half a second drift left dangerously. I was so scared that I cut the throttle and this poor heli hit the grass inverted... breaking the main shaft and the four blades.
I put everything back into the case, avoiding to look at the mocking kids eyes and travelled back home during another hour.
Then... I decided to suscribe to RCG!
kosem is online now Find More Posts by kosem
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:49 AM
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
It is called 20/20 hindsight!!
But you're here and I'm here and probably how, unfortunately most of us got here!

Is there a simulator that can be used to learn to fly the FB? That can simulate the way the little quad flies?
I know I will need a better transmitter than the Devo 4 to use the simulator, but can I use a Devo 7E (not yet purchased) on it?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:38 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Thanks. I was actually looking at either a flame wheel or a hoten-x for after i learn to fly the 450sport, but when i saw how cheap the spare motors were, that's the only time i gave the ladybird a second look. Maybe it can be my trainer before moving up to a flame wheel. The batteries being compatible with the ones for the GeniusCP also puts it in a good light.
It's a great trainer. Fly over grass and when you're confused you can just drop it before it flies too far.

I was able to get my nose-in orientation on my ladybird.
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:25 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Is there a simulator that can be used to learn to fly the FB? That can simulate the way the little quad flies?
The FMS simulator has some models that a person can add (search for something like "quad-copter" or "multi-rotor copter", "FMS" on the web) that simulate fairly large quad copters.
Not quite like the small quads, but still helpful in trying out new moves.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:55 AM
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
Thanks flying-llama, just looked it up...
Is there a Mac operating system simulator? Sorry, I should have asked that question earlier.... I don't mind paying for it, but if it's ludicrous money I would rather spend it on spare parts for the V2.
So this is where I am at the moment and future timeline:
1) purchased V2;
2) started crashing learning to fly;
3) started a relationship with a parts supplier;
4) thinking DEVO 7E Tx purchase;
5) thinking simulator purchase;
6) thinking QR Ladybird-Z-07 Receiver (V1 board) as spare or make a second LB;
7) seriously think about building my own arduino based quad.
What do the olde timers think? Any suggestions before I go ahead and 'reinvent the wheel'?