HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2010, 05:54 PM
Howdie Doo Dat ?
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,960 Posts
Question
Eat 1/2 Pie In one Day Absorb Less Calories Than One Slice Three Days ?

I have been on a diet, and lost 20 lbs. So I've been eying these 1/2 pumpkin pies. I couldn't get a whole one, pumpkin pies are so good, I could eat a whole one in two days or less.

So now that I gave in to the 1/2 pumpkin pie, I face a decision. If I ate it in one day, two pieces, one day after another, or three pieces one day in succession, which way would I absorb less calories ?

Or would it be the same ?
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Old Dec 07, 2010, 05:58 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophop View Post
I have been on a diet, and lost 20 lbs. So I've been eying these 1/2 pumpkin pies. I couldn't get a whole one, pumpkin pies are so good, I could eat a whole one in two days or less.

So now that I gave in to the 1/2 pumpkin pie, I face a decision. If I ate it in one day, two pieces, one day after another, or three pieces one day in succession, which way would I absorb less calories ?

Or would it be the same ?
It would be the same. Either way you are taking in the total amount of calories. The real question is what are you doing to burn off those calories.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Dec 07, 2010, 06:08 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
I think you should make sure to cover every square inch of that pie with Piggly Wiggly extra thick & sweet whipped cream,
regardless of the time frame/portion allotment.

I know I will !!
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Dec 07, 2010, 06:14 PM
AustinTatious
Hurst, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,952 Posts
IT would take you two days to eat a whole one? I can eat a whole pumpkin pie AND the jug of cool whip to go with it in about 5 min... You need to man up wussie.... 2 days ... pshhht
AustinTatious is offline Find More Posts by AustinTatious
Old Dec 07, 2010, 06:16 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
Yum, Yum, eat em up

TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Dec 07, 2010, 06:22 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
The real question is what are you doing to burn off those calories.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEUXirLXFXQ
Usta Bee is online now Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Dec 07, 2010, 07:07 PM
Howdie Doo Dat ?
Joined Sep 2006
8,960 Posts
Well I gave in and ate just a bit over 1/2 of it. I discovered a way to stretch the pumpkin pie out farther by accident. I had one waffle in the toaster and was going to put some fried apples on it but forgot it and ate the fried apples right after the Monterrey Chicken.
Then I saw the waffle in the toaster and tried to cut the top half of the pie off and put it on the waffle. It sure fooled me, I didn't know the difference and had the waffle pumpkin pie stretcher and then the just over 1/4 pumpkin pie that had the top half of pumpkin filling skimmed off.
It was like eating the whole 1/2 pumpkin pie but now I can do that again tomorrow.

Still, I heard I could chunk it all down in one day and absorb fewer calories. I don't know if that was true. My stomach has shrunken and it will not hold 1/2 of what it would before the diet started.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 08:34 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Ride your bicycle to the store to get it and eat the whole pie.
Real Ira is online now Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Dec 07, 2010, 08:46 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
Good choice. Your body can only convert so much to energy or fat in a day. Half a pie eaten quick enough might do it.

Of course that stuff goes through and that's not good for you either.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Dec 07, 2010, 08:46 PM
Howdie Doo Dat ?
Joined Sep 2006
8,960 Posts
I really discovered the waffle trick by accident. I only meant to eat the fried apples and 1/4 of the pumpkin pie. I figured after two months of dieting I could have a little treat.

So the store is so close I can walk there in about 3 minutes. Some of those cashiers could burn it off in steam when I set the items far away so they have to reach for them.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:18 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,044 Posts
Better to eat it in separate sittings, instead of eating it in one sitting. Several smaller meals are much better than one big meal, if the total calorie intake is the same. What you heard was wrong.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:48 PM
Howdie Doo Dat ?
Joined Sep 2006
8,960 Posts
The whipped cream would have been great. I can't keep that or ice cream either. I have to go buy a single serving.

So, one way the whole pie in one day could definitely cause more calories is that gosh I gotta have one more of those pumpkin pies. The theory was all of it would not be absorbed and be passed in about 8 to 12 hours. But a constant supply would constantly feed the storage.

Heck of a gamble to take with billion dollar body. Should have gone by the cook book maneuver.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:57 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophop View Post
The whipped cream would have been great. I can't keep that or ice cream either. I have to go buy a single serving.

So, one way the whole pie in one day could definitely cause more calories is that gosh I gotta have one more of those pumpkin pies. The theory was all of it would not be absorbed and be passed in about 8 to 12 hours. But a constant supply would constantly feed the storage.

Heck of a gamble to take with billion dollar body. Should have gone by the cook book maneuver.
Backwards. Eat more than your body uses short-term, it stores it. Eat what your body uses short-term, less chance to store it.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:07 PM
Howdie Doo Dat ?
Joined Sep 2006
8,960 Posts
I guess all those convolutions of the colon stirs the mix enough to not let the middle of it pass unabsorbed. I wasn't thinking colon dynamics.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:16 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chophop View Post
i wasn't thinking colon dynamics.
:

Usta Bee is online now Find More Posts by Usta Bee