Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM
Find More Posts by kenh3497
Live long and fly high
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,774 Posts
Discussion
Home made gasket drawings

I've been dinking around when I take an engine apart. I decided to measure up the back plate and draw it up in DraftSight. So far I have 3 or 4 gaskets. Not always an exact copy but good enough to use. Gasket material in about a .007 thickness is not locally available but can be ordered. For the time being I'll stick to manila envelope material. You'll have to blow it up a bit to get a good look at the attached PDF.

Ken
kenh3497 is online now Find More Posts by kenh3497
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 10:35 AM
Find More Posts by dmrcflyr2
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Feb 2006
1,501 Posts
Not to diminish your efforts in any way, because that is fine work you did. However I have many older Enya engines that getting gaskets for can be painful if not impossible. So instead of replacing with a paper gasket I have been using Permatex Motoseal. http://www.permatex.com/products-2/p...er-grey-detail

It works great and is easily removed if you need to get into the engine again. I use a toothpick to apply and then reassemble. I have used it on my motorcycles too. Great stuff. it certainly is easier than trying precisely cut a small paper gasket.
dmrcflyr2 is online now Find More Posts by dmrcflyr2