New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:50 AM
Find More Posts by elan
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattflyer View Post
Yesterday it happened, the Blade 500 3D shut down mid air, believe it was caused by the capacitors had worked themselves loose form the speed controller from several of the crashes over the last year. Thought that the initial plug in pop sounded a little weaker than normal.

I've had the same thing happen to me on my Align 500's (Align speed controllers). One just can;t bounce them off th ground to many times without paying the price. At least the Blade speed controller has some extra retaining material around the capacitor, while Align allows theirs to stick out in the air.

Wasn't able to get it to set down pretty (without damage), need to replace the main blade holders, and the boom, will be able to splice the landing gear. First look at blades showed no damage, thankfully. Really like this heli, but love the Blade 600 (what a machine).
-Here's hoping you get the ship back in the air soon...
elan is online now Find More Posts by elan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2015, 09:43 AM
Find More Posts by brushless55
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
4,513 Posts
some of these had bad speed controls and the caps would blow
mine did this and luckily on the ground during spool up
it took out every electronic piece except the motor
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Jun 24, 2015, 09:51 AM
Find More Posts by BTerry
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Aug 2001
341 Posts
Is there any way to know which speed controls are affected? Is there a range of serial numbers?
BTerry is online now Find More Posts by BTerry
Old Jun 24, 2015, 05:17 PM
Find More Posts by wattflyer
Vero Beach, Florida
Joined Oct 2008
235 Posts
I purchased three of the Blade 500 3D while they were on sale, and two are still flying (the third has turned into a part's machine).

I'm my own worst enemy as I mount my speed controller's on the side frame instead of under the battery so I put mine more in harm's way than normal, but I've had to many Align Speed Controller's catch on fire in my earlier days of crash and burn. Now they burn and fall off the frame while I pick up the remains of the heli. I haven't had a problem with any of the Blade 500 Speed Controller's that I didn't cause myself.
wattflyer is offline Find More Posts by wattflyer
Old Jun 24, 2015, 09:46 PM
Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
1,450 Posts
Here is your chance to pick up another off the classifieds 500 3D

Actually a pretty good deal when taking into account the 5 batteries and spare parts that come with it.
HeliFlyer14 is online now Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14