HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2007, 08:44 PM
Fairfield, CA
Joined Apr 2002
1,513 Posts
Discussion
Day Three...Its over till next year :-(

Well,

Day three is in the books now. MWE is a great event. A special thanks to everyone including the volunteers and the sponsors. I got some shot of some of the volunteers and the food consession a bit. Chow was great!!!

So, F-15 flew alot and did well. I skipped photos of that this go arround. The combat event was great. Its variation of the Combat Ballon pop we do up in Lagoon valley (www.lagoonrc.org), but this one had steel stakes stuck in the ground to really chew up the planes. The slow foamies hovered in the wind to pop the balloons the the larger preditors (ah-hum, Richard, Alex "the Shark", and Kody from Mega Motors) were focused on eating the small foamies... to steal their points!!! Way cool!!!

Lots of demo, great vendors products, and demos too. Sunday had lighter attendance than Saturday. Too bad becuase there was more carniage to enjoy. The worst deal was a Citabria (giant scale) that augured in and spread itself over half an acre. Wow. Chunkage everywhere. So...I was one of 4 pilot that lost planes flying in 72mhz. We were getting "hit" a lot. Now granted ...I was flying an Hi-tec Electron 6, and not my preferred Berg 7, but it was clear MWE is not friendly towards 72.mhz. So ALL my planes will be 2.4 gig for new year...atleast the ones I bring to MWE. My 2.4 gig ships have ZERO issues. Very nice!!!

Well chock another MWE into the books!!! It was great!!!!

http://www.richardcarlton.com/web/in...llery=RC000240
Captain Carlton is offline Find More Posts by Captain Carlton
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2007, 11:11 PM
Jordan "Woody" King
Joined Jan 2006
526 Posts
Awesomeeeee!
king160woody is offline Find More Posts by king160woody
Old May 20, 2007, 11:17 PM
AMA 6418
New Stanton, Pa.
Joined Jan 2004
2,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Carlton
Well,

Day three is in the books now. MWE is a great event. A special thanks to everyone including the volunteers and the sponsors. I got some shot of some of the volunteers and the food consession a bit. Chow was great!!!

So, F-15 flew alot and did well. I skipped photos of that this go arround. The combat event was great. Its variation of the Combat Ballon pop we do up in Lagoon valley (www.lagoonrc.org), but this one had steel stakes stuck in the ground to really chew up the planes. The slow foamies hovered in the wind to pop the balloons the the larger preditors (ah-hum, Richard, Alex "the Shark", and Kody from Mega Motors) were focused on eating the small foamies... to steal their points!!! Way cool!!!

Lots of demo, great vendors products, and demos too. Sunday had lighter attendance than Saturday. Too bad becuase there was more carniage to enjoy. The worst deal was a Citabria (giant scale) that augured in and spread itself over half an acre. Wow. Chunkage everywhere. So...I was one of 4 pilot that lost planes flying in 72mhz. We were getting "hit" a lot. Now granted ...I was flying an Hi-tec Electron 6, and not my preferred Berg 7, but it was clear MWE is not friendly towards 72.mhz. So ALL my planes will be 2.4 gig for new year...atleast the ones I bring to MWE. My 2.4 gig ships have ZERO issues. Very nice!!!

Well chock another MWE into the books!!! It was great!!!!

http://www.richardcarlton.com/web/in...llery=RC000240

How many reg. pilots did you have?

...Keith...
Keith Wilson is offline Find More Posts by Keith Wilson
Old May 21, 2007, 01:40 AM
San Diego, CA USA
Joined Nov 2003
223 Posts
Great pictures.
Thanks.
pbrantuas is offline Find More Posts by pbrantuas
Old May 21, 2007, 02:01 PM
Hello again.
Corona, California
Joined Aug 2006
538 Posts
362 days left......
f-22 maniac is offline Find More Posts by f-22 maniac
Old May 21, 2007, 06:10 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2005
340 Posts
hmm they should have a summer funfly. it would be the best weather.
prodigy is offline Find More Posts by prodigy
Old May 21, 2007, 08:07 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,364 Posts
Did anyone shoot any onboard video clips from the event.
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old May 21, 2007, 09:49 PM
San Diego, CA, USA
Joined Nov 2001
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy
hmm they should have a summer funfly. it would be the best weather.
The city won't allow us a permit between Memorial Day and Labor Day because Mission Bay Park is too crowded then. Anyone with an AMA card is welcome to come visit and fly with us during the summer.

Chuck
rcelectfly is offline Find More Posts by rcelectfly
Old May 22, 2007, 12:01 AM
Fairfield, CA
Joined Apr 2002
1,513 Posts
Keith,

I am not sure about how many pilots actually show'd up. I am guess 60 pilots...and probably andther 500 people who roamed and looked at stuff.

- Richard
Captain Carlton is offline Find More Posts by Captain Carlton
Old May 22, 2007, 12:07 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined Oct 2001
472 Posts
Thanks to all from DWFoamies

DWFoamies wants to thank everybody that stopped by our booth, especially all of you that purchased one of the best flying foamies on the market. The MWE Spring Fling was the debut of our product line; it was a very successful event for us. The response on our Extra 3D was overwhelming, you cleaned out our stock.
We have a few more products to bring to market, namely the Yak and Edge 540. These airframes will be going through testing over the next couple weeks and should be available mid June 2007. Our Exemplar, a F3A pattern ship, proved to be very popular; we took 6 pre-orders, promising to be shipped by May 28th. We will have plenty in stock at that time.

Mike
www.DWFoamies.com
electric-2000 is offline Find More Posts by electric-2000
Site Sponsor
Old May 22, 2007, 12:19 AM
San Diego, CA, USA
Joined Nov 2001
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Wilson
How many reg. pilots did you have?

...Keith...
There were 95 registered pilots.

Chuck
rcelectfly is offline Find More Posts by rcelectfly
Old May 22, 2007, 12:57 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1,759 Posts
A few words from Innov8tive Designs

Greetings Everyone!

I just finished unpacking and putting everything away from the MWE Festival, man what a great weekend! This was our first time at the event, and I must say that I was very impressed! This was a top-notch fly-in that was run very smoothly. There was a good variety of flying, and a lot of nice planes that flew all day long on all 3 days.

I want to thank Pedro and the whole crew for the awesome job that you did hosting the event. Mark Wood did a great job providing security and passing out prizes during the raffle. The Carne Asada cookout on Saturday night was AWESOME! Thanks for the invite!

I also want to thank DWFoamies for sending us a BUNCH of customers over the entire weekend. It looks like there will be a lot of DW planes with Scorpion Power Systems in southern California!

Special thanks go out to Jordan "Woody" King and his father Wendall, they were a big help to us all weekend. Jordan is the official West Coast Factory Pilot for Scorpion Power Systems, and he did a great job showing off our motors, ESC's and batteries in his Airfoilz Aircraft all weekend long.

Scarlett and I had a great time at the event, and made a lot of new friends. For those of you that missed it, make sure that you come next year. I know that I will definately be back!

See you next year.

Lucien Miller

CVO Innov8tive Designs

www.innov8tivedesigns.com
Innov8tive is offline Find More Posts by Innov8tive
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 13, 2007, 09:59 PM
Bending Time & Space
Charlotte, N.C. for now (San Diego is home)
Joined Jun 2007
144 Posts
Wish I could have been there. Man, the pics were awesome!!! I will be there next year fer sure!!! Did someone say Carne Asada?
SukhoiBoy is offline Find More Posts by SukhoiBoy