SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:56 PM
Time wounds all heels.
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jul 2001
832 Posts
Micro MJ Mustang, advice?

I have started a new project, to test my MJ set and also because I was ready to fly something rather than build. The Dumas Staggerwing is going to be awesome, but its a longer build and will require a lot of patience.

I had built an airframe to fly my WAMF gear using the foam plans from the "Free Mustang" thread. My first attempt was a 3-layer FFF full fuse, but with the stock prop and only rudder it was very difficult to fly. I wanted something more versatile. I found that with a larger Wattage prop I could get a profile version to almost hand launch vertically, and with a larger LiPo I was getting over an ounce of thrust. The motor heats up a bit more, but just warm, not hot. The LiPo seems oblivious, I figure I might get 20+ minutes at full throttle on this 680mAH.

So, I decided to build another full fuselage version to protect my MJ gear, and added 3/4" to the wingspan to account for the 3 layers of FFF. Now I am about 70% thru the build, and must decide between aileron and rudder. I want aileron, and the wing is built for them, but before I hack into it I thought I would ask for advice. I embedded the elevator servo in the fuse, tacking in place with a dab of 3M77. I want to put the aileron servo in the wing the same way, top of the wing, seated about halfway into the foam.

Any comments, concerns, or criticisms?
watersharer is offline Find More Posts by watersharer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:02 PM
Time wounds all heels.
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jul 2001
832 Posts
more
watersharer is offline Find More Posts by watersharer