Old Nov 15, 2014, 06:14 PM
RC Aviation Freak
United States, FL
Joined Jun 2014
97 Posts
Discussion
Bad luck today with planes

Hey everyone,

Today I had really bad luck with my planes. I was flying my BRAND NEW scratchbuilt plane when it crashed into the top of the bushes. I went and got my T-38, and it crashed into a tree a few feet away from the other. I don't see any damage from the ground, but if don't have any other planes to fly that are working...

Hopefully they'll come down tommorow. Sorry, but no pics. I didn't take any and it's dark now.

John
John234 is offline Find More Posts by John234
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2014, 04:14 AM
Entropy is happening!
Australia, NSW, Bellingen
Joined Aug 2008
7,165 Posts
Oh dear! Many of us radio control flyers have put planes in trees.
I've used a range of methods to get them down. The first choice (if it is low enough), is to use a large lead sinker, or similar weight on the end of a long string or fishing line.
Throw the sinker and line using an underarm swing. Extend about a mtr. or so, get a for and aft swing then a final power stroke. If you are good, (it takes practice), you might get the line over the branch that is holding the plane.
I've heard of a bow and arrow being used in the same way.
When the plane has been higher, I have also paid a tree climber to get it down for me.
Good luck tomorrow.
Jim.Thompson is offline Find More Posts by Jim.Thompson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Regulated vacuum system.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 09:46 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,645 Posts
When was the last time you had your eyesight tested ?

Though seriously, if you do have a depth perception, or other problem, it's worth getting a check up.

I have come across a few model fliers over the years who didn't think they had a problem until they got prescription glasses, and were then amazed at just what they were missing.

And yes, I wear glasses
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Nov 23, 2014, 09:19 AM
RC Aviation Freak
United States, FL
Joined Jun 2014
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray View Post
When was the last time you had your eyesight tested ?

Though seriously, if you do have a depth perception, or other problem, it's worth getting a check up.

I have come across a few model fliers over the years who didn't think they had a problem until they got prescription glasses, and were then amazed at just what they were missing.

And yes, I wear glasses
Actually, my perscription just changed... I was flying wile waiting for the new glasses to come in. (It didn't change much, though.)

EDIT: the T-28 came down. I am still waiting on the scratch build.

John
John234 is offline Find More Posts by John234
Last edited by John234; Nov 23, 2014 at 09:46 AM.