HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:47 AM
Joined Feb 2012
14 Posts
Discussion
What would be a good second plane?

I am quite new to this hobby and I've been flying the Champ for about two months now and I think I've mastered it now. I can do loops and I can fly it without crashing it now. I was thinking it was time to get another plane now, probably an aileron trainer. Does anyone know any good second planes? Thanks in advance!
amy22 is offline Find More Posts by amy22
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Feb 2012
37 Posts
I have the same question So please come with some good planes to us.
Rabbern is offline Find More Posts by Rabbern
Old Feb 18, 2012, 09:20 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
There are already a gazillion threads and posts on the exact same thing. Do a little searching.

There are as many opinions as posts.

HZ S Cub is one, it's 3 ch but many folks, including me, have flattened the wing and added ailerons for almost no money. That way you go to a bigger 3ch that is very stable and then you can convert to 4ch with minimal cash outlay. For more money, the Apprentice is a wonderful 4ch. Big, easy to fly and still has good power and can do basic aerobatics.I had one, loved it, but sold it to make room for other planes. Flyzone Switch is a nice high wing 4ch that has an extra canopy to convert it, using the same wings, to a low/mid wing sport plane. That one can do just about whatever you want.

Look around, this has been discussed/argued a lot.

Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Feb 18, 2012, 09:44 AM
United States, CA, Grand Terrace
Joined Nov 2005
56 Posts
Parkzone T-28.
Pullskinner is offline Find More Posts by Pullskinner
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:13 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Virtually any model in this thread, especially the 4 CH models for aileron training:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1454577
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Feb 19, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Sep 2011
26 Posts
Consider an Apprentice
paxskipper is offline Find More Posts by paxskipper
Old Feb 19, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Feb 2012
14 Posts
I apologise for posting another '2nd Plane' thread. I did a little more research and I've seen people recommend the Apprentice and the T-28 as mentioned. With the BNF version of the T-28D, is it possible to use the DSM2 transmitter with it, the one that comes with the Champ?
amy22 is offline Find More Posts by amy22