HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:28 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I just posted new v0.25 MOV firmware that adds the ability to rotate the recorded image 180 deg.
NOTE: To access this new function toggle you need to also download the new v1.0.1.3 GUI
Many thanks also to Isoprop!
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Last edited by Mtz; Mar 27, 2012 at 01:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:34 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianvc View Post
the solution is simple Tn just use a length of flyline braided backing tied to the camera fob and secure somewhere convenient on the plane. easy with a bipe to attach it to one of the wing struts. then if it comes loose at least it will stay with the plane.
Great idea! We learned early on when flying the Mcpx heli that you need to tether it's swash links since they pop off in any incident and are easily lost-- so I don't know why doing that to the cam did not occur to me!

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:39 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianvc View Post
the solution is simple Tn just use a length of flyline braided backing tied to the camera fob and secure somewhere convenient on the plane. easy with a bipe to attach it to one of the wing struts. then if it comes loose at least it will stay with the plane.
I hope you don't object to me asking but what is "flyline braided backing"?
I have never heard of it

Thank you - John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Feb 2012
37 Posts
I've noticed that I also have a blurred lens in the middle. Focus is good on the sides.

Before opening my camera, do you think this can be focused or it seems to be a problem with the lens?

SeCuRiT is offline Find More Posts by SeCuRiT
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:57 PM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeCuRiT View Post
I've noticed that I also have a blurred lens in the middle. Focus is good on the sides.

Before opening my camera, do you think this can be focused or it seems to be a problem with the lens?
It's a problem with the lens or CMOS module - send it back. They've obviously got a bit of an issue.
Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Mar 2012
12 Posts
:d

I'm new here, sorry for not introducing me, I've read all the pages, I have a camera with firmware v0.25 mov, I was being tested and connect a AA battery emergency charger middle of the recording and then the green LED does not work , the camera is not charging the battery and is not recognized by the computer, webcam does not work, I re-install firmware avi, mov, the camera takes pictures and records normal but not charge the battery and is not detected by the pc, do you think this problem is caused by firmware 25mov? someone use external batteries in this firmware? I hope any comments, thanks
SKY808 is offline Find More Posts by SKY808
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKY808 View Post
I'm new here, sorry for not introducing me, I've read all the pages, I have a camera with firmware v0.25 mov, I was being tested and connect a AA battery emergency charger middle of the recording and then the green LED does not work , the camera is not charging the battery and is not recognized by the computer, webcam does not work, I re-install firmware avi, mov, the camera takes pictures and records normal but not charge the battery and is not detected by the pc, do you think this problem is caused by firmware 25mov? someone use external batteries in this firmware? I hope any comments, thanks
v0.25 works perfectly with external battery power.
I don't know what AA battery emergency you are using, but assuming it can output 5V your problem is almost certainly a cable problem. Try a different standard USB cable and if that doesn't work, try another one. The green LED may need up to 30 seconds to turn on, asuming your battery is not fully charged.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Mar 27, 2012, 03:44 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeCuRiT View Post

A few others have recently reported this. Mine does not have this problem, and I think it is most like a focusing issue. These inexpensive lenses are not likely to have a flat focal plane, but they do have a pretty deep depth of field. Your sample looks to have been pretty close to the objects, so you might be outside the nearest depth of field point. If it looks the same on distant objects, they might just have used the edges of the image for focusing rather than the center. It would be more normal to have focusing favor the center of the image and be very slightly off at the extreme edges with the lens focused for best overall image. I don't think it's a problem with the CMOS module itself, but your vendor might be able to give more details on this, especially since this is not the only occurance.

If you find out any more definitive information, please post it here.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:10 PM
Official Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
440 Posts
How-to rotate video 90 degrees and change fps to 24 or 25

For people who would like to convert 30 fps MOV files to 24 or 25 (or other) fps, this can be done with mencoder (part of MPlayer available for Linux, Windows, and Mac).

Here is a command (tested under Linux) that converts video to 25 fps avi:
mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4:vbitrate=10000:vhq:keyint=250 -oac copy -of avi -ofps 25 -aspect 16:9 -noencodedups MINI0001.MOV -o MINI0001-25.avi

Here is another command (tested under Linux) that rotates video 90 degrees counterclockwise and converts it to 24 fps avi:
mencoder -vf rotate=2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4:vbitrate=10000:vhq:keyint=250 -oac copy -of avi -ofps 24 -aspect 16:9 -noencodedups MINI0001.MOV -o MINI0001-24.avi

To remove rotation, simply remove '-vf rotate=2' from command.
To keep same fps, remove '-ofps 24' from command.

Hope this helps people who have a need for it.
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000
Last edited by therau2000; Mar 27, 2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Add reading clarity
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:44 PM
United Kingdom, England, St Ives
Joined Mar 2011
15 Posts
Tom
Way back in post #1088 I reported I would be sending my #16 back Well digitalele889 came up good, allthough the 1st replacement camera has got lost in the post, a 2nd replacement arrived in the UK within 7days. All is working great and have updated to V22 AVI. I'll keep reding the posts.
Thanks
HughP
HughP is offline Find More Posts by HughP
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Mar 2012
12 Posts
Thanks for you answer, I have 2 cameras, I tried with several USB, a camera works well and the other camera does not work, the internal battery is attached image, I made comparison of two cameras and mini USB input, I see that pin 1 is probably the problem and maybe is defective, the emergency battery is AA alkaline 1.5-volt, I discovered that my 2 cameras taking pictures 1280x720 resolution, 1280x960 resolution before with my old 808 camera 16, someone can provide me the v18 firmware for my last test, thanks.
SKY808 is offline Find More Posts by SKY808
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:35 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,902 Posts
Well first, that emergency charger may not even be one that works with the #16 camera. It looks like the one that was made for the #11 camera with a special cable and different pinouts for the #11 camera, i.e. pin #1 is moved to the normally unused pin #4. It won't do anything when connected to the real #16 camera. And even if it could, it can barely charge the internal battery with a good AA cell. It doesn't have enough power for the camera to record with it. And second NONE of the REAL HD 808 cameras (i.e. #11 and #16) have ever had 1280x960 resolution. That other camera is a fake HD camera and is just upsizing the small 640x480 image to a larger 4:3 aspect ratio video, not a real 1280 720 video.

The picture you posted looks like it's from the #16, though. Have you plugged the camera into a PC USB port to charge the battery instead of that AA emergency charger? It can take as much as 2 hours to fully charge the camera internal battery, or your internal battery may be totally dead or has become disconnected from it's plug. But the camera should power up from the USB port and work as a web cam. Did you try pressing the reset button (you can feel it click) and then powering up again. I do not think you firmware is your problem. The v0.25 firmware will work in the camera.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Mar 27, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:12 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Quote:
A few others have recently reported this.
I hope understood well: some cameras have bad lens and another cameras have good lenses? If the camera with bad lens is sold by some seller and the good camera is sold by another seller maybe is good to know from which seller was bought the bad lens camera and people to not buy from him (until he will not fix the problem in all new produced cameras).
The big problem is that maybe someday the seller will not replace because too many defective and another is too much time wasted because of long shipping distances.
The biggest problem with many chinese products is when they want more profit: they will lower quality from some components or even make versions of the same products with missing components and features.
It is bad to buy a product like a lottery and thinking to be lucky to receive the right product.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:23 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
I hope understood well: some cameras have bad lens and another cameras have good lenses? If the camera with bad lens is sold by some seller and the good camera is sold by another seller maybe is good to know from which seller was bought the bad lens camera and people to not buy from him (until he will not fix the problem in all new produced cameras).
The big problem is that maybe someday the seller will not replace because too many defective and another is too much time wasted because of long shipping distances.
The biggest problem with many chinese products is when they want more profit: they will lower quality from some components or even make versions of the same products with missing components and features.
It is bad to buy a product like a lottery and thinking to be lucky to receive the right product.

enjoy,
Mtz
Nothing has been confirmed about the cause of the center blurring in a few cameras. I think it's likely just not proporly focused, but that has not been confirmed either. None of the validated eBay sellers I have listed in post #1 have ever failed to resolve a user problem to my knowledge, so I don't believe it's a fair conclusion taht maybe one or more might be knowingly selling "bad" merchandise to make more profit. The cameras all come from the same source. And I don't think that products from countries other than China are automatially immune from selling bad products or guaranteed to be selling good products. The #16 camera sellers all have extremely high seller ratings on eBay and I have full confidence in them.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:38 AM
Joined Nov 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
To reinforce what empeabee said, a lipo battery should ALWAYS be FULLY discharged before disposing. Safe discharging is done by connecting a high resistance load letting it slowly drain down to nothing. But because the camera battery has a protection circuit board, putting a load on the battery wires will not allow the battery to go below 2.4V (nominal). So unlike a flight lipo that has NO protection circuit board on the battery itself, it's not possible to FULLY drain the camera battery that way. It's necessary to put a load directly across the battery tabs, not the wires coming from the battery. The simplest way is to remove the yellow Kapton tape on the end of the battery to fully expose the battery tabs and let it soak in VERY salty water as empeabee mentioned. It can take some time to discharge by this method, so I'd let it soak for several days minimum. Then it can be disposed of according to any battery disposal requirements of your local jurisdiction.
Have a noob question about lipo...can u poke hole to reduce swelling? Seems like a fun thing to do
Litchking is offline Find More Posts by Litchking