HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:12 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnasah View Post
Thanks for this helps alot.

Although if i get it from banggood it is costing 40 dollars. and if i add WLtoys WL V911 2.4GHz 4CH RC Helicopter + 2 x Balance Bars + 2 x Batteries it is another 30 dollars.

total 70 dollars, seems like a good deal with you saying Aaron is a active member here too. What do you think better deal then ali express?

But if am paying 30 extra just for heli and battery etc is it better to pay extra 10 dollars and just get another full set which would include remote and charger too hmmmm.
It's up to you what you think is the better deal It's all a matter of a few dollars anyway.
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:47 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Well, after numerous violent crashes I thought I finally killed my V911 last night. Full speed collision with a concrete wall. Picked it up, hit the throttle, and she began shaking violently. Thought she was finally done.Turns out I lost a flybar weight. Ordered two new ones which won't be here for 10 days bud I have two more BNF on order which should be here by Fri.
I continue to be impressed with how much abuse these things can take.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:02 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Thanks, but both pots work. I can re-insert resistors from the onboard rudder pot to the outer pins and the pot to the center pin works again. I've done 570 Ohms, 1k, 2.2k, 4.7k.

I have three wires coming off the onboard rudder pot. One for the two outer pins and one for the center pin.
Pot on the center pin
Resistors on the outer pins.
Take the resistors off and the pot on the center pin no longer works. Done it a few times now. I just don't know why a resistor is necessary. Oh, and I also cut a trace, of course.
its still not exactly clear. a diagram would help. but it looks like as long as the pots are not connected directly to each other pin for pin there is no danger.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:06 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Origami 2k-2k-1k transmitter modification
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10593

The two 2k resistors control the rudder. The 1k (or your added potentiometer) selects how much you can influence the two 2k resistors.

Remove the two 2k resistors and there is nothing to influence and the 1k (or your added potentiometer) does nothing.
I just figured the pot would influence the stock rudder. Thanks.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:29 AM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
That's yallstore for you. tmart IS yallstore. I had to complain in order for them to not use DHL.
I was looking at tmarts website and was trying to find the sales flyer yallstore sent me cause I was thinking they were tied together, it sure seemed that way.
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:04 AM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
I was looking at tmarts website and was trying to find the sales flyer yallstore sent me cause I was thinking they were tied together, it sure seemed that way.
Yep, I got a tmart flyer with all 3 packages from yallstore.
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:13 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
If you lost a flybar weight, try taking the weight on the opposite side out. For those with skills, you can somewhat fly the v911 without any weights. It response to cyclic commands should be quick.

If it's too squirrelly for you, you can add something to weigh it down. Add it to the cavity and then shrink wrap the ends or simply wrap tape. Coil up solder is a good source for weights that can be made to fit in the cavity of the flybar.

Just something to think about to get your v911 flying again. You might even like it better.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Jul 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippiz View Post
Maybe here?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-th9x-r...nel-radio.html

BUT, i really hope the banggood is the one they show with the antenna attached on the module instead. That is really what I want...

One more thing, I do think the black Flysky controller looks much better than the Turnigy-version. (Grey)
i see its 74.50 free shipping. if i want to go with a Tx other than the one that came with the V911's is the one from hobbyking or banggood the one's to get?

the dx6i i got for my two blade's made a big difference over the stock Tx. hoping this Flysky Tx will do the same for the V911's
UB6uJ is offline Find More Posts by UB6uJ
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:27 AM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,105 Posts
Is there a list of which Tx's will bind with the v911?
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:36 AM
Spain, Valencian Community, Burriana
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
for those who still had doubts deception of the alleged banggood 150 mah batteries, this photo is which withdrew its announcement... of course that will buy here in aliexpress...

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm..._id=1924763605
Geso is offline Find More Posts by Geso
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:50 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefa View Post
I am finding it very difficult to mechanically trim the right roll out of both red/white and yellow clone v911. Elevator trim is now perfect.

I have used up all the thread on the aileron servon arm and it still drifts to the right. I know these birds lean to the right to counter the anti-torque induced left force, but I should be able to counter this. I have even unscrewed the servo arm and reset it more horizontal - with no improvement. Servo movement is fine, in both directions, and in both rates.

Any ideas?
(It's not a really big deal, as I prefer flying FFF than hovering, but on the days I have to fly indoors it would be nice to have a hands off hover.)
Try resetting the aileron servo arm slightly pointing downward, that should give you some left drift bias, which may counter the right drift tendency you are describing. Doing that will shorten the range of the arm movement in that direction, but depending on your flying habits you may not even notice the difference.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:08 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
Is there a list of which Tx's will bind with the v911?
Transmitters that bind and fly the V911 helicopter

Stock V911 transmitter (and V929 quad transmitter)
Turnigy 9x and clones
FS-CT6B
DH9116
Unconfirmed report that Trex 100 is "fully compatible"

In my opinion, the best for price, performance, ease of use, is the stock V911 transmitter. But then I only fly V911's in low rates windsurfing outside, Elevator trim full forward.

Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Aug 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:15 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
If you lost a flybar weight, try taking the weight on the opposite side out. For those with skills, you can somewhat fly the v911 without any weights. It response to cyclic commands should be quick.

If it's too squirrelly for you, you can add something to weigh it down. Add it to the cavity and then shrink wrap the ends or simply wrap tape. Coil up solder is a good source for weights that can be made to fit in the cavity of the flybar.

Just something to think about to get your v911 flying again. You might even like it better.
I'll have to try that. I was planning on doing something with it when I get home tonight to try and het it back in the air until the parts arrive.

I ordered my two BNF from Yallstore because they ship from right down the road (15 miles away) so I figured they would be here quick, but after seeing all the shipping complaints I'm beginning to think I should have just gone and picked it up. (I if that's even an option).
Thank again for the tip, I look forward to learning much from you guys. The other forums I belong to are all Jeep sites and I'm usually answering the questions not asking. I have alot of research to do.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:27 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geso View Post
for those who still had doubts deception of the alleged banggood 150 mah batteries, this photo is which withdrew its announcement... of course that will buy here in aliexpress.
TC531131 = 120mah 15c 37x12x6mm 3.94g
TC531136 = 130mah 42x12x6mm 4.55g
UC531136 = 130mah 4.4g
TC551136V = 145mah 4.38g
TC551140 = 150mah 25C/50C
TC551140V = 150mah 4.9g 47mm
601235P = 150mah

When you buy 150mah batteries, the description should say "150mah" and the product image should show a 150mah battery. If the image does not show a 150mah battery, then you have to wonder what it is that they are selling and what you are actually buying.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Aug 15, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined Jul 2012
78 Posts
is there V911 general setup page/blog

is there a V911 specific thread for general setup and Tx settings?
UB6uJ is offline Find More Posts by UB6uJ