HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:24 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Hit a speed bump

Rebuild almost done when i noticed the turnigy motor would twist in its base when there is sudden rpm increase in the tail. Found the set screws would not hold in the holes. Quality control at hobby king really neesd to do better. The other turnigy motor i bought is right and tight, so i have some soldering to do, then swap the other out and use it for parts.

Gunna take a break and get back at it after everyone goes to bed.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:40 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hmmmm . . . I find it interesting that my V400 drifts all over the place while hovering whereas my new 450 Pro clone with the Rx2702 just pretty much sits in one place. I wonder why the difference?
Navigator, sounds like something in wrong with V400. Mine hovers hands off if there isn't much wind. Your really having fun with your new 450, good move I flew my 500 today and its hands off even in some wind. The little mCPx hovers hands off if there is no wind.

Kdean, my bench/table looks like that unless I can't find something, then its clean for a couple days.

Yeah Biggie, I just put a 450 canopy on the V400d and it improved COG. Looks a lot better also because the V400 canopy was completely trashed.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by penz83 View Post
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes there, but those servos do fit... I have been flying with them for a couple weeks now. Like I said you will need to drill new mounting holes.
got them to fit ,still a problem they twitch and go nuts and rx losing connection with devo7. I think i fried the rx when i hooked up blue lipo battery. $60 im not going to do.Is there a different cheaper rx for the v400 ?? I should have just bought two birds got enough in this one that i could have
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Last edited by fastfwd; Apr 02, 2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:39 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
got them to fit ,still a problem they twitch and go nuts and rx losing connection with devo7. I think i fried the rx when i hooked up blue lipo battery. $60 im not going to do.Is there a different cheaper rx for the v400 ?? I should have just bought two birds got enough in this one that i could have
sorry to hear about your troubles. Fitting servos in isn't an exact science and I think we've all done it differently, just whatever holds them in place close enough to the original location will work. Not sure about that devo twitch problem though...

As far as putting more and more into these birds, sorry to say, but get use to it my friend I started with a v400 and remember thinking that having to buy more servos was crazy, but before long i was completely addicted and now have a drawer full of spare servos among many many other things
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:50 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
sorry to hear about your troubles. Fitting servos in isn't an exact science and I think we've all done it differently, just whatever holds them in place close enough to the original location will work. Not sure about that devo twitch problem though...

As far as putting more and more into these birds, sorry to say, but get use to it my friend I started with a v400 and remember thinking that having to buy more servos was crazy, but before long i was completely addicted and now have a drawer full of spare servos among many many other things
well seems the huge mistake with the blue lipo as the v400 wiring is backwards fried the speed controller also as well as rx ? with radio off (took blades off) plug in battery the motor goes full out. is there anyplace that sells the v400 without the radio ? may as well just buy a new one and put my super frame and the aluminum boom support on it, hell i have a whole box full of blades,tail blades tails ect for this bird !
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:15 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
Hey Fastfwd, I know exactly how you feel. You know, if you are really tired of spending a bunch of money left and right, you could always just focus on the flight simulator for a while. I got sick and tire of fixing my CB100 all the time, so I decided to give it a break and just concentrate on my skill in the sim. The sim has actually improved my skills with the V400, so it does work. Just a thought.

As for the replacement Rx2614, you could try WowHobbies:

HM-V400D02-Z-29.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
well seems the huge mistake with the blue lipo as the v400 wiring is backwards fried the speed controller also as well as rx ? with radio off (took blades off) plug in battery the motor goes full out. is there anyplace that sells the v400 without the radio ? may as well just buy a new one and put my super frame and the aluminum boom support on it, hell i have a whole box full of blades,tail blades tails ect for this bird !
Dilberto and Navigator are so right. We've all been in the exact same spot. But if your like us, I'm sorry to say that you are now addicted and there's no going back.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:28 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
Look at it this way, helis will keep you out of the pool hall.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:45 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2012
541 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333424682.508653.jpg
Views: 39
Size: 192.4 KB
Description:

Get one of these for when your heli is down, or it's too windy.
penz83 is offline Find More Posts by penz83
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:59 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2012
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post

Very true, the original servos are on the smallish side as compared to most 9g servos... But where there is a will there is a way.
penz83 is offline Find More Posts by penz83
Old Apr 03, 2012, 12:38 AM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
Iceland, Westfjords, safjrur
Joined Mar 2011
1,132 Posts
I just ordered another V400. 25% off @ Nitroplanes. $137 shipped

Get em while they are still in stock!

Now I just need some time to fly.....
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:06 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
I've done all i can do with the blades off on this rebuild, and the only thing i need to do is test fly it. I swaped the brushless tail motor and did some tests, and everything is running smooth with no vibrations.

The renegade pilots are meeting at the bike track tomorrow, and my buddy got his hands on an Art Tech Falcon 450 that he needs some help with setting up. He's new to helis, but realy good with planes. We would always joke around saying "if he got a heli, i would have to get a plane". Well, can anyone recomend a good 'first plane' for me? I've been flying helis for over a year now, so i dont think i need a beginners model. I also fly the sim planes when i'm bored of crashing the helis. Im thinking of getting something that runs on 2200mah 3s packs cause i got those for my v400 and 450. So if its to windy the fly the little helis i can take the plane up instead. I was looking at the dynam grand crusier v2 at nitro planes. Twin motor, retracts, lights, flaps, and scale look with sport flying capabilities. I just need $200, which i dont have right now.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:15 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
I just ordered another V400. 25% off @ Nitroplanes. $137 shipped

Get em while they are still in stock!

Now I just need some time to fly.....
That's tempting but then I remember all the stuff you have to do to it to make it all good. 450 clone
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:21 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
I've done all i can do with the blades off on this rebuild, and the only thing i need to do is test fly it. I swaped the brushless tail motor and did some tests, and everything is running smooth with no vibrations.

The renegade pilots are meeting at the bike track tomorrow, and my buddy got his hands on an Art Tech Falcon 450 that he needs some help with setting up. He's new to helis, but realy good with planes. We would always joke around saying "if he got a heli, i would have to get a plane". Well, can anyone recomend a good 'first plane' for me? I've been flying helis for over a year now, so i dont think i need a beginners model. I also fly the sim planes when i'm bored of crashing the helis. Im thinking of getting something that runs on 2200mah 3s packs cause i got those for my v400 and 450. So if its to windy the fly the little helis i can take the plane up instead. I was looking at the dynam grand crusier v2 at nitro planes. Twin motor, retracts, lights, flaps, and scale look with sport flying capabilities. I just need $200, which i dont have right now.
My friend got a little folker I think you call it? Its a really small Folker You know the 2 wing Red Baron plane. It has a 3axis gyro to help control it.
I also tried one of those motorcycles that has the gyros. I can't believe you can do slides and wheelies

Oh, I just read the last part of your post. Don't get anything from Nitro planes. If you break something, there's no parts
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:13 AM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
450 clone
Amen, brother.