HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2003, 11:19 AM
San Pedro, CA
Joined Mar 2002
660 Posts
Left thrust?

Hello all,
I have a Wattage Piper Cub400 that I maidened this past weekend and I noticed it was pulling hard to the right which I couldn't correct even with full left trim. I landed removed all the right thrust and it flew better, but still has a tendency to pull right a bit and the left turns are sluggish to control input with neutral trim. I checked and re-checked all my rigging and everything measures fine. So.....I was wondering if a degree or two of left thrust would help it fly better. I am running a Nippy 400 direct drive with an APC 8x6 prop. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
locomoto is offline Find More Posts by locomoto
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2003, 07:55 PM
Central Illinois
Joined Sep 2002
543 Posts
Hmm

How does it glide motor off? If it still pulls with motor off i would guess that its a warped wing to some degree. If it dose not roll in glide then i would say a couple degrees would do it. But i still suspect the wing may have a little more up twist on the left panel. Hope this helps

Dave G
DaveGherardini is offline Find More Posts by DaveGherardini