Old Today, 11:07 AM
Find More Posts by deonjams
Philippines, NCR, QC
Joined Dec 2011
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The key is this:

Make sure that the stick in the "off" position is the same whether the Throttle Cut is active or not. The ESC needs to see the same "off" position in both circumstances.

If you can do that, then you'll be good.

Andy
Thanks Andy and Gadgetmart. Appreciate the advice on the easy check to make sure all good. I will also try and replicate the issue I had using the monitor, so I can improve future setups
deonjams is online now Find More Posts by deonjams
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:01 PM
Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
3,104 Posts
You did not have a DX6i with this issue ? The hold curve on the DX6i is lower at zero than the other curves. Just look at rhe servo monitor.
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Today, 12:15 PM
Find More Posts by Scott Todd
TAFTS
Chandler, AZ
Joined Apr 2008
440 Posts
Of course Andy is right. Just make them the same. I always try to tell people 'Why' instead of just 'do it'. I see this way to often
Scott Todd is offline Find More Posts by Scott Todd
Old Today, 05:54 PM
Find More Posts by deonjams
Philippines, NCR, QC
Joined Dec 2011
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
You did not have a DX6i with this issue ? The hold curve on the DX6i is lower at zero than the other curves. Just look at the servo monitor.
And there is the answer. I had left these models in South Africa as set up with a DX6, and there were no issues. When going back the next time, I replicated (or thought I did) the profiles with a DX6i, and not checking the servo monitor when using throttle hold. Yes, they all occurred with the DX6i, that explains it. Thanks for the inputs and patience - learned a lot from this exchange, although at times off topic
deonjams is online now Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Today, 06:33 PM
Find More Posts by Grecko
Joined May 2015
7 Posts
I have a DX-9 and I used it yesterday. It was slow to link, in that generally right after I turn it on I can check controls and they move to commands just fine, but this time it took a minute or two before it linked and started to work. Worked fine for about 20 minutes, shut it off and put it all away.

Today, no surfaces or switches are responding to commands, but the telemetry is working and telling me I have 5.1 v to the receiver, and the telemetry module is working fine (GPS and data are coming back to the transmitter). The transmitter is showing 7.2 v and it appears to have about 30% of charge and there are no low voltage warnings. The power supply in the vehicle as I said shows 5.1v and that is coming from a step down power supply off of a 12v battery. Bottom line is that I've got plenty of voltage on the vehicle.

The receiver is powering the servos (if I push on them they will buzz) so the receiver appears to be doing it's thing, but it's not communicating with the transmitter.

I tried to rebind the receiver and Betty says she is binding, and the lights in the receiver go to steady from blinking, but there is no joy when I try to command the servos or switches, apparently no communication going on.

Looking at the troubleshooting guide I took the stuff outside and tried it from a distance of about 15 feet (there is a metal roof on the building, an aluminum garage door nearby and a metal horse trough in the building so I tried to get a good distance from all that stuff (it hasn't been an issue in the past but just making sure). No joy, no difference.

There is only one model in the memory and it is the one selected and what shows on the master screen and during the binding process.

The protocol is DSMX and the binding procedure appears normal.

I have two antenna extensions and I've tried it with them both removed and connected, and there is no difference.

I'm about out of things to try, any ideas????
Grecko is online now Find More Posts by Grecko
Old Today, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
28,319 Posts
The transmitter appears to be working fine.

What receiver are you using?

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 07:06 PM
Joined May 2015
7 Posts
Andy,

It is an AR9020
Old Today, 07:12 PM
Joined May 2015
7 Posts
I'm not using that many channels, I do have a backup receiver that I can try tomorrow morning, it's an AR8000 so I guess I could go to that if the receiver is the problem.
Old Today, 07:16 PM
Joined May 2015
7 Posts
I was just back there fiddiling with it and took the two remote antennas off. Tried to bind it with no remotes. It took three tries to get it to bind with no remote antennas, and I had to step back a few feet to get it to bind. After it did bind, there was no joy, and no difference.
Old Today, 07:22 PM
Find More Posts by AeroKen
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,714 Posts
The receivers that come with remotes need to be used with remotes. What you're describing sounds like what I recall happening when I was messing with an Ar8000 on the bench forgetting that I needed to hook up the remote.
Maybe you have a remote wire that's bad?
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Today, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
28,319 Posts
That's exactly what I was going to say. You need the AR9020 base and at least 2 remotes for the servos to operate.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 08:35 PM
Joined May 2015
7 Posts
Ok, well as they say you learn something new every day.

I'll double check the wiring on the remotes. When they were hooked up they both lit up, but it's worth trying that and if I have a spare remote I can try swapping them out one at at time.

We stick them with velcro to the top of the vehicle, so the wiring gets moved around a bit and one of the leads could be messed up or a remote could be not working.

Thanks so much for the help.
Old Today, 10:12 PM
Find More Posts by StarHopper44
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
6,582 Posts
Pre-Flight Check List

I have a new plane that's basically my 'pride & joy', & was initially delighted that I had a pre-flight checklist on the new DX9 as she's got some complexities that took me out of my standard startup & post-flight procedures, and I imagined a checklist would be ideal for, well, doing what a checklist does - keeping me from forgetting something & messing up muh baby! So I filed the info away for further investigation later.

And today I'd reached a point where I thought the project was well enough along to start building a checklist for it. So, I opened the manual *ahem* I meant, Reference Guide' & read up on the feature. All 2 sentences of it.

Preflight Setup
The Preflight Setup menu option enables you to program a pre-flight
checklist that appears each time you power on the transmitter or
when you select a new model memory. Each item on the list must
be confirmed before you can access the Main Screen.

From that description, it sounds like you can only set up one 'overall' checklist, & it's to cover all models in the Tx, rather than individual checklists for each individual model. Sure hope that's not the case, as it'd render this feature practically useless for me -- so my question is, is that the case?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member