New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by Alumnite
Joined Mar 2013
15 Posts
Question
Hot-Swapping Taranis Profiles And Still Controlling The Same Receiver

I just bought a Taranis and it is on it's way here. But I was thinking, if I wanted to practice with my quad on 3S until I get a maneuver/track down and then had a whole slew of different settings to accommodate a 4S (with different sized props) setup on the same quad (so the same receiver) could I just power down the frame, swap profiles in the Taranis and then boogy?

I know of this "receiver number" (which is basically the same thing as Spektrum Model Match) and if I am thinking about it correctly, since you can assign your own number to that receiver, then as long as both profiles have the same receiver number assigned to them, it shouldn't be a problem right?

I know there's other ways around it and all the important changes are done to the FC, but I'm just brewin ideas.
Alumnite is offline Find More Posts by Alumnite
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
Find More Posts by Jet_Flyer
AKA 8178
Joined May 2004
2,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumnite View Post
I just bought a Taranis and it is on it's way here. But I was thinking, if I wanted to practice with my quad on 3S until I get a maneuver/track down and then had a whole slew of different settings to accommodate a 4S (with different sized props) setup on the same quad (so the same receiver) could I just power down the frame, swap profiles in the Taranis and then boogy?

I know of this "receiver number" (which is basically the same thing as Spektrum Model Match) and if I am thinking about it correctly, since you can assign your own number to that receiver, then as long as both profiles have the same receiver number assigned to them, it shouldn't be a problem right?

I know there's other ways around it and all the important changes are done to the FC, but I'm just brewin ideas.
By profile I think you mean what is called a "Model" in the Taranis Plus and models can use the same receiver number if needed.

Mike
Jet_Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Jet_Flyer
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM
Joined Mar 2013
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer View Post
By profile I think you mean what is called a "Model" in the Taranis Plus
Yea I meant model. But what I was explaining is correct then? As long as the receiver numbers are the same for both models in the Taranis then this is do-able?
Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM
Find More Posts by Jet_Flyer
AKA 8178
Joined May 2004
2,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumnite View Post
Yea I meant model. But what I was explaining is correct then? As long as the receiver numbers are the same for both models in the Taranis then this is do-able?
Yes, of course you will need to go through the process of selecting the model to switch, but you can do that without powering down the Taranis Plus. It is one of the first pages in the menu system.

Mike
Jet_Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Jet_Flyer
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM
Joined Mar 2013
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer View Post
Yes, of course you will need to go through the process of selecting the model to switch, but you can do that without powering down the Taranis Plus. It is one of the first pages in the menu system.

Mike

Awesome thanks man. But when I said I power down, I was talking about the quad. But that's minutia haha. And like I said, I know all the major setting changes that are affected by a difference S count on batteries are done through the FC

Thank you much!
Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM
Find More Posts by MattyB
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
4,596 Posts
As an FYI you can also disable the model match completely for a specific model if you wish.
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB