New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2015, 07:35 PM
Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,646 Posts
Yah, I found out that wouldn't work and I should have remembered that. So, you use the motor as a generator and read voltage? It sounds like a two person job, though.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM
Find More Posts by wquiles
Joined Jul 2015
3 Posts
New guy here in the forum. Just ordered my One Xtreme on Saturday. I use a Turnigy 9xr Pro with my "big" 450 quad and also a "small" Blade Nano, so I ordered the OneLink module. Also ordered the GenFan 6" propellers, and the larger battery, so hopefully soon I will be having a new toy to play with
wquiles is online now Find More Posts by wquiles
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wquiles View Post
New guy here in the forum. Just ordered my One Xtreme on Saturday. I use a Turnigy 9xr Pro with my "big" 450 quad and also a "small" Blade Nano, so I ordered the OneLink module. Also ordered the GenFan 6" propellers, and the larger battery, so hopefully soon I will be having a new toy to play with
If your order hasn't been processed yet, maybe you'd better get the lemon receiver and ditch the One Link. The One link is a clunky add-on that has its own issues. The same goes for the stock batteries.
Old Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Find More Posts by SiXPaX
X5C-1, Eye One Xtreme!
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Feb 2015
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Yah, I found out that wouldn't work and I should have remembered that. So, you use the motor as a generator and read voltage? It sounds like a two person job, though.
Yeah, or prepping some kind of a mount and taping multimeter leads to your motor output wires then run up the drill and watch meter...

Quote:
If your order hasn't been processed yet, maybe you'd better get the lemon receiver and ditch the One Link. The One link is a clunky add-on that has its own issues. The same goes for the stock batteries.
Agreed!!!! A PPM RX is a way better idea, much better performance and abilities...
SiXPaX is offline Find More Posts by SiXPaX
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM
Joined Jul 2015
3 Posts
Oh well, I think my order shipped already. Next time I will ask "before" I order thing. Lesson learned!

I want to go ahead and order the Lemon receiver. Which one would be the lightest weight Lemon receiver that I can order?

What specific module for the 9xr-pro would I need to use with the Lemon rx?

The battery I ordered was the larger 1300mA ones. What alternate large capacity battery do you guys recommend?

Will
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,646 Posts
Quote:
Oh well, I think my order shipped already. Next time I will ask "before" I order thing. Lesson learned!

I want to go ahead and order the Lemon receiver. Which one would be the lightest weight Lemon receiver that I can order?
The only lemon receiver now comes with a satellite unit for greater distance. This is an orange receiver (Hobby King version):

Orange receiver $11.30 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_w_CPPM.html

What specific module for the 9xr-pro would I need to use with the Lemon rx? Don't know.

The battery I ordered was the larger 1300mA ones. What alternate large capacity battery do you guys recommend?
That is RC Logger's version of a bigger battery. Many of us use this battery and adapter cable:
G-force 1300mah battery $6.90 http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...ah-2s-jst.html

EOX to JST adapter $6.49 http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=459

Will
I have a poly frame and hold my batteries in place with Velcro and an insurance strap. If you intend to use them on a stock EOX frame, in will take some enginuity, which I'm sure somebody else can help you with.
Last edited by kodak_jack; Yesterday at 08:10 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiXPaX View Post
Yeah, or prepping some kind of a mount and taping multimeter leads to your motor output wires then run up the drill and watch meter...
I noticed something else today. The lemon has a solid red LED on the top side. That stays red as it should. It also has a mini LED right next to where the antennae is attached on the bottom side. That too stays solid until the motors start acting up. Then, it flashes in beat with the motors revving.
Does this thing have a thermal overload protection? When the motors shut down and I have a solid red main LED, if I wait, it will go back to a blinking orange on its own.
FWIW, I measured resistance at the green blocks and the values are all roughly the same.
This thing is hard to troubleshoot. I have somebody telling me it sounds like a bad FC while another guy says it sounds like a bad receiver. Another guy went through TWO FC's before he discovered a bad motor = the cost of a new EOX+!!!!!! If a new FC is $60, one dealer has a bare bones EOX for $95. I would get new motors with that one for the extra money. With my luck, I would spend the $95 and it would be the one thing I didn't get, the receiver.
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
Find More Posts by marty3
Joined Jan 2014
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midzi View Post
All info you could need is already in this thread. Just use 'Search this Thread' tool and/or take a look at all pictures in this thread by browsing attachments - that's available under 'Thread Tools' above in the top blue line of each page.

There are 2 types of commonly used aftermarket frames: polycarbonate and carbon ones. PC frames are sold by picnicquads.com and phoenixflightgear.com. The latter also sells carbon frames - they are lighter but more expensive and more fragile. Foldable one is preferred as it is possible to replace broken arms on it. I prefer PC. I made my own frame from 5 mm clear PC sheet that cost me 5 Eur. I was quite lucky to not screw things up somehow even the first time and this very first homebuilt frame holds very well for me for a couple of months now. I made an FPV platform from it (even including Tarot TL300L OSD with GPS) and it flies awesome (with deviated Devo 10 transmitter and S603 DSMX receiver).
Wow your quad looks awsem. I don't think I have the experience to do that to mine. I'm not very good with the understanding of everything just yet. I don't even know how to solder.

May I ask what propellers you have on your modified eox? I'm going to look at some frames on this thread and maybe watch some videos if there are any. If it doesn't look to complicated I maY just get a new frame. Thank you for your kind guidance.
marty3 is offline Find More Posts by marty3
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM
Joined Jul 2015
3 Posts
Quote:
I have a poly frame and hold my batteries in place with Velcro and an insurance strap. If you intend to use them on a stock EOX frame, in will take some enginuity, which I'm sure somebody else can help you with.
Thank you. AAlong with my 9xr-Pro, I also have an FrSKY and Orange DSM2/DSMX module, which "should" work nicely with this Orange rx module you listed. I will order the Orange module tonight.

Which poly frame are you using on your xtreme?
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM
Find More Posts by ShawnecJP
Professional Crasher
Joined Mar 2015
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty3 View Post
Wow your quad looks awsem. I don't think I have the experience to do that to mine. I'm not very good with the understanding of everything just yet. I don't even know how to solder.

May I ask what propellers you have on your modified eox? I'm going to look at some frames on this thread and maybe watch some videos if there are any. If it doesn't look to complicated I maY just get a new frame. Thank you for your kind guidance.
The learning curve is quite steep. You will catch on to it all very quickly, including the soldering. Trust me I know.
All you need to know is within the pages of this thread and a quick searches on YouTube.

I was incredibly scared to solder in the beginning but after you practice a little bit it's actually not that difficult.

There are a few different propeller brand names but the Gemfan 6045 seem to be the propeller of choice. It's what I use
Other people are happy with the HQs as well.
ShawnecJP is online now Find More Posts by ShawnecJP
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM
Find More Posts by marty3
Joined Jan 2014
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnecJP View Post
The learning curve is quite steep. You will catch on to it all very quickly, including the soldering. Trust me I know.
All you need to know is within the pages of this thread and a quick searches on YouTube.

I was incredibly scared to solder in the beginning but after you practice a little bit it's actually not that difficult.

There are a few different propeller brand names but the Gemfan 6045 seem to be the propeller of choice. It's what I use
Other people are happy with the HQs as well.
Great. Thank you for the vote of confidence lol. I'm gonna give it a shot. Worst thing that can happen is breaking beyond repair but least I'd of tried and hopefully learned something to. I found a great video step by step guide on installing the eox parts onto the clear frame. I belive it's the picnic frame. Looks pretty straight forward.

Is there a recommended place to purchase the gem fan 6045 propellers? Preferably uk based location. Maybe my local hobby shop stocks them. Antics is the only hobby rc shop left in Bristol unfortunately they all closed a few years ago. There was a great shop walking distance from my home. I got all my radio controlled car bits n bobs there as a kid. Fred Coulstons. I belive the economy wasn't too kind on him and he closed. Along with several others in the bristol area.

Is there an official place for the props? I did a search on banggood but I would imagine 99% on thete would most probably be fakes right? I'm just speculatiing on that. Coukd be wrong. Thanks again for your guidance on this. Never thought or expected any one to be so helpful
marty3 is offline Find More Posts by marty3
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM
Find More Posts by ShawnecJP
Professional Crasher
Joined Mar 2015
754 Posts
Quote:
Great. Thank you for the vote of confidence lol. I'm gonna give it a shot. Worst thing that can happen is breaking beyond repair but least I'd of tried and hopefully learned something to. I found a great video step by step guide on installing the eox parts onto the clear frame. I belive it's the picnic frame. Looks pretty straight forward.

Is there a recommended place to purchase the gem fan 6045 propellers? Preferably uk based location. Maybe my local hobby shop stocks them. Antics is the only hobby rc shop left in Bristol unfortunately they all closed a few years ago. There was a great shop walking distance from my home. I got all my radio controlled car bits n bobs there as a kid. Fred Coulstons. I belive the economy wasn't too kind on him and he closed. Along with several others in the bristol area.

Is there an official place for the props? I did a search on banggood but I would imagine 99% on thete would most probably be fakes right? I'm just speculatiing on that. Coukd be wrong. Thanks again for your guidance on this. Never thought or expected any one to be so helpful
I buy all of my props from Banggood actually. I try to shop through them as much as possible because of free shipping. I live in Japan and all the local shops here are incredibly expensive. Most of all the stores here only so toys stuff anyways.
Occasionally I order from hobby King. I got all of my batteries and FPV gear ( except my camera ) through them.
The gemfans I got on Banggood were authentic
ShawnecJP is online now Find More Posts by ShawnecJP
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Find More Posts by SiXPaX
X5C-1, Eye One Xtreme!
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Feb 2015
1,100 Posts
Quote:

I would say use Banggood from the UK warehouse then... The Gemfan 6045 props I got from them are legit.... I have had no problems with them ever trying to sell knock offs... They would normally just say "6045 props for ZMR250" etc. for the generics....
SiXPaX is offline Find More Posts by SiXPaX
Old Today, 06:02 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,646 Posts
Quote:
Thank you. AAlong with my 9xr-Pro, I also have an FrSKY and Orange DSM2/DSMX module, which "should" work nicely with this Orange rx module you listed. I will order the Orange module tonight.

Which poly frame are you using on your xtreme?
I think you misunderstand the receiver used. If you have an orange receiver it may be another version of what I listed. You don't add an orange receiver to another orange receiver. Maybe someone who uses an orange receiver can jump in and help here.
My poly frame is from Phoenix Flight Gear.
Old Today, 10:48 AM
Find More Posts by fretman_2
Joined Jan 2015
61 Posts
As a follow up to my post on prop tips touching during flight...the rubber band trick worked awesome. I put rubber bands around the red and black legs where they attach to the motor boom.
fretman_2 is offline Find More Posts by fretman_2