HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:06 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Useless Geek View Post
Thanks for the backup, Angelo.

I still fly my "full size" Vapor in the living room and just live with it bouncing off the walls, the ceiling, the TV, the lamp shades...yada yada. The plane really doesn't take any damage nor bring damage to anything else. Push the battery way back and do high Alpha flying all the time. It's easy with Turnigy nano-tech batteries, since they have all kinds of current for full throttle excitement hanging off the prop.
I love my vapor. I put a t pin on the back skid, strung a thread between two cups and really did some carrier landings!! I'm able to fly it in a very tiny area by causing it to stall, full ruder and burst of power on turns. Works great!
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:20 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
Who's flying today! I put my floats on the Cessna, not enough snow for skis on the FC tho...
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:27 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,377 Posts
You guys in the city were not the only ones flying off the beach.This is in 1915 at the Oak street beach . joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:53 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
yea, but half that is grass now
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:44 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
Snow day!
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:39 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
You guys in the city were not the only ones flying off the beach.This is in 1915 at the Oak street beach . joe
Cool! I wonder if that was a planned landing, or if he had trouble.
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:39 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
Cool! I wonder if that was a planned landing, or if he had trouble.
They were starting a air mail run that was a couple years later while they were building the post office. joe
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:50 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Jan 2010
22 Posts
Hey all... Long time reader, seldom poster... I fortunately got an opportunity to move out of the country for work, but unfortunately need to sell all my R/C gear that I've acquired over the years. The most recent stuff is my from my dabbling in electric planes (primarily foamies), but I also have some nitro plane and nitro car items that are a bit older.

Since you all are the closest to my location, I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in buying anything before I try a larger market. I don't want to clutter this thread with more information if no one is interested, so if you are, please let me know. I'm willing to sell for super cheap if I can get rid of it quickly.
cjsharp1 is offline Find More Posts by cjsharp1
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:04 PM
USA, IL, Barrington
Joined Feb 2001
1,947 Posts
What foamies do you have?

Pete
peterv is offline Find More Posts by peterv
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:14 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Jan 2010
22 Posts
The foamie I made was pretty much a failure; it never flew properly due to some center of gravity issues. I still have it, but it's probably just better to scrap it for the electrics.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:32 AM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsharp1 View Post
Hey all... Long time reader, seldom poster... I fortunately got an opportunity to move out of the country for work, but unfortunately need to sell all my R/C gear that I've acquired over the years. The most recent stuff is my from my dabbling in electric planes (primarily foamies), but I also have some nitro plane and nitro car items that are a bit older.

Since you all are the closest to my location, I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in buying anything before I try a larger market. I don't want to clutter this thread with more information if no one is interested, so if you are, please let me know. I'm willing to sell for super cheap if I can get rid of it quickly.
PM sent
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:06 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Jan 2010
22 Posts
PMs sent
Old Mar 28, 2013, 01:25 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,049 Posts
Anyone flying today.

50 and light winds! I might go to the Schiller Park field, or maybe the church field on Devon just east of Cicero.
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Old Mar 28, 2013, 02:18 PM
Always Ready!
Chicago, IL
Joined Dec 2006
5,116 Posts
Tonight? Let me know... I might meet you at the Devon location. Or I was thinking of going to Montrose Beach.
warhead_71 is offline Find More Posts by warhead_71
Old Mar 28, 2013, 02:42 PM
Joined Jun 2009
3,377 Posts
I test flew my canard today with Jim and a few others there .Every thing was fine untill they noticed smoke comming from the rear of it.lol The motor wiring was all black inside and it will probly need a new esc but it did fly great . joe