HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:03 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,840 Posts
Cliff and I had this discussion the other day when we ran into each other at the theater. Time for a sWARm!

We were in a nice theater at the time, so we didn't get around to the usual "Yanks Drool, Rebs Rule" banter that you might expect from bitter rivals, but we did both ponder on the delicious destruction that will ensue in September.
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:21 PM
Crash....Fix......repeat.
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined Jan 2012
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsetter View Post
Well, that would involve the South (Rebels) being able to count that high.
The trash talking has gone multi-state!! SCHWEET!! Well...the thing about it is, we'd have plenty of time to count while we wait for the spanks to recover from being knocked out of the sky!
kokopropelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopropelli
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:11 AM
Flyin' the Columbia Gorge
United States, WA, Lyle
Joined Sep 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminiryan View Post
The trash talking has gone multi-state!! SCHWEET!!
I moved out of state last November, but did attend the last sWARm last September. I will be attending this coming event. My wife wants to go to see her friend, whom will have a new baby by then, and I am using it as a reason to attend sWARm.

Two birds with one stone, or should I say two rebels, with MY Assassin?
Windsetter is offline Find More Posts by Windsetter
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:12 PM
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined Oct 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspawn78 View Post
I'd like to come, I picked up an assassin from lee and will be my first combat wing.

Do you have any info on swarm for a noob?
I'm still pretty much a noob, but here's what I was doing last swarm and got several hits.

Figure out how slowly your plane can fly and remain controllable. Fly as slowly and as predictable as you can, then let folk like Jon hit you. Trying to target other's planes as a noob is too hard, but flying straight and slow isn't, so just make yourself be the best looking target.
Wes_Smith is offline Find More Posts by Wes_Smith
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:13 PM
A different attitude to RC
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
2,557 Posts
That's funny. "make yourself be the best looking target"
extremewing is offline Find More Posts by extremewing
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:55 PM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,964 Posts
Flying low and slow is the key for more hits for us more experienced fliers as well. When we fly together we try to set up a down and back race track pattern at a slow speed 20 feet or so off the ground. The trailing planes speed up a bit and try hitting the ones in front. If they miss they slow back down and let the new trailers try to hit them. It works great. The Swarm is cool, but there are so many people that are not used to flying the low and slow pattern that everyone get sucked up to a higher altitude high speed chase. Then hits are pretty much just up to chance. You can steer toward someone, but you have much less chance of hitting since you are so far away.

I'm Jeff Johnson, and I'm preachin' the Low and Slow Gospel!

Rebs Rule!
jwjohnson is offline Find More Posts by jwjohnson
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:22 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,840 Posts
I love the "LOW & SLOW" rule too, the more guys we can get doing that, the more I'll hit when I'm flying "LOW & FAST" in the other direction!

I absolutely love a good head-on collision, or THREE.
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:24 AM
United States, WA, Lyle
Joined Sep 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post
I love the "LOW & SLOW" rule too, the more guys we can get doing that, the more I'll hit when I'm flying "LOW & FAST" in the other direction!

I absolutely love a good head-on collision, or THREE.
There is still something to be said of the higher fliers flying so erratically that they resemble a swarm of wasps. (in sound and appearance)
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:39 PM
Fly, crash, repair, repeat....
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Sep 2011
322 Posts
You know, this whole rebel Yankee thing is confusing....if rebels wear red, how does that go over in utah county with BYU fans and vice versa? Plus I think the northern people are more "rebellious" then the utah county peeps.

Anyway, cant wait for this event!
BlenderBoy is offline Find More Posts by BlenderBoy
Last edited by BlenderBoy; Jul 23, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:02 AM
United States, WA, Lyle
Joined Sep 2011
22 Posts
Does the 6 days of silence mean the rebels have been scared off due to the sheer awesomeness of the Yankees?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:20 AM
wheeeeee!
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Oct 2011
916 Posts
Oh, wait, sorry. There's still a Yank out there with enough morale to pick a fight? You haven't been knocked out of the sky enough lately, have you?
elCapitan is offline Find More Posts by elCapitan
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:01 AM
Fly, crash, repair, repeat....
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Sep 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsetter View Post
Does the 6 days of silence mean the rebels have been scared off due to the sheer awesomeness of the Yankees?
They must be hiding in their bunkers plotting.

I have recruited another northerner to come to the event, hope to get a few more to take down as many rebels as possible....
BlenderBoy is offline Find More Posts by BlenderBoy
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:20 AM
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined Oct 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspawn78 View Post
You know, this whole rebel Yankee thing is confusing....if rebels wear red, how does that go over in utah county with BYU fans and vice versa? Plus I think the northern people are more "rebellious" then the utah county peeps.

Anyway, cant wait for this event!
It gets even more confusing when you were born in the real south (Georgia), yet live north of the point of the mountain.
Wes_Smith is offline Find More Posts by Wes_Smith
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:19 PM
überprüfen Sie Ihre sechs
Central Utah
Joined Feb 2005
480 Posts
This will be my second , im stoked!
czechyour6 is online now Find More Posts by czechyour6
Old Aug 01, 2012, 02:53 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Apr 2009
152 Posts
Hey could I get some directions to SWARM I live in colorado and was wanting to take a trip up there and try a few hits with my homebuilt mercinary Thanks
63 nova is offline Find More Posts by 63 nova