HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2002, 12:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Mirage question for Chris...

Hey Chris (True)...

How is the work on the bigger Mirage comming? I know you flew the smaller one, but was wondering how the bigger one worked out.

I've really been considering ordering one, sometimes it's hard to tell from pictures, but they really look like nice kits.

Paul
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2002, 12:44 AM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,458 Posts
Haven't flown it yet Arbo. It is pretty close really but I haven't been working on it lately. I think it will be a good flyer BUT it needs a big power system. I have doubts that 30 cells would do the job, I'm using 38 cells and a twin motored HW-750. At least, that's the plan
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Nov 14, 2002, 12:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Ah, the Gordon special I see. Well, I look forward to hearing a report when it hits the sky down there. (I visited some friends down there that went to st. marys, I must say you have alot of good open land for flying)...

Paul
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 14, 2002, 12:54 AM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,458 Posts
Well hey, next time you are in the area let me know. We have a great field to fly from, only problem is the majority of members fly 20+ pound planes so the grass isn't exactly short
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Nov 14, 2002, 03:06 AM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,779 Posts
For the Tinkerer's

Not a question on this Mirage but the Wattage. Now I know there's others who play around with things way too much just like me so my question. Has anyone played around with dropping the Wattage Mirage wings down to original location? Obviously they chose mid wing for stability but I wonder how much it would do for it. Kinda a moot question since they discontinued the plane but I love mine and I have another one unbuilt. Figured I'd play around a little. These things scream on a Astro 020.

Thanks for any info in advance

Barry
monkamarm2000 is offline Find More Posts by monkamarm2000