HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2013, 07:22 AM
Andover, NH
United States, NH, Andover
Joined Jan 2013
149 Posts
I've been a fan of OS engines since the sixties. Other than 1/2A, that's all I use. That being said, these new Evolution engines look promising. Also, a lot of bearing related issues seem to stem from the use of fuel with synthetic lube. There is nothing wrong with synthetic lube, but you need to run the engine dry before storage and put lubricant (after run, MMO, ATF) in it. Just my $.02
rammon3 is offline Find More Posts by rammon3
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2013, 02:03 PM
Joined Mar 2010
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhamaoki View Post
A RELIABLE engine is prime for a new flyer. There is nothing more discouraging to a beginner, (seasoned flyer too) than a balky engine. Some less expensive brands of engines can be very reliable but I have found that any engine can be a crap shoot, Just more far more often with a cheap engine. Some of the more expensive BRANDS have a proven track record of being more reliable than others. The less expensive engines in the expensive lines are better than the cheaper brands. You pay for what you get has always been my experience.
It's not like the OP tossed up a list of "yum cha" brands, they are all reputable engine builders, and all will serve a modeller reliably for a long time if cared for properly.
Smokeyr67 is offline Find More Posts by Smokeyr67
Old Oct 04, 2013, 08:56 PM
Joined Sep 2013
2 Posts
Thanks for all the replies, Ive tried replying before but the forum was not letting me login, thanks Im buying soon!
eddyrc7 is offline Find More Posts by eddyrc7
Old Oct 06, 2013, 09:51 AM
Joined Mar 2010
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyrc7 View Post
Thanks for all the replies, Ive tried replying before but the forum was not letting me login, thanks Im buying soon!
Enjoy your new engine Eddy, they're a beautiful bit of machining
Smokeyr67 is offline Find More Posts by Smokeyr67