SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM
Crash Test Dummy
EdTheEdge's Avatar
Joined Jul 2014
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoodle View Post
Nope. With my GoPro Hero 3 , I can shoot full resolution stills while taking video footage at the same time.
Elaborate.... pretty please!!!!!
EdTheEdge is offline Find More Posts by EdTheEdge
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2014
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTheEdge View Post
Elaborate.... pretty please!!!!!
Well (since you asked so nicely ), there is a setting on the GoPro where I can shoot full-res stills while also taking video footage. The still images are taken each 5, 10, 30 or 60 seconds (user selectable), while video is running (video footage is uninterrupted). This setting is only enabled with certain frame rate and resolution settings (i.e. it will work at 1080P at 30fps but *not* at 1080P at 60fps).

This is with my GoPro Hero 3 Black. I don't know if all GoPro cameras do this, or only certain models. I suspect you have to have a higher-end GoPro model to have this option available to you.

For more info, Google "stills and video simultaneously with GoPro". HTH.
macnoodle is offline Find More Posts by macnoodle
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM
Crash Test Dummy
EdTheEdge's Avatar
Joined Jul 2014
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoodle View Post
Well (since you asked so nicely ), there is a setting on the GoPro where I can shoot full-res stills while also taking video footage. The still images are taken each 5, 10, 30 or 60 seconds (user selectable), while video is running (video footage is uninterrupted). This setting is only enabled with certain frame rate and resolution settings (i.e. it will work at 1080P at 30fps but *not* at 1080P at 60fps).

This is with my GoPro Hero 3 Black. I don't know if all GoPro cameras do this, or only certain models. I suspect you have to have a higher-end GoPro model to have this option available to you.

For more info, Google "stills and video simultaneously with GoPro". HTH.
Totally cool! Thanks so much!
EdTheEdge is offline Find More Posts by EdTheEdge
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2014
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTheEdge View Post
Totally cool! Thanks so much!
No worries! Since I don't tend to read User Manuals, I tripped over this feature by accident myself.
macnoodle is offline Find More Posts by macnoodle
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM
Registered User
Eric Henderson's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2005
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoodle View Post
No worries! Since I don't tend to read User Manuals, I tripped over this feature by accident myself.

As an FYI - My regular video editor (windows live movie maker) lets me freeze a frame and store/print it later.


E.
Eric Henderson is online now Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mental hang-nails
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:46 AM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2014
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Henderson View Post
As an FYI - My regular video editor (windows live movie maker) lets me freeze a frame and store/print it later.


E.
Yes, I can do that too, but you are losing a lot of pixels and giving up a lot of resolution doing that! A full-res still from my GoPro is 12 megapixels. A freeze-frame from a 1080P video is only 2 megapixels...
macnoodle is offline Find More Posts by macnoodle
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:59 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2013
1,170 Posts
Which cameras let me do that then? Which Go Pros, and any other that would fit in a gimbal?

I flew two packs yesterday, and two today, at two different spots, and the novelty is wearing off. The Mobius without gimbal just doesn't cut it.. Currently I'm feeling pretty keen on AP. I just want Go Pro quality video.. Not for €250+ though. If it has to be a Go Pro, it's gonna' be used. Can a Hero 2 do full pics while shooting video?
Herrsavage is offline Find More Posts by Herrsavage
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:22 PM
Registered User
4_Props's Avatar
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Aug 2013
1,141 Posts
LHS has C-Go1 for $99.
4_Props is online now Find More Posts by 4_Props
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:42 PM
Loose Sox Special Spec
LooseSox's Avatar
Australia, SA, Modbury North
Joined Feb 2012
1,429 Posts
From someone that has both the cgo and the gopro 3+ it's gopro all the way! I offloaded the cgo to my father in law because he wanted something cheap to mess around with. The video quality is completely different between the two.
LooseSox is online now Find More Posts by LooseSox
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-Flite Apprentice S 15e RTF With SAFE Technology.... ChuckTseeker Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 5277 Nov 20, 2014 08:29 PM
New Product Blade 350 QX Quadcopter, BNF ChuckTseeker Multirotor Talk 136 Jul 23, 2014 11:51 AM
Discussion Blade 350 QX with Video rcpaintfx Multirotor Talk 395 May 13, 2014 01:16 PM
Off Site UMX ASK-21 BNF with AS3X Technology by E-flite sunderll Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 24, 2013 11:41 PM