HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:10 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,858 Posts
Discussion
Model identity ?

This picture is from the G.R.Williams book The World of Model Aircraft that was printed for André Deutsh Ltd ( he must have been a real enthusiast) in 1973 and that must have been the year I bought it in the book dept. of Harrod's London. At that time it was prime rc for me but that model at the bottom started my interest in vintage models. Does it have a name or was it a one off design ? I would like to build one.
Reginald is online now Find More Posts by Reginald
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:12 AM
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,016 Posts
My instant guess is that's a one-off, sort of.....
It looks like a "fun-scale" model of Eastbourne Monoplane, with some "builder's creativity" added....

Gluehand is online now Find More Posts by Gluehand
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:10 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Nov 2010
619 Posts
It's a scale model of an AL1 Longster. Google it and there are other photos of the real one.
kkphantom is offline Find More Posts by kkphantom
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:17 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkphantom View Post
It's a scale model of an AL1 Longster. Google it and there are other photos of the real one.
I think you're right, looking at that typical vertical stab. Curiously designed by Henderson now that rings a bell he was the fellow that designed the Dormoy Bathtub that I built a model of (see my website for pictures) The picture on Google is rather small maeby some more can be found. Thank you
Reginald is online now Find More Posts by Reginald