SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 10, 2011, 03:10 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Enkhuizen
Joined Jul 2007
624 Posts
Project page: http://www.fatedev.com/index.php?p=8...+8+gram+set+up

I got to test the Nano FPV set-up today For a proper test I reduced the video receiver ability by keeping it low and lying it on it's side then went off flying. can't wait for snow !

Delta wing Nano FPV 1st test flight 8 gram set up (4 min 33 sec)
stonerscolony is offline Find More Posts by stonerscolony
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:11 AM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
hey stonercolony
can u post a plan a pdf file with details plzz..
sissy123 is offline Find More Posts by sissy123
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined Jul 2007
624 Posts
I can look at making a PDF but as for details I wrote a whole project page on building and if you go back to page 1 of this thread I also posted lots of the details there
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:48 AM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
thanks i have chckd it out it quit good enough2 gt m going thanksss
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:09 AM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
hey there
i have some questions regarding the flying wing. i wanted to know is a flying wing unstable like d one u made and is determining the cg a problem and my last question is is the wiring to complicated please let me noe thankssss...
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined Jul 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy123 View Post
hey there
i have some questions regarding the flying wing. i wanted to know is a flying wing unstable like d one u made and is determining the cg a problem and my last question is is the wiring to complicated please let me noe thankssss...
Well let me give you the short answers before I confuse you with actual details:

A properly designed flying is just as stable as any other aircraft and even more agile. Determining COG is not so hard I stick to proportion % rules where I start with a 20<>25% COG (from nose back) for a slight nose heavy configuration and then tweak from there. The wiring... no way to short explain.

Many flying/Delta wings use just 2 servos with Elevon mixing so your ailerons become your elevator also (hence the name), I wanted a rudder to help smooth out long banking and other maneuvers which are best with rudder to maintain airspeed etc. So I in total have 3 servos. The rest of my wiring is simply for convenience with a proper power switch and easier time getting the battery in and out.

I've made flying wings in the past that where just a thick triangle shaped piece of foam board with 2 servos, receiver , motor and ESC lol. Like most builds it's only as complicated as you make it for yourself, I provide plans and step by step photos so you can take what you want from the design as a whole.

If your really interested in flying wings then I suggest you take the same kind of approach with foam boards to learn the characteristics of them, it's cheap and quick to fix on crashing. As you develop then think about design changes and how they effect your flying, doing so allows you in the end to have a good idea on designs that will work, may have problems or simply wouldn't fly.

Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
hi
i dont have a choice of making it with foam have 2 make it form balsa bus just as my professor said that flying wing flight are very unstable so kinda just worried about it i have seen ur built and its quite clear and i got an idea how to build it if i make a flying wing following ur dsign step by step im sure it wil fly as urs did hmm i undrstood how to determine cg and wiring as well....if further there are any questions ill contact you. thanks..
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:42 AM
Joined Jul 2007
624 Posts
No problem, good luck with your build.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 04:37 AM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
thanks alt
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:15 AM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
hey
i wanted to know what airfoil you used for the box......