New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2015, 05:24 AM
Find More Posts by RossiR1
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2015
12 Posts
Discussion
best brushless system for gpv-1

What is a good brushless system for the gpv-1?
RossiR1 is offline Find More Posts by RossiR1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2015, 06:27 AM
Find More Posts by venomous81
RCMCC NorCAL
United States, CA, Danville
Joined Feb 2015
51 Posts
I honestly don't know the truthful answer to your question but i can tell you what I've tried. The first setup i upgraded to was a hobbywing ez run sensorless 25a esc with an 18t motor. It was a great setup and was inexpensive. Came with the program card and already soldered. Just drop it in and go. So after many cartwheels and hundreds of dollars spent replacing parts, the esc went haywire on me and would reset to default settings everytime i hit a bump. So i found a tekin mini rage esc on ebay and purchased it and have it installed in my venom and im still using the ez run motor with it. right now I am packing my gear for my short drive to san jose, ca for the 1/8th scale rc bike nationals race at nor cal hobbies. I will keep you posted on how I like the setup once I get back home this evening. If i could go back and start fresh I would still get the hobbywing setup i just wouldn't crash as much. Haha.
venomous81 is offline Find More Posts by venomous81
Old Oct 03, 2015, 07:23 AM
Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
745 Posts
I also run the hobbywing combo, the esc works really good.
With the gpv1 you need a light motor, to keep the motor plate from warping and destroying your spur gear.
~5000kv should be a good starting point
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Oct 03, 2015, 09:47 AM
Find More Posts by RossiR1
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2015
12 Posts
Thanks for the great information, I will try the Hobbywing ez run system and let you know how it goes. I am in the middle of tearing down my bike and building it with all the pro parts and ZH aluminum wheels and wanted a little more punch.
RossiR1 is offline Find More Posts by RossiR1
Old Oct 03, 2015, 03:58 PM
r46
Find More Posts by r46
r46
huggin dat apex!
United Kingdom, London
Joined May 2005
432 Posts
I run c4 9200 an mongoose esc, 5000kv be slow on 2s an alloy rims need more grunt tbh an mamba the way to go, hobbywing soft with power.
r46 is offline Find More Posts by r46
Old Oct 18, 2015, 05:42 PM
Find More Posts by indestructiblema
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Any recommendations for settings on the hobbywing?

I bought my gpv-1 rtr. This is the first time I've done anything custom. I'm assuming I want forward with brake but beyond that I have no idea what I'm doing.
indestructiblema is offline Find More Posts by indestructiblema
Old Oct 18, 2015, 05:48 PM
Find More Posts by indestructiblema
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
I'd also be interested in seeing how people routed wires and stuff as there's a lot more now.
indestructiblema is offline Find More Posts by indestructiblema
Old Oct 19, 2015, 02:33 AM
Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
745 Posts
Set everything to soft (power delivery, brakes), this should make it easier to drive. Once you are used to it, you can change settings to suit your needs.
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg