HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2013, 01:20 PM
Theuns
Joined Sep 2011
197 Posts
Discussion
Spectre DF - new life

Hi all.
Here is an old Spectre I client wanted "spruced up" a bit.
Power will be the standard OS 91, Ramtec fan and BVM pipe.
The plane will be re-painted to look like the owner's ex-full size L-39.
The rudder servo is one of the ultra thin ones and fits inside the cutout in the fin.

More pix to follow soon.

Theuns
T. van Vuuren is offline Find More Posts by T. van Vuuren
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2013, 01:32 PM
Theuns
Joined Sep 2011
197 Posts
Maybe I am getting old, but can't seem to get pix loaded :-(

Theuns
Old Apr 30, 2013, 03:45 AM
Theuns
Joined Sep 2011
197 Posts
Here you go.
I have also modified the elevator servo mound system to have better access to them from the bottom of the fuselarge by removing coverplates.

Theuns
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:46 AM
Theuns
Joined Sep 2011
197 Posts
Hi all, been rather quiet for a bit LOL!

The Spectre has been sanded, primed and repainted.
I am now busy with the outfitting of servos, motor/fan and retracts.

Here is a question, the fan seems to be scraping against the inside of the shroud at one spot, do I just shim between the engine and the mounding to get this sorted? I do not want to sand down the fan to suite.

I also need to know the best way to plumb the fuel system. 2 saddle tanks to a 2 oz headder tank then to engine.
Pressure will be from the pipe. Do I plumb the 2 tanks into a T and then to the headder or do I let the one tank fill the other main tank and then only to the header? (in other words, no T, just and "inline" system)

Thanx

Theuns
Old Jun 20, 2013, 05:50 PM
Joined Oct 2004
676 Posts
Always correct the fit of the engine , the fan is made to be a tight fit for a reason . I know it's tedious but a few mils adjustment will get it true .
jetmaven is offline Find More Posts by jetmaven
Old Jul 03, 2013, 02:07 PM
Theuns
Joined Sep 2011
197 Posts
Wow what a struggle to get the fan not toutch the shroud or the spinner binding in the inlet duckting, but it seems all sorted now.
I have installed all the "systems" like air and fuel, we are just waiting for a header to come in from the UK before the engine can run.

I made a remote needle "mixture controll" , hope it works as well as the after market ones.

I do see however that some nose balast will be needed in this model.

Theuns
Old Oct 05, 2013, 10:30 AM
Theuns
Joined Sep 2011
197 Posts
Hi all.
I eventually managed to get the Spectre DF completed. it did take a big lump og lead in the nose to get the CG right though :-(

Theuns