HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
This is very exciting news indeed. A WL 6ch CP, exactly what I was hoping for, and I feel confident WLToys will be able to pull this off beautifully. If it's all true and in the right price range I'll be purchasing this as soon as it comes out!
And, oh yeah, V911's canopy is a lot better looking (than the HiSky FBL100).
trase is offline Find More Posts by trase
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:03 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Every next WL Toys products makes even bigger impression than previous, so i simply don't touch Walkera and other expensive brands and wait for this guy

I did the same when V939 was not yet out, and my wait paid off
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:07 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,618 Posts
Kudos to Walkera though.

Each time I am at the drawing board, designing a "perfect" heli. I get it figured out and then I run across actual working models that Walkera had already produced that is literally the way I thought of. It's pretty incredible.

If they were better executing their ideas and even marketing it, I would say they are more innovative than Horizon Hobby. In fact, if Horizon Hobby merely take some ideas from Walkera during each round, the can probably sustain their position in the market without having to have a fully staffed R/D wing of the company.

Anyways, on topic...I can't wait to lock down the pitch channel and put some fixed pitch blade on this WLToys CP and treat it like a flybarless FP heli. Surely, many of you are thinking the same?
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:19 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
yep
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:58 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
The real key will be 9x compatibility
What if it's not 9x compatible but they sell the RTF for $50? Still not interested?
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:04 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,618 Posts
Then we'll have to find a way to hack their TX module into the Turnigy 9x.

Right now, a used Blade mCP X will allow me to use my modded Turnigy 9x. But I rather have a FlySky BnF WL Toys CP instead.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:14 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
What if it's not 9x compatible but they sell the RTF for $50? Still not interested?
No , i wont be interested , i havent invested my hard earned cash into this hobby in order to blow more on the whims of companies that realistically CAN make these things compatible but dont simply because they can charge you a few $ more for a tx and tying you into their proprietry system which will be dropped in the next iteration in order to earn that extra few $ in a packaged deal.

The Helios was the same , i have 4ch helis and theres no need for me to buy another proprietry system if it was compatible with my system then i would probably have bought it. ( i have the Helios flybar on one of my v911's and it flies nicely)

I will of course follow this thread as "maybe" it will work with Flysky systems but i doubt it.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:23 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
Ok, so let's assume it's a clone of the HiSky FBL100, does anybody have one to comment on whether it is a worthy clonee? Durability would be on top of my must have list (knowing how much I'd crash when learning new skills ).
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Lets at the least hope it comes with a programmable transmitter if its not compatible with the 9x.
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:25 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,618 Posts
Well, WLToys has a decent track record. The v911, and two recent releases: v929 and v939 are all FlySky compatible.

No BNF yet available for those last two, so I still had to buy the RTF kit.

Please pray that it is FlySky compatible. Not sure if JamesChen has seen this thread yet, but confirm protocol would be a huge favor for us.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:30 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,618 Posts
BTW, it's a micro CP. it will be less durable cuz there are more moving parts and the head speed alone wil no doubt cause parts breakage we are being too slow on the throttle cut.

I have read that the FBL100 is a good clone of the mCPX. I think in some areas, it's better that the mCPX.

I bet you will get a more accurate comparison on the FBL100 thread located here and on HeliFreak.

My issue with the FBL100 is the transmitter it uses and the fact that it cost so much. You can certainly pick up a used mCPX for much less. Usually down to $100 from what I see on the local Craigslist ads. It appears from time to time.
Last edited by Daryoon; Sep 14, 2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:06 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Well, WLToys has a decent track record. The v911, and two recent releases: v929 and v939 are all FlySky compatible.

No BNF yet available for those last two, so I still had to buy the RTF kit.
V929 is avaliable as BNF since a long time. My first RTF unit is already decomissioned spare parts donor

WL Toys track record shows that their clones happens to better than original in some areas, so we can safely bet that it will outperform FBL100 and maybe Mcpx

I hope however they will not make stupid mis-step or mis-development, and it will be FlySky compatible.
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:06 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,618 Posts
I knew that. Not sure what I was trying to say. LOL.

Forgive me.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:47 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,585 Posts
Great photoshop on the canopy!

James and Aaron, please share with us when you have more information.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:54 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I had shared it on Youtube last week:

[Unreleased] 6 Channel Flybarless Micro Helicopter (could be by Benma or WLtoys) (0 min 35 sec)
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG