HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:58 PM
Sweden, Skåne County, Malmö
Joined Jun 2012
19 Posts
Discussion
V911 - Swashplate/drifting

Hello!

Just got another v911 - and from the box it drifted to the left fiercely. After adjusting the swash it now only drifts a little, which is nothing odd I would like to think.

Now the swashplate is NOTHING but level though, at almost a 30 degrees. But it flies Okay ... Is this normal, or is the gyro busted? Anything else I can do than adjusting the rods from the servo? Will this be a problem later?

Thanks
Kritan is offline Find More Posts by Kritan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:35 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
The gyro only controls the tail ,so the tail would drift if it was faulty.

Look at the head from the swash upwards and see if you have anything binding , try and take a photo and upload it so we can take a look.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:53 PM
Joined Jun 2012
19 Posts
Does not seem to be anything binding or being stuck anywhere, had to cut of some plastic residue from the head when I got it.

It flies just fine and is very responsive.

Will post some photos tomorrow - no decent light to take them in now to be able to make out any details.

Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:39 AM
Joined Jun 2012
19 Posts
Some pictures from the front/back/side with the canopy on to give a frame of reference. Not as off as it was yesterday evening since I re-adjusted the rods some, and clicked in another 2 steps on the Tx instead.
Since it do fly OK I'm not to worried, but it feels wrong ...
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:33 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Maybe you could try centering the servo arm, so it sits horizontal when the heli has initialized, and then adjust the rods until it hovers nicely?
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:51 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,585 Posts
My V911 is stable without stick corrections, yet the swash is not level and the servos are not horizontal. Just mechanically trim the heli until it can hover in the same position. How the swash and the servos "look" is not important.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jul 15, 2012, 01:35 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,496 Posts
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. I just got a V911 and right from the get-go it pulled violently to the left. I couldn't even take off, it just slammed onto its left side.

After adjusting the linkage it no longer drifts much BUT it has very little power to the left. It has very strong fast movement to the right but the left is almost nothing even with the stick at 100%. To me that indicates that something else is wrong. Ideally the swashplate should be as close to level as possible so that the full range of control is available.

So... Anyone have any ideas what the issue could be?
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:20 PM
New to RC hobby
United States, WI, Madison
Joined Nov 2011
31 Posts
I got my V911 (my first Micro 4 channel heli) today. Its the same color (white/red) from Banggood. It has the same problem, it just want to drift left instead of taking off. I had to apply full right aileron to take off. How do I fix it?
mvadu is offline Find More Posts by mvadu
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Feb 2012
9 Posts
I have the same issue. I got my new V911 yesterday and it dove to the left pretty hard on takeoff. It also will wobble when trying to hover. I'm not even sure if wobble is the right term. It's almost like a hula dancer. It will oscillate with the right side dipping slightly, then the front, then the left, then the rear, etc.. and walk itself to the left.

I took everything apart and put it back together and it seemed better for a little bit, but now it's back to diving left on takeoff and wobbling when trying to hover.
rchiav is offline Find More Posts by rchiav
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:32 PM
New to RC hobby
United States, WI, Madison
Joined Nov 2011
31 Posts
I was able to make it little better by changing the length of the links. I followed this wiki page, and shortened the linkage on the right side and lengthened the one on the left side.

Now it drifts a little to left before taking off. I could not control it withing my house, I had to go out to the parking lot
mvadu is offline Find More Posts by mvadu
Old Jul 18, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Feb 2012
9 Posts
I could live with / fix the drifting, but the wobbling I'm getting is driving me nuts. It makes it really hard to fly indoors.
rchiav is offline Find More Posts by rchiav
Old Jul 18, 2012, 04:02 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Drifting to the left on takeoff is 100% standart on V911 !!

And you guys should never try to trim this out !!

Hand-launch your heli and trim it mechnically for a perfect hover.

Don't try to get rid of left drifting on take off, don't try to level the swash or the servo arms lenght, just trim it to perfect hover after hand launch and ENJOY
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
delete
totse is offline Find More Posts by totse
Last edited by totse; Sep 15, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:29 AM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
My V911 also drifts to the left on take off. But I cannot think off any explanation on why and how this takes place. Maybe that's because i'm quite new to this heli stuff Could someone guide me to the answer why it is drifting on take off but not after it is already in air?
wytas is offline Find More Posts by wytas
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Dec 2012
7 Posts
mine also,i think maybe because of the landing skid!
lpiang is offline Find More Posts by lpiang