HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2010, 01:01 PM
Joined Dec 2010
2 Posts
Question
My Heng Long 1:30 Sherman receiver board is kaput

Apologies if my 'maiden post' is not quite where/what it ought to be.

I have a heng long 1:30 sherman that was donated to me as a 'project' but as far as I can tell, the receiver board in the tank is kaput.

My googling shows me that the rx-6b chip on the board is like hens teeth, which is a pity as the 7 functions (3 motors with two way control and 1 with on/off only) is pretty sweet on a £25 shop price tank.

Can anyone suggest an alternative tx/rx setup or shall I just continue my hacking project and turn it into an autonomous rover instead?
etherist is offline Find More Posts by etherist
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2010, 04:50 PM
Semper Fi
Northern Triaid North Carolina
Joined Jun 2008
1,015 Posts
You could go with a hobby radio with enough channels to handle everything. If you do, go with a 2.4 radio with mixing functions.
GreenAmphibian is offline Find More Posts by GreenAmphibian
Old Dec 06, 2010, 12:42 PM
Joined Dec 2010
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibian View Post
You could go with a hobby radio with enough channels to handle everything. If you do, go with a 2.4 radio with mixing functions.
Fair point. Although there're diminishing returns on repairs to a tank that cheap. It seems a shame that the tx/rx-6b chip has gone the way of the dodo though.

It's tempting to invest in a basic multi-channel 2.4 sender/receiver rig for a future project, maybe after the wallet spasms of X-mas are over
etherist is offline Find More Posts by etherist