HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:32 PM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Ironically I DID fly the Edge this morning... right before my Slick bit it.

All I've got left in the hangar is my 48" Edge, 48" Super Vyper, and 51" Slick!

I'll just make the best of what I've got until after the holidays when I can start restocking. I'm definitely going to replace the 57" Extra. I just need to figure out whether I'm going to get a new 71" Slick or a new 72" Extra. I love(d) my 57" Extra so much so I'm kinda leaning towards the 72" Extra.
You still have a better collection than most! You could be down to 3 hobbyking planes.. Then you would really hate your life!
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:54 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
You still have a better collection than most! You could be down to 3 hobbyking planes.. Then you would really hate your life!
I think I'd rather crap a pineapple than build a stable of HK planes/bricks!

Actually... I just went out in the garage and looked over my plane. I think it's actually repairable if I can get the right parts. We'll see.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:59 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,196 Posts
Quote:

Actually... I just went out in the garage and looked over my plane. I think it's actually repairable if I can get the right parts. We'll see.
I like to see the optimism creeping back in! I had someone contact me with a fb canopy but it was electric ans I needed gas. I can pass on the info via pm if you want. That is... if you need a canopy. I think he had a fresh cowl as well! I think the 71 mb will fit with some slight mods as well.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:02 PM
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Jan 2011
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
bad week for slicks... mine 51, your 71.... sigh.. and a fantasy blue just to add to that...
I ejected the batteries out of mine too! This has been a bad week, feel lucky it came down wheels first in the sand...
GetSome! is offline Find More Posts by GetSome!
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:17 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I like to see the optimism creeping back in! I had someone contact me with a fb canopy but it was electric ans I needed gas. I can pass on the info via pm if you want. That is... if you need a canopy. I think he had a fresh cowl as well! I think the 71 mb will fit with some slight mods as well.
Thanks Nate! Let me see if I can get the rear end of the fuse put back together. If I can do that then I think I'm in business.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:19 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,994 Posts
Quote:

OUCH!!!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:48 PM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,130 Posts
Ok I am out of options!!! Here is a video of my DLE 30CC With a Brand New Carb and with the Bowman Ring & Reeds done. Does anyone have any ideas or opions on what I should do at this point. Please let me know.
DLE 30 CC motor die (1 min 15 sec)
hertzrepkeith is offline Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:04 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
The only other thing I can think of is ignition. Maybe you could borrow an ignition module and try duplicate? This is a very weird fault and I'm sorry I led you astray with the carb and bowman stuffs.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:10 PM
Just go with the flow
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
Ok I am out of options!!! Here is a video of my DLE 30CC With a Brand New Carb and with the Bowman Ring & Reeds done. Does anyone have any ideas or opions on what I should do at this point. Please let me know.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6fIsd-ZI5U

Did this happen with your original ignition? give that one a try and see what happens.
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:12 PM
USA, TX, Pearland
Joined Mar 2005
352 Posts
I'm leaning toward the slick for my next plane. I have a 57 Extra and want something larger that I can double up my 4s packs. I need a plane that can help me learn. Can you guys that fly all the 3DHS planes tell me the differences between them? I like them all!
smithder is offline Find More Posts by smithder
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:17 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,196 Posts
That definitely sounds like some weird ignition issue to me. It could be your kill switch as well... Maybe try taking the kill out of the mix for a minute and see what happens.

Don't feel bad about the new parts... especially the bowman ring. That engine sounds nice and the bowman ring is going to make a lot more power once its broken in.

I'd try taking the kill switch out first because it is super easy to try vs. a different ignition. Might as well try the easiest thing first.

Generally when troubleshooting you want to try one thing at a time. There is obviously a faulty piece somewhere so just try removing pieces from the system until you isolate it. Good luck!
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
The only other thing I can think of is ignition. Maybe you could borrow an ignition module and try duplicate? This is a very weird fault and I'm sorry I led you astray with the carb and bowman stuffs.
Hey the Bowman rings made a huggggeee difference with how the engine runs. Also I had another brand new ignition that I threw on tonight and tried. (SAME ISSUE)
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:26 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithder View Post
I'm leaning toward the slick for my next plane. I have a 57 Extra and want something larger that I can double up my 4s packs. I need a plane that can help me learn. Can you guys that fly all the 3DHS planes tell me the differences between them? I like them all!
if you want something that flys similar to the extra, get the 72. if you want a 3D monster, get the 74 edge. You want an amazing mix of precision and 3D, get the 71 slick. If you want a pattern plane that can do unbelievable 3D, get the 65 vyper. I think that covers them...basically you cant go wrong. im partial to the 71 slick
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:33 PM
USA, TX, Pearland
Joined Mar 2005
352 Posts
I love the looks of the silver edge but have read it can be hard to see. Plus not sure I'm read for a "monster". I need something that will play nice when I screw up. The 57" extra seems very forgiving and easy to land but I do have a hard time keeping it in a KE spin, hovering is getting better, and hairier is getting lower. I like that the Slick looks bigger.
smithder is offline Find More Posts by smithder
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:34 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
That definitely sounds like some weird ignition issue to me. It could be your kill switch as well... Maybe try taking the kill out of the mix for a minute and see what happens.

Don't feel bad about the new parts... especially the bowman ring. That engine sounds nice and the bowman ring is going to make a lot more power once its broken in.

I'd try taking the kill switch out first because it is super easy to try vs. a different ignition. Might as well try the easiest thing first.

Generally when troubleshooting you want to try one thing at a time. There is obviously a faulty piece somewhere so just try removing pieces from the system until you isolate it. Good luck!
I have not tried the Kill Switch, but that is a good idea. I will give that a go! If that is not it then I am out of ammo! (Maybe its time to go ELECTRIC