Old Apr 01, 2015, 03:08 AM
Find More Posts by rogwinger
How fast can balsa go?
Chilliwack B.C.
Joined Jan 2002
694 Posts
Discussion
Grove GR-7

I'm currently working on a design for a GR-7. Speed 400 class I suppose you could say, not that anyone uses those anymore. If any of you have seen my Whisper design of many years ago, this model will be similarly powered and constructed. I plan to use the Mega 16/15/3 on 3 and 4 cells. 150 square inch wing area. I really enjoyed my Whisper but this will have a semi scale look and mega speed. The Gr-7 is just such an awesome looking aircraft. I've ordered wood, fiberglass and parts, building will commence soon. Can't wait
rogwinger is offline Find More Posts by rogwinger
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2015, 12:27 PM
Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,773 Posts
Hi Roger...........loved my Whisper..great design and a fun one to fly. Looking forward to your build of the GR-7.
-dave
shhhhh! is online now Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Apr 02, 2015, 10:07 AM
How fast can balsa go?
Chilliwack B.C.
Joined Jan 2002
694 Posts
Thanks Dave, glad you had fun with your Whisper. and here's a little bit of shameless self promotion. Plans are still available for the Whisper. http://www.wingermodels.rchomepage.com/whisper.htm
Old Apr 02, 2015, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,773 Posts
I might build another one using a Mega16/15/3 . I have an extra wing. I did a foam core wing and sheeted it. Would just have to build the fuselage and tail feathers.
shhhhh! is online now Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Apr 02, 2015, 11:43 AM
How fast can balsa go?
Chilliwack B.C.
Joined Jan 2002
694 Posts
Foam core hey, that's cool. If you get a Whisper flying again make sure to send me a picture. I'd really like to see it.

I drew up the same type of wood wing on the GR7 for easy building but was also thinking about a foam core using a MH 30 airfoil from http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/