SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 02, 2014, 01:00 PM
Find More Posts by multifreak
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2012
34 Posts
Yippee!
HK Australian Express Channel picking up the pace

So Hobbyking seem to be getting better at shipping from the international warehouse to Australia. I ordered last tuesday night and the package was in Australia by friday. I was let down by the fact that our postal system seems to take a break on the weekend but its sitting in the processing facility waiting to be delivered today. It actually took less time to get here than DHL express orders Ive made in the past. I may have just got lucky and ordered just in time for the latest shipment to make it to the Oz warehouse but it seems that HK are in fact getting there s#%t together. Good work Hobbyking! keep it up. Very happy camper here
multifreak is offline Find More Posts by multifreak
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2014, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by startazz
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,895 Posts
It's always good to see a positive post about HK and the Asian postal companies.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Nov 02, 2014, 06:52 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2012
34 Posts
Hey credit where credits due IMHO
Old Nov 06, 2014, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by aussie robyn
Joined Jan 2012
67 Posts
fasttttt

hi
I did better than that
ordered am Tuesday from international warehouse and it arrived Friday to country nsw

dont know how they did it but they did,
maybe they are using drones..........

keep up the great service
regards robyn
aussie robyn is offline Find More Posts by aussie robyn
Old Nov 09, 2014, 03:08 AM
Find More Posts by Thorton82
Joined Jan 2013
578 Posts
I find the Hobbyking Australia express channel great, its pretty much as cheap as ordering from the local warehouse for some items, and the transit time is similar.
Thorton82 is offline Find More Posts by Thorton82
Old Nov 14, 2014, 04:01 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2012
34 Posts
Holy crap Robyn that must be some kinda record!
Old Nov 14, 2014, 04:03 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2012
34 Posts
I've had a few less than desirable experiences with expressed channel in the past Thorton82 and ranted accordingly half the time kinda why I figured I should give kudos accordingly
Old Nov 15, 2014, 01:38 AM
Joined Jan 2013
578 Posts
Yeah, I guess they have an airfreight container that ships as soon as its full. Im having more problems with the Australian end, Auspost who are usually good have been terrible for my last two orders, Im still waiting on an Aus warehouse package that Hobbyking sent out a week ago, which appears to have been lost by Auspost. My latest Australia channel package left HK after a couple of days, took less than a day from leaving HK to get picked up by Australia post, and is still not on their system.

At least the Australia Channel doesn't used Couriers Please (who Hobbyking Australia warehouse have started offering), Couriers Please are the worse courier service I have ever had the unpleasant experience of dealing with. 4 Packages so far, not a single one delivered.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 04:14 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2012
34 Posts
Holy crap thanks for the heads up I'll avoid the courier option in future. Hope your packages get in soon. I'm guessing things are only gonna get worse as the silly season gets closer
Old Nov 20, 2014, 06:11 PM
Find More Posts by Griphin
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
2,486 Posts
Couriers Please have a terrible reputation. I would avoid.

Two weeks ago I ordered 2 parcels Australia Express. Normally 2-3 days to get here once posted it's taken 2 weeks this time. Auspost finally have them and I guess I can expect them some time next week to Melbourne. Not good.
Griphin is offline Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Nov 20, 2014, 08:09 PM
Joined Jan 2013
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
Couriers Please have a terrible reputation. I would avoid.

Two weeks ago I ordered 2 parcels Australia Express. Normally 2-3 days to get here once posted it's taken 2 weeks this time. Auspost finally have them and I guess I can expect them some time next week to Melbourne. Not good.
Funny you should say that, I have had exactly the same experience. HK shipped my package out 10 days ago, got a tracking number the next day and it didn't show up on the auspost tracking system until today. Auspost looks like the weak link here, two packages diverted through HK australia warehouse have taken weeks to arrive.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 09:27 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,486 Posts
I'm not sure about that. Customs receive the packages and pass them on to Auspost. Same building apparently just different rooms. I would be curious to see the customs date which will be on the boxes. Is this a case of drop shipping and not 'express'.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 04:58 AM
Joined Jan 2013
578 Posts
So Im disappointed in the Australia channel at the moment, the last two orders, where I specifically payed for the Australia express channel, have been shipped with Singapore post, which is way slower. I asked HK about it, and the gist of the conversation was that HK will ship whatever they deem the best solution, so it doesn't matter what you pay for. They were also not willing to offer a refund, as they said Singapore post costs more. The real problem with this however, is not the delivery method, but the time frame. The Australia channel is usually under 1 week order to delivery, Singapore post takes forever.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 05:40 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,486 Posts
My last two express orders have been with SG post. One took three weeks and the last just one week which based on my past experience means it took three or four days to get from it's origin to AusPost.