SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 23, 2015, 09:06 PM
Find More Posts by Endless Sloper
Rick Rogahn
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2005
2,695 Posts
ttraver, one thing to think about is weight distribution. I'm thinking about removing the battery that is currently in the ballast compartment putting a 650mah round cell behind the servos. It is twice the weight but it also removes some of the weight out front. I would go from 206g AUW to around 215g, but the weight distribution closer to the CG might help on launch and turns.

Webb, very true. It is fun to putz around on really light bumps in the morning or after the sun has gone down w/ a really light plane as well .
Endless Sloper is online now Find More Posts by Endless Sloper
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2015, 03:37 PM
Find More Posts by webbsolution
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
3,225 Posts
This is true - I did a matched bungee thing with another pilot last summer and the light was almost gone - flying against the horizon with a 53 oz 3.8 meter was fun...and interestingly enough it was way past dusk and the model went up...
webbsolution is online now Find More Posts by webbsolution