HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2013, 04:19 PM
Joined Feb 2013
61 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyzone.com Minnesota outlet store

Very good prices. been in the store about 10 times now to go pick up new planes or parts when i have a crash. they have parts for just about every plane they carry in stock and the store discount more then makes up for having to pay the sales tax. The guys that work there know their stuff too. mostly horizon hobby and e-flite planes. large selection of servos, motors, batteries, parts, Tx/Rx. haven't ordered from them online but its a great store if you live near plymouth/Maple Grove, MN

Hobby Zone
3700 Annapolis Ln N #175, Plymouth, MN
(763) 551-1159 ‎ hobbyzone.com
davidstroman is offline Find More Posts by davidstroman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:19 AM
Joined Jun 2013
33 Posts
and everything is actually in stock!! prices seem a little high, but i guess it's worth it to have it and not want it....
Haunakkah Zombie is offline Find More Posts by Haunakkah Zombie
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:59 PM
United States, IL, Oswego
Joined Aug 2012
10 Posts
What I love about hobbyzone.com is that they carry a lot of parts that you would normally have to order individually from their own vendor.... Like parkflyerplastics upgraded cockpits, and customrcparts motor mounts.

That being said, I've had a couple poor ordering experiences from them now, and the customer service is very hit or miss.

Most recently, I placed an order on June 28th, and used a coupon code that they sent me in an email for the E-Flite UMX mig 15 for $99 (now on horizon hobby's website for the same price). The coupon indicated the correct price in the cart, but the coupon didn't make it through to the final purchase, and with the other items I ordered, I didn't catch it when I paid for the order.

I received this order on July 5th and found that in addition to being over charged, the super cub fuselage I ordered arrived damaged. I called customer support the next day, and spoke with someone who was very helpful, assured me everything would be taken care of. He applied the coupon code to the order and refunded the difference. For the damaged fuselage, he asked me to take pictures and email them to info@hobbyzone.com, which I promptly did that day.

I didn't get an email back until July 9th. That email was from someone named Dave, who seemed more interested in giving me attitude than taking care of the problem. We emailed back and forth a few times, and I also called on the phone, just to get more attitude.

Through all of this, he never even apologized for sending me a damaged part. I only received the following apology after I explained I would be returning the entire order;
"I am very sorry IF I handled YOUR problems poorly, or IF we got off on the wrong foot."

The simple fact is I was overcharged and received damaged parts. I just want to take care of it and get what I paid for, I don't need attitude from the person who sent me damaged parts.

They seriously need some re-training in their customer service department. I hope that's something the company addresses, because I'd like to be able to do business with them in the future. But for now, I'm out.
tlindou is offline Find More Posts by tlindou