HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:43 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,547 Posts
Discussion
V929 Battery JST plug

I got a couple V929's flying and have a heck of a time disconnecting the battery. Its so tight it feels like I might rip the wires out of the board, so I sometimes use a small screwdriver to seperate them.
I got in some Tiger batts and they were the same.

So I took a magic marker and colored a male batt plug to see where it rubbed when I inserted it. It rubbed all around, meaning the female plug was just too small!

I dug into my connector stash and out of several dozen JST plugs I have, I found there was two sizes!!
The larger ones fit together ok and so do the smaller ones.
But a smaller male in a larger female is almost too loose and the larger male into a smaller female is way too tight!

So I made a tool out of pushrod wire(flattened a bit with a hammer) to push into the plug and release the wires, so I could change the plug.
It was a bit of a pain, but worth it.
Now it snaps together and releases just fine.
Butch777 is offline Find More Posts by Butch777
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:02 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
My U816 is hard to disconnect if pushed all the way. I may try a dab of vaseline on it.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:25 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,507 Posts
I used an axacto blade to slowly trim male plug to fit easier. Yes they make them way to tight and even after alot of use still tight. Rub a tiny drop of oil on finger and apply to plug. Make sure hands are dry to remove plug. U816 I had plug was insane tight now its much better.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:14 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,013 Posts
I cut grooves on the male and female JST connectors, so my fingers have more grip when I pull them apart.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:40 AM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,547 Posts
After I matched the right JST ends to each other, they snap together and apart quite easily, no struggle at all.
Butch777 is offline Find More Posts by Butch777
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:12 PM
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Sep 2012
524 Posts
I put HST on both male and female jst connectors to provide a better grip.

natscape is offline Find More Posts by natscape