HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:40 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
Perfect timing to get the Ikon setup with the master fbl tech and thread all in one!!Sometime next week after I finish my Warp build I will install.The Warp is more like a mini 500 when it sits next to a 450.I thought the Warp quality would be better compared to my Beam e4.
Thanks Beenflying , I feel better that your in the same boat!
Steve
I'm interest to hear more about the Warp 360, also. Interesting to hear you mention about the quality. I always though Compass was pretty top notch when it came to quality. Is it still made in Europe or has it all gone to Asia for manufacturing.

Also interesting about the size. I guess with 360mm blades it's certainly getting up there in size.

How does the motor on the Warp drive the main gear. Is it another belt?

I'm learning up everything I can about the Brain/iKon, at the moment, and I'm sure Dr.M will be a wealth of knowledge, as well. I've already added a lot more to the first post, as it came to mind. It's good to have a place now where I can share things, as I find out more about the MSH gyro.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:44 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,340 Posts
The Warp 360 is made in China .It has some good features such as all belt drive , but tail is not driven in a auto rotation.Some design/ fitment issues, haven't finished the build, just electronics left(servos installed).Plastic tail grips and other plastic parts don't really look that quality.That's the short review.
Steve
Kauaiguy is online now Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:43 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Thanks, Steve.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:55 PM
Australia, NSW, Ingleburn
Joined Dec 2009
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Thanks. Do I get a badge or maybe a cap to go with the title.
I see you still have your Plus. Did you buckle and pay or did they let you keep it.
ingleburn is offline Find More Posts by ingleburn
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:04 AM
Joined Dec 2011
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I'm interest to hear more about the Warp 360, also. Interesting to hear you mention about the quality. I always though Compass was pretty top notch when it came to quality. Is it still made in Europe or has it all gone to Asia for manufacturing.
Just an FYI Century Helicopters moved all of their design and manufacturing to China a while back. All of the engineering jobs are going to start going overseas soon too it looks like.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Dec 05, 2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:22 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingleburn View Post
I see you still have your Plus. Did you buckle and pay or did they let you keep it.
No, I wont pay for it. They gave us a years subscription. I was tempted to tell them to remove me, but I thought I might as well have the extra PM space until then.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:48 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
You are the official RCG FBL thread starter!
I agree. Heck you guys and BF's reviews have got me so much further in this hobby on these clone parts. Just too much junk out their surrounding the gems of products you can find that works. Before I started following everyones advice I was still playing with that junk GY48 and latter GA250 craptastic gyro trying to get them to work... Every since I bought the ALZRC 3GYS Version 1 FBL gyro (Jun 2011) I never looked back...
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:04 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
GA250 craptastic gyro trying to get them to work... Every since I bought the ALZRC 3GYS Version 1 FBL gyro (Jun 2011) I never looked back...
To be fair the GA250's problem is software not hardware. It's supposedly a good gyro if you reflash it with the third party firmware.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:15 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,263 Posts
AS...for the 10 bucks it cost I really didn't want to be bother at the time..lol
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:54 AM
Lt. Col. Crash 'n Burn
Vestfossen - NORWAY
Joined May 2008
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
To be fair the GA250's problem is software not hardware. It's supposedly a good gyro if you reflash it with the third party firmware.
True that!
I have a GA250 gyro in one of my HK-250 helis, and it was absolute cr@p with the original firmware. However, after I reflashed it with OlliW's brilliant firmware (and bootloader), it was transformed into something totally different! It's now a very capable little gyro, perfect for the confined space 250-size helis.
In fact, I love it so much I bought four more of them, and I'll be using them in my FB 450 helis as well!

\Martin
netmav is offline Find More Posts by netmav
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:31 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
and that's why the prospect of an Assan FBL controller might be interesting, if OlliW can work his magic on that! Assan have said that their controller won't be a low price item, however.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:47 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,340 Posts
Maidened the Warp with Robird

Two flights so far, mainshaft vibs where in the350- 650 and almost no tail vibs.If your interested about the Warp I would wait until they have fixed and finalized the design!Or better yet build a stretch mini p , it will be almost 180g lighter.The low disc loading isn't there with the Warp, it's heavy,250 more than my stretch Beam with same setup!
Steve
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:00 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2002
48 Posts
First time setting up the G31 gyro and a 450 size heli. All the setup seems fine, I have two questions though

1) In the setup instruction, it says the radio should have linear throttle and pitch curve, but after setting up, It seems I still have to enter the normal throttle and pitch curve on the radio, for example pitch from -1 to +9 and throttle 0 to 70% ?

2) In performance, I set to Sport, and cyclic expo to -20, and not changing anything else, it should be to for the first flight ?

Thank you.
GoElectric is offline Find More Posts by GoElectric
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:55 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,340 Posts
You setup throttle and pitch curves in your tx as usaul,The default settings work good to begin.
Steve
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:30 AM
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
Governor Connection

Where can I connect signal cable (white) from Hobbywing Brushless Motor RPM Sensor ?
White, Red or Black on RS/GainPts/AX port?

TIA
costasp is offline Find More Posts by costasp