HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:03 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Most bodacious John......looks like alien technoloy.........lol very cool....thanks for the pic.

Glad you got some good weather and had a ball it sounds like. My weather has cleared for a bit, but typical weather for the Ozarks..lol.

Carry on my friend.
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:55 AM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
Kyle...I wanna hear about the FBL experience for sure.

Barry.....next 5 days here calling for high 50's, and boat loads of WIND....time to work on the shed....cant fly nuth'in.
Will do! Its the value hobby 450 pro tt with align 3G
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:27 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
JPEE....cool pics. I see you got the "fisheye" lense thing going on. The new 450 is just waiting on weather now for an outside test flight, and maybe a couple small mods.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Will do! Its the value hobby 450 pro tt with align 3G

Really?.......wow.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:39 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Nice Bird Kyle
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Been rotten all day. I put gas in the car and went to take care of hunnydo list, that's about it. I did hover the 450 in the basement, that went perfect less the ground effects of the enclosed area. Flew the simulator and made a few radio adjustments on that too.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:15 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Hopefully it'll clear up for ya soon.

I got the two new Erazors up for some trim and a few seconds of hands off hover...yea.....outta the box.......man, they must have been made on a Wed...lol
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
Hopefully it'll clear up for ya soon.

I got the two new Erazors up for some trim and a few seconds of hands off hover...yea.....outta the box.......man, they must have been made on a Wed...lol
Two hovers in the basement with the 450 pro.....dialing it in a little better. Right now, it's REALLY good. Wont take much more to be perfect.

Sounds like those two Erazors come from someone who knows what they're doing eh? I just got mine at about hands off hover....it takes a while.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:07 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
LOL...........well not sure about knowing much......just keep stabbing at it....LOL. These are ones destined for the 206 fuselages.........hope I don't screw it up too bad..!
Have a large evening......just got my little Hobbit back to his Mom......man, I'm beat....LOL
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:25 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I've had 3 here for about 4 days....they're home tonight and I'm beat too.
Did a couple more dial in's on the pitch and throttle curves in normal mode, it's good. Then I adjusted pitch on idleup, it's good. I got it pretty responsive in idleup and a snap travel between negative and positive pitch so I can get good transition to inverted flight. If the wind is under 10mph tomorrow, I will fly it outside. I can fly it in 20mph winds, but I cant deal with 30+mph gusts we've been having. A little warmer wouldn't hurt either. Have a good night
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:47 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
If I had better TX's with these birds, it would make a huge difference in set up. Very limited adjusting.

Your a better man than me Bro..........20 mph is a touch outta my skill level right now....LOL
Later
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
If I had better TX's with these birds, it would make a huge difference in set up. Very limited adjusting.

Your a better man than me Bro..........20 mph is a touch outta my skill level right now....LOL
Later
LOL...yep...20mph is about tops for a 450 heli, I've flown .40 gasser fixed wing in 35-40mph. taking off isn't that tough but landing it when it still wants to fly. One day, I flew my plane backwards and hovered because the constant wind speed was better than 30mph. Wind is up today above 10mph, but I suspect by 5:30-6:00pm, it'll be less than 8mph and I'll take the new 450 pro out back.

I learned EARLY in this heli game that stock provided radios dont get it. My first programmable was a DX6 and I was flying the Blade CP Pro. It made life a LOT easier, but the helicopter it's self was still garbage, so I moved to the Honeybee King v2 which was a vast improvement as well.

It's 55deg here, so I did take the bike and ride it to the Dollar General and back. A little cool but not horrible doing only 25mph going into town and back.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:27 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
OH yeah........hover landing for fixed wing is cool....lol. Hope it settles here this evening....I'd like to get a bit more flying in.

I agree.....no substitute for a good radio. These are workable but no real finite adj can be done.

I looked like the Michelin Tire Man all wrapped up in Carharts one winter here......warm but couldn't move much...LOL
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
LOL...that really defines bike dedication to see a guy wrapped up like the Michelin Tire Man . I've done it, I'll do it again. Putting a scarf around my face and having the helmet face shield down helps too. We're in "wet leaves on the road" season, gotta watch that stuff cause it's like ice.

As soon as possible for ya, you need to get a programmable radio. Personally, I've had nothing but problems with Spektrum. I do have a Spektrum DX6i here that I use on the micro cub and the micro T-28, as well as with my Pheonix flight simulator. I haven't had any trouble with the DX6i up to this point and I feel lucky. I had 2 DX7's and 2 DX6's....all four were junk. For my serious and expensive models, I use Futaba 7c, and it's been working well for the past 2.5 or more years. I have a backup Futaba 7c in the closet (over a year I've had it), just in case and I may never need to use it. Personally, I think if you got a DX6i, you wouldn't regret it and they're a breeze to program.

UPDATE: took the 450 out back. posted wind is 5mph but it's gusty and faster than that. Anyway, the flight (1batt) lasted 7:30, and nothing to report because I was fighting wind the whole time. I stuck to scale flight, and had no problems.

Second flight...alot less wind. Wind was about 3-5mph and I still flew scale, no areobatics. I did fly fast forward flight with steep stall turns and large circle turns. I was tempted to go inverted and do some flips, but I stuck to the program. That flight was fun because I didn't fight gusty winds.

COOL.....
http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AkxYCm0Prp...020759644.html
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Oct 16, 2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:08 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
LOL...........oh yeah, wet leaves and something else I never knew.......liquid saline they use now on top of an asphalt patch.....in the dry......was super slippery.....my 650 lb 1100 Sabre became the heaviest dirt bike ever.....lol. Most fortunate...I hung on and got some traction off the patch. Yep, I just threw those drawers away...lol.

Yep, I'll use my Graupner Hott 12.....just get another rx and go....it's sweet.
Carry on Bro......i'll stick to scale.....my nerves, and wallet couldn't take it....LOL

If I can't get the Ural anytime soon.....maybe this bike would work....LOL Very cool.