HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:39 PM
belgium
Joined Aug 2009
29 Posts
Build Log
1/30 3 master

my name dirk and i am from belgium and bilding my first seiling schip rc

i came to this forum te git actuly help whit masting and rigging my schip.

danL adveis me to open e treat here and so here we are. i wil post later on some pic tru te bilding proses til were i am now so that you ppl can follow. sorry about my bed englich but i hope its ok fore you guys

thats me in te pic whit my schip ware i am now
amazone is offline Find More Posts by amazone
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:41 PM
Hayward, CA
Joined Jan 2009
708 Posts
Vince Hoffmann is offline Find More Posts by Vince Hoffmann
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:52 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,657 Posts
What Vince said plus
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:01 PM
belgium
Joined Aug 2009
29 Posts
thx ok like i promest e cople pic from te bilding proses
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:03 PM
belgium
Joined Aug 2009
29 Posts
part 2 if any one waane see more pic from somting just ask me i have like 500 pic
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:05 PM
belgium
Joined Aug 2009
29 Posts
i am bilding now te guns in all te deks so this can taaik e wile wan i am finist whit it but i keep you guys updatet from now gretings dirk
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:14 PM
SCALE Sailor
United States, MD, Severna Park
Joined Apr 2008
1,466 Posts
That's a bigga boat!

I'm guessing it weighs 45 or more kilograms as it is in the picture. With it's gear and ballasted out, I'm guessing it will be between 90 and 115 kilos or 200-250 pounds. That's a lot of boat.

If it can be floated now, I'd do that and measure how much weight it takes to put it on it's waterline. You'll want a ballast torpedo that attached under the hull and can be removed. A capped pipe full of scrap lead and weighing 45-50 kilos seems about right.

Transport will be the biggest thing to deal with. Unless you own a box truck with a lift, the only practical way to move it will be a trailer. The easiest would be a boat trailer and launch it like any small boat - but boat trailers are open and the rigging would not take the stress of driving down the road. A box trailer fixes that, but you won't be able to back it into the water to launch like a boat trailer.

For sail control, to start with, I would set up what Brooks calls the Parallelogram System, where the braces are attached to the yards the same distance from the center as the arm that controls them below deck - as opposed to attaching the braces out near the tips of the yards as done on real ships. A model this size I think a linear actuator servo would be the best thing to turn the yards with, I don't know that any winch or sail arm servo would have the guts for it.

The masts should be made in their sections; lower mast, top mast, top-gallant mast. I'd make them pretty much the way real masts are made, with the lowers glued up in pieces and woulded. A single stick that size will likely warp and twist. The best wood would be pitch pine if you can get it; spruce if you can't.

The masts would probably best be tabernacled or deck stepped, so they fold back onto the hull. It's going to be a very tall rig, and that would be the easiest to deal with.

Those are my thoughts off the top of my head.

So, is it the Satissima Trinidad?
JerryTodd is offline Find More Posts by JerryTodd
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:28 PM
belgium
Joined Aug 2009
29 Posts
hi jerry yes it weighs 45 kg now +/- te get it on te waterline it have te b e total from 300 kg

i am willing te make te mast in 3 parts like te victory

( is it the Satissima Trinidad? ) no its not i made my own bilding plan so this boot has nevver exsistet its e total make up from me. but i steling tings mostly from te victory like you wil see later on te main dek

this is the amount of stones i have te put in te get it on te water line
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:38 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,657 Posts
Very nice Amazone!!!
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Old Aug 11, 2009, 09:16 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,177 Posts
Welcome Dirk,

Very nice, I'm watching this build.
MILLERTIME is online now Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:01 PM
Dragon Slayer
Shelton,WA
Joined Nov 2004
1,833 Posts
Very nice build, and wellcome to the forum.
ropanach is offline Find More Posts by ropanach
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:29 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
13,373 Posts
Wow, very impressive!!!
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:11 PM
United States, MN, Brainerd
Joined Oct 2004
2,348 Posts
Wow - you are really adding a lot of detail. It will be an amazing model.
One guy in England had his big model on a launching cart that went into the water like a boat trailer. He also had a box trailer that the launching cart would roll into, so tahat the boat is protected during driving.

Jerry was right. A lot of the ballast weight needs to be attached outside of the hull, suspended under the keel.
DanL is offline Find More Posts by DanL
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:13 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,542 Posts
Unbelievable if you ask me! Excellent attention to detail & jaw dropping when it comes to size. Will you need to obtain a license to sail it?

Please do feel free to post as many photos as you'd care to.
herrmill is online now Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:43 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
22,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazone
part 2 if any one waane see more pic from somting just ask me i have like 500 pic
We LOVE pictures!
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot