Old Jul 26, 2015, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by WarbirdFan66
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2012
328 Posts
mod...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Tiergarten View Post
New skin and paintjob. This is my First attempt on glassing and I'm pleased with the result. I have had to give it 75 grams of Lead in the nose and relocate the battery all the Way up the nose to make it balance on 60mm from leading edge - hope the power system Can handle the extra weight (280 grams in total with glass, epoxy and paint).
very nice paintjob my friend, and dont worry about the few extra grams, i outfitted mine with retracts, flaps and several cool but useless extras, and it flys even better than the stock version...again great job, love the greay-yellow paintscheme
WarbirdFan66 is offline Find More Posts by WarbirdFan66
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2015, 01:10 PM
Find More Posts by WarbirdFan66
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2012
328 Posts
mod...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge767 View Post
I have flaps on mine, too, and they do make a difference. I dislike the ground handling. It's not horrible, but not good. Flying characteristics are nice. I've yet to put retracts in, but I might do that. I feel that the gear is really holding this plane back, yet I hate belly landing. Takeoffs and landings are special to me, and I don't want to lose that aspect of the experience.
I agree, the flaps make a big difference during the approach...and if you put retacts in it they are kind of a must in my opinion, because the ground handling of this plane is terrible (just like the real one) .
So if you plan to stay you your wheels, the landing speed has to be as low as possible. Take offs are ok, but landings are kind of tricky...due to the narrow gear the least bit of oversteering with the rudder, a little bit of crosswind or a tiny bump and your wingtips grace the ground....but its a good trainer...and this way you feel two feet taller if you touch down perfectly and roll out like a champ
WarbirdFan66 is offline Find More Posts by WarbirdFan66
Last edited by WarbirdFan66; Jul 26, 2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 08:45 PM
Find More Posts by Stark77
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Mar 2008
119 Posts
I've been FPV'ing this plane with fatshark goggles, 600mw vtx and 3000mah 3s - belly lander, of course - for 1.5 yrs. With the flaps operational, pretty sweet airframe. Radian pro is my long duration plane and this is my fav for short distance park flying.
Stark77 is online now Find More Posts by Stark77
Old Jul 26, 2015, 09:19 PM
Find More Posts by Topdogzrc
Wanted: More Time to Fly
Joined Aug 2014
282 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a prop nut for this aircraft? During a dogfight my prop assembly exploded and nothing could be found out in the corn. I got a new spinner and a few props, but I couldn't find a prop nut.
Better yet, what is the nut's thread diameter and pitch? I could get a new nut at the hardware store and find a way to mount the spinner.
Thanks in advance.
Topdogzrc is offline Find More Posts by Topdogzrc