Old Dec 03, 2015, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by Robert4613
United States, UT, Vernal
Joined Nov 2014
1,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
It seems to have taken forever, but we've hit a milestone of sorts = 600 pages and 9,000 posts.
I had seen that 600 page mark too! Great job everyone! There's a LOT of good info on here! Thank you all for your generous contributions!
Robert4613 is offline Find More Posts by Robert4613
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2015, 08:40 PM
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
15,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
It seems to have taken forever, but we've hit a milestone of sorts = 600 pages and 9,000 posts.
Ah, ha, ha... You kill me Jack. You just wanted to be poster 9,000 i/j This is something I don't even pay attention to.

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 04, 2015, 05:28 AM
Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
11,363 Posts
The RC Logger EOX quad was one of the first brushless quads out there and it was a really good price. Before it was ever on the market, there were thousands of posts. We're on page 1467 and post 21998.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Apr 06, 2016, 04:29 PM
Find More Posts by ac12
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Apr 2016
38 Posts
Is there a decent indoor quad that I can use to do indoor flight training for the CX2?
I got a DM003, but the controls are real touchy, and the quad zips off and into the wall. It is nothing like flying the CX2. I guess I am saying I need a quad that has a slower response similar to a stock CX2.

My purpose is to get enough flying time to be able to flying a loop circuit, vs a heads-in hover. It is maintaining the left/right control of the bird that I need to get.
I tried a heads-in hover today on the CX2, and I constantly got the L/R airlons mixed up.

thanks.
ac12 is offline Find More Posts by ac12
Old Apr 06, 2016, 04:55 PM
Find More Posts by dbacon
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
2,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac12 View Post
Is there a decent indoor quad that I can use to do indoor flight training for the CX2?

I tried a heads-in hover today on the CX2, and I constantly got the L/R airlons mixed up.

thanks.
The Hubsan is the most popular, but there are many brands, look for the "six axis stabilized" ones, which means they have sensors for movement in X, Y, and Z, and for acceleration in X, Y, and Z directions.

As far as keeping the controls straight, with fixed wing planes, my instructor told me "Stick to the lower wing" when it was "nose in" that keeps the wings level, should work for helicopters too.

I am no helicopter expert, but I also use a trick for rudder control (yaw) I think of how my rudder stick is controlling the far end of the helicopter, whether it is headed out or headed in.

Hope this helps.
dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon
Old Apr 06, 2016, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
11,363 Posts
My indoor quad of choice is the nano qx in stability mode. As far as training for a cx2 or other heli, a quad is much more stable and acts differently. To be honest, once you learn to fly a quad, I have no idea why you would want to go back to a heli. Quads are where it's at. They are so stable that they are the choice for photography and FPV. As with heli's, the thing you want is brushless, if possible. No matter what I fly, I want to just stay in my yard and not haul all of my stuff somewhere else. I have no problem getting my jollies with my quads. If you take that palm size nano qx that you spend all Winter flying indoors out in an open space, it can really zip around. If you are inclined to stay with flying things that use Spektrum technology, then you can invest in a better transmitter and fly everything with one transmitter.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Apr 06, 2016, 09:09 PM
Find More Posts by ac12
Joined Apr 2016
38 Posts
I would prefer to fly at home, but I don't have enough open space with ZERO wind. That is a problem of living on top of a hill...WIND. I have to fly both the CX2 and the micro-quad in an underground parking about 2 miles from home. That is the only place with ZERO wind and enough open horizontal space to fly, but I'm stuck with an 8 or 9 foot ceiling.

The micro-quad was flyable in the parking because I had more open space than in my house, so I had space to recover from the twitchy moves it makes. At home, I am crashing into the walls. I think I am getting too much reflected wash from the furniture and cabinets.

I plan to get a larger quad later, but I find the helicopter more attractive. That is probably because I can relate to it better than a quad. I'm thinking of the Dromida Omnius or Vista as my mini-quad.

But I still would like a nice docile indoor quad for when the weather/wind is such that I don't want to go outside.
Old Apr 06, 2016, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by whitehawk
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
United States, IN, Dyer
Joined Mar 2008
549 Posts
Anybody have or know where I can get the Xtreme canopy and landing skids for the CX2? I contacted Xtreme Production and they have been discontinued.
whitehawk is offline Find More Posts by whitehawk
Old Apr 06, 2016, 11:03 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
15,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehawk View Post
Anybody have or know where I can get the Xtreme canopy and landing skids for the CX2? I contacted Xtreme Production and they have been discontinued.
Boomtown Hobbies is a bit low on Xtreme parts. Their Boomtown skids are awesome You might see a canopy there that you could mod.

http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Blade...grades_s/9.htm

Go through the "sub catagories" at the top.

Good luck man. Happy Flying.

Mike.

EDIT: Oh my, how could I ever forget my Bud Jim. Lost touch but, he still might be in business.
http://www.djkhobby.com/
Last edited by Chap1012; Apr 06, 2016 at 11:08 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:04 AM
Find More Posts by ac12
Joined Apr 2016
38 Posts
You will need to get the BoomTown battery holder, to fit their landing skids into.
The BT skids are larger than stock, so won't fit into the skid holes on the stock battery holder.
And I understand stock is running low. I had to get a white battery holder, as the black ones are 'out of stock.'
I also got both RED and WHITE skids, so that I would have both on hand to pick from later, if I decide to change the skid color.

And as it is turning out, I will be switching from RED to WHITE, as I will be changing my tail fin from RED to WHITE. Turns out the red tail fin is hard to see in the dim lighting of the place where I fly, so it becomes difficult to see the orientation of the copter when the tail 'disappears' into the background.
Last edited by ac12; Apr 21, 2016 at 10:10 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 12:33 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
15,386 Posts
ac12, Just go "pod and boom" and use the "credit card" mod. With the credit card mod you can use just about any size batt you want.

The Boomtown landing skids are awesome...hands down. They can really take a beating and "should" fit your stock batt holder.

"The Ultra Flex Skids" in different colors. They truly are unbreakable

Mike.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by ac12
Joined Apr 2016
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
ac12,
The Boomtown landing skids are awesome...hands down. They can really take a beating and "should" fit your stock batt holder.

"The Ultra Flex Skids" in different colors. They truly are unbreakable

Mike.
After I got the skids I compared it to the stock skids, and the BTH skids are larger in diameter. It did not fit in the holes in the stock battery holder where the skids go. I suppose one option would be to file down the BTH skids so that it would fit into the holes on the stock battery holder.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:49 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
15,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac12 View Post
After I got the skids I compared it to the stock skids, and the BTH skids are larger in diameter. It did not fit in the holes in the stock battery holder where the skids go. I suppose one option would be to file down the BTH skids so that it would fit into the holes on the stock battery holder.
These skids do fit a little snug. If it's still a no go, just sand the ends of the skids a little at a time.

Mike.