Carl bridson
carlbrid is offline Find More Posts by carlbrid
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2013, 07:37 AM
Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,193 Posts
Start with posting a pic of what you got. As I recall... the fuel pump they tired to use, was a washer pump... and it wouldn't meter fuel worth a dam. Because of that... they didn't run very well. So... if you have that pump... you may want to start with getting a proper fuel pump.

The Pro-Jet ECU's aren't bad, and are still being made. You may want to contact pro-jet and see if there is a software upgrade for your ECU.

The one down side to that engine is... they tried to use stainless steel for many of the internal parts... and it doesn't last long. But, since it's a "New" engine... you should have a few hours of good running.

Regardless.... if you got it cheap... then it will be a good "Starter" engine for you.

What part of the world are you in?
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Oct 05, 2013, 05:28 PM
Find More Posts by carlbrid
United Kingdom, England, Blackpool
Joined Oct 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Honda View Post
Start with posting a pic of what you got. As I recall... the fuel pump they tired to use, was a washer pump... and it wouldn't meter fuel worth a dam. Because of that... they didn't run very well. So... if you have that pump... you may want to start with getting a proper fuel pump.

The Pro-Jet ECU's aren't bad, and are still being made. You may want to contact pro-jet and see if there is a software upgrade for your ECU.

The one down side to that engine is... they tried to use stainless steel for many of the internal parts... and it doesn't last long. But, since it's a "New" engine... you should have a few hours of good running.

Regardless.... if you got it cheap... then it will be a good "Starter" engine for you.

What part of the world are you in?
I am in the UK and will try and post some pics

When you say a few hours how many do you imagine??.

Would the software update be done by the internet or would I need to send it back to them ???
carlbrid is offline Find More Posts by carlbrid
Old Oct 06, 2013, 09:57 AM
Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,193 Posts
Run time will depend on how hot it gets. The stainless will break down at higher temps. I know some of the early JJ engine would only go 3~4 hrs before the combustion chamber, or vaporizing tubes would give up. Because of that.... DO NOT try to run it on Diesel fuel. It's more corrosive.

As far as the ECU.... I'm pretty sure you would have to send it to Pro-Jet for an update.
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda