Totally agree
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
Old Feb 07, 2016, 09:51 PM
Find More Posts by ryane67
Can it fly? I'll try and see!
United States, MI, Orion Charter Township
Joined Mar 2013
1,795 Posts
I put new windings on my mxs's motor last weekend.. More fun with 20awg wire, technically the motor should now be able to handle 102amps but I'm not going to push it there.. 72 is plenty.
ryane67 is offline Find More Posts by ryane67
Old Feb 07, 2016, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by wedoitall
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,701 Posts
Glad to see you back. I just recently came back after about a year and a fe months break. First plane I threw back In the air was my MXS too.

Feels good huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunk View Post
Thanks, Doc! I couldn't be happier to have this thing flying again. It's been so long that I forgot just how amazing this bird flies. It's been about 2 years since it's been in the air and yet the moment I took it up I felt right at home with it. I haven't really had much stick time at all over the past year or so. I figured the re-maiden would be a basic trim flight, taking it easy and getting a feel for it again but this thing is so solid I instantly felt confident bringing it down on the deck and wringing it out. Makes me want to invest in the 60" sizes a bit more now.

Also gotta give a big thanks to Hitec for getting my servo back to me really quick. They didn't even charge me for the repair. Definitely going to be thinking of them a lot more now when it comes to choosing servos. I would have gladly paid for their service, but that's just awesome that they take care of their customers like that. You don't see that generosity too much from big companies nowadays.
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2016, 08:09 PM
Find More Posts by xxGenoxx
Try anything once!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Feb 2013
458 Posts
The snow finally all melted and I got to take my mxs out...what a blast. Haven't flown it since October...what a awesome machine
xxGenoxx is online now Find More Posts by xxGenoxx
Old Mar 12, 2016, 09:22 PM
Find More Posts by Motojunk
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedoitall View Post
Glad to see you back. I just recently came back after about a year and a fe months break. First plane I threw back In the air was my MXS too.

Feels good huh.
Sorry, I didn't see this until just now. But yes, it feels great to have this thing flying again.

It's even better now that I reset the ESC. I feel like an idiot for not knowing this or doing it sooner. I've had this plane almost 3.5 years now and I never knew resetting the Airboss ESC to factory defaults gives you quicker throttle response than what it comes programmed with. Thanks to Jase for making that video a few weeks back. I feel SOOO much more confident getting low with this thing now. It's like a whole new plane again. I figured the throttle response was slow just because it was a decent sized plane and took a bit to spool up. Now it's nearly instant power, like all my smaller planes. Gotta love it!
Motojunk is offline Find More Posts by Motojunk
Old Mar 13, 2016, 04:42 AM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunk View Post
Sorry, I didn't see this until just now. But yes, it feels great to have this thing flying again.

It's even better now that I reset the ESC. I feel like an idiot for not knowing this or doing it sooner. I've had this plane almost 3.5 years now and I never knew resetting the Airboss ESC to factory defaults gives you quicker throttle response than what it comes programmed with. Thanks to Jase for making that video a few weeks back. I feel SOOO much more confident getting low with this thing now. It's like a whole new plane again. I figured the throttle response was slow just because it was a decent sized plane and took a bit to spool up. Now it's nearly instant power, like all my smaller planes. Gotta love it!
I wish I knew about that myself lol. Just sold 2 airboss recently. Throttle response was the reason. It was kinda scary down low with the lag.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 13, 2016, 07:56 AM
Find More Posts by jwilliamsrc
Team Extreme Flight, JR, BandE
Georgetown, IN
Joined Dec 2003
2,752 Posts
They are supposed to come set with factory default settings, but like anything else in this world when you make thousands of them some get thru with something programmed that should not be there.
Jeff
jwilliamsrc is offline Find More Posts by jwilliamsrc
Old Mar 13, 2016, 10:04 AM
Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Team Extreme Flight
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
19,852 Posts
I have helped a lot of people get their Airboss set up, and in doing so I simply go straight to "restore factory defaults" right away. Part of this is because they usually have everything screwed up, so a total reset makes sure everything is right. It's easy to get lost on the beep sequence if you are new and don't understand things, much like happened to me when I was new at this.

I suggest not messing with the soft start settings or any other settings. The Torque motors run so perfectly with the default settings that there is no reason to ever change that. I suggest going straight to a total system reset, which is right at the end of the beep sequence just before you get into the helicopter settings. Just follow Jase's video to the letter and 99.99% of the time, every problem goes away.

The solitary time this did not work, Extreme Flight overnighted the extension to us and that killed to problem completely. With this in mind, I think anyone having a problem is best served simply going to "restore factory settings." If that does not work and you fly Spectrum, you Probably need to call Extreme Flight and get the extension.

I hope this helps.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Last edited by Doc Austin; Mar 13, 2016 at 10:10 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 11:08 AM
Find More Posts by jk6672
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
5,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryane67 View Post
I put new windings on my mxs's motor last weekend.. More fun with 20awg wire, technically the motor should now be able to handle 102amps but I'm not going to push it there.. 72 is plenty.
What kv did you wind to?
jk6672 is offline Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Mar 13, 2016, 11:55 AM
Joined Mar 2013
1,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
What kv did you wind to?
492 ukv gives me 1600 watts in on the 16x7
Old Mar 13, 2016, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by Depronicus
Altitude is my friend...
Southern California
Joined May 2009
2,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
...they usually have everything screwed up...
You have to wonder how that happens.
Depronicus is offline Find More Posts by Depronicus
Old Mar 13, 2016, 01:13 PM
Joined Mar 2013
1,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus View Post
lack of patience

ask me how I know
Old Mar 13, 2016, 02:32 PM
Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Team Extreme Flight
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
19,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus View Post
I have to admit I have got a slight dyslexia and my mind couldn't quite decipher all the dots and dashes in the manual. I had to study it hard until I could force myself to see it, and then I had no trouble. A lot of guys coming into electrics are like I was ........ didn't know jack.

I got a few of them screwed up because I got into programming mode by accident. I tried to fix this problem, or that program by changing individual settings but just made things worse. Finally I called Extreme Flight and Curtis told me to go straight to "restore factory settings." and that solved everything. Since then, restore setting is the first thing I recommend when people have trouble, and that works almost every single time.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Mar 13, 2016, 05:05 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,701 Posts
I think I needed the extension on the ones I had, I fly spektrum.
RCG Plus Member